how to impliemnt healing capacity etc....

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

SumBum

Re: how to impliemnt healing capacity etc....

Postby SumBum » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:36 pm

I was thinking something similar to Gimpy. I can definitely see more accidental deaths from trying to juggle that line between eating AND drinking versus being able to heal the maximum amount. One could even say it will shift more in favor of "power gamers" who have the ability to keep their chars on the brink of death.

Gathering water is one of my least favorite things to do. With a water skin it's almost torture. Water seems to me to be something for the "rich" or more developed places. It's used for higher end or things that fall more under the luxury category to me.
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZY!! - James Brown
viktor

Re: how to impliemnt healing capacity etc....

Postby viktor » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:19 am

i can think of a tweek that would prevent starving off, not sure how complicated the programming would be but... be able to set a bar as to how far down you wish to go hungry/thirsty, so you're auto eating/drinking would kick in once you were down to the bar. and the message that you are hungry/thirsty would then only show if you fell below the bar.

Return to “Suggestions”