Being able to drag minimum 15 kilos of resources at once

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

wadko

Being able to drag minimum 15 kilos of resources at once

Postby wadko » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:15 pm

I have a char that without a wheelbarrow can't drag a pile of resources that weights less than 15 kilos. For me it's absurd. How can this char be able to hold 15 kilos of something in his inventory but when he puts it on the ground it's unmoveable for him?
Polt86

Re: Being able to drag minimum 15 kilos of resources at once

Postby Polt86 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:28 pm

I agree.

Slightly off topic, but why is a character's fighting skill so influential when dragging resources?

For example one of my characters is an expert fighter who is much weaker than average and can drag around 30 kilos (I don't remember the exact number). Another of my characters is much stronger than average, but has about as low of fighting skill as it gets, and they could barely drag 15 kilos.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:09 am

Dragging people and resources reuses the same code for some strange reason.
Surly

Postby Surly » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:26 pm

In short, the dragging code is screwed up.
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:39 am

Thought:
Dragging resources should be determined by strength, not so much fighting, but potentially help out with both.

My much weaker than average expert fighter character should not be able to drag half her body weight in resources even though she can drag much stronger than average, awkward fighter characters.
Surly

Postby Surly » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:17 pm

Snickie wrote:Thought:
Dragging resources should be determined by strength, not so much fighting, but potentially help out with both.

My much weaker than average expert fighter character should not be able to drag half her body weight in resources even though she can drag much stronger than average, awkward fighter characters.
This underlines how screwed up the current system is.

I think dragging should be based on whichever your highest stat is (fighting skill or strength). That should remove the ridiculous situation above.
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:12 am

As long as you can move any heap of resources piece by piece, I don't see why there should be a limit to dragging resources at all.
Pretty in pink.
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:33 am

Hmm, what about this:

When dragging a pile of resources, you are given an option of how much you want to drag, similar to picking up or dropping something. Then, like in resource gathering, a random numbering varying no more than 20% from the number specifed ends up being dragged, depending on the skill (strength in this case, with little if any influence by fighting) of the dragger. The event still would show for all characters as:
You see some resource being dragged from Place to Building. (Name)
You would have to actively check how much of the stuff actually got dragged.

Sound alright?
CrashBlizz

Postby CrashBlizz » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:25 am

I dont care what stat it uses but I agree there should be a min amount. I have a character who cant drag 11k of resources. Not a problem unless he had to move a lot of resources around - which he did have to do. (annoyingly most of which we're between 14-17k piles of things)

Return to “Suggestions”