Portable storage ending up in your inventory

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

madfish

Portable storage ending up in your inventory

Postby madfish » Tue May 17, 2011 4:56 pm

I assumed this would be the case anyway and so one of my characters accidentally left something behind when he left town. I just wondered if there was any reason this isn't the way it works currently and if not maybe it could be implemented.

To clarify I mean that currently after building portable storage, a reed basket for example, the finished item ends up on the ground of the location you are at rather than in your inventory.
West is the new North!
Chris

Re: Portable storage ending up in your inventory

Postby Chris » Tue May 17, 2011 6:48 pm

madfish wrote:I assumed this would be the case anyway and so one of my characters accidentally left something behind when he left town. I just wondered if there was any reason this isn't the way it works currently and if not maybe it could be implemented.

To clarify I mean that currently after building portable storage, a reed basket for example, the finished item ends up on the ground of the location you are at rather than in your inventory.

You probably didn't have enough room in your inventory. Any project result that is too heavy to fit in your inventory ends up on the ground. Nothing special about portable storage.
Comy

Postby Comy » Tue May 17, 2011 6:51 pm

No, portable storage definitely ends up on the ground when you finish it, no matter how much space is in your inventory. I think the same might be true of portable furniture items (wool blankets, for example), but I've not seen many made and am not certain.
Dishonor on you, dishonor on your cow...
madfish

Postby madfish » Tue May 17, 2011 7:08 pm

Yep, I definitely had enough space.
West is the new North!
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Tue May 17, 2011 7:19 pm

Comy: Aren't pillows considered portable furniture? I've never had to pick up a pillow after I've finished making it.

</OffT>
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Tue May 17, 2011 7:45 pm

Pillows are not furniture, they're objects. There is no such thing at this time as portable furniture, and I'm not sure what that has to do with the topic (portable storage).
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly

Return to “Suggestions”