Skill Development

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Cheshierekat

Skill Development

Postby Cheshierekat » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:47 am

Error: You are not skilled enough to complete this project.

It could happen...make it so you have to start on a minor building project in order to develop your skills to be able to build a hall (etc). Start on a small vehicle before you can build a car. Maybe even fail a few times before you can develop your skill enough to complete the whole project.
When people tell me that great minds think alike, all I can do is look at them and think "oh you dirty, dirty bastard"
SumBum

Re: Skill Development

Postby SumBum » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:50 am

This is part of what I keep commenting on to make skills actually meaningful and allow people to have careers/specialties. It would encourage cooperation and interaction, too.
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZY!! - James Brown
Surly

Re: Skill Development

Postby Surly » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:15 pm

This is part of the skills discussion currently ongoing in GAB.

However I think the preference is for everyone to be able to make everything, but the quality of output to be affected by the skill level. Watch this space!
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.

Return to “Suggestions”