Water collection...

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

curious

Water collection...

Postby curious » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:13 am

I'm curious...
Is it possible to have some form of water collection that can be automated (outside of a boat)?
Possibly with a range... for instance an un-fuelled pump has to be worked, through to the same pump being fuelled, and just run itself?

If this has been suggested before... apologies.
If I am missing something obvious here... apologies.
SumBum

Re: Water collection...

Postby SumBum » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:30 pm

curious wrote:If I am missing something obvious here... apologies.

curious wrote:I'm curious...

I'm guessing you mean a non-coastal/lakeside location? I think it would be nice if it's just as inefficient as a solar still. Or maybe some form of the solar still that gathers dew or some such instead of "purifying saltwater" that can be used inland.
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZY!! - James Brown
curious

Postby curious » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:29 pm

Yup.
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:53 pm

An automated water gathering project without additional input would screw with the production balances, since it would essentially give you water for free (the solar still is bad enough). An automated water pump that consumes fuel would not be much of a problem though.
Pretty in pink.
curious

Postby curious » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:32 am

Piscator wrote:An automated water pump that consumes fuel would not be much of a problem though.

I could certainly live with this.

Return to “Suggestions”