"Attention" Button

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Doug R.

"Attention" Button

Postby Doug R. » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:20 am

A button you could click on a character's profile that would place a little alert icon next to their name on a character page. Essentially, if you're waiting on a character for something, you could click this button. I suppose it could be a little OOC for a character to know someone wants their attention even if they can't remember what it was about, but it could be useful for noisy towns, or RP situations involving more than two people where the other players don't want to continue without the others.

This could be abused, of course, so there may need to be limitations.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Re: "Attention" Button

Postby Joshuamonkey » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:27 pm

I like this a lot. :D It reminds me of the email notifications thing, though it may be bad to allow people to get emails from this, I'm not sure.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
Marian

Postby Marian » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:18 am

I like this a lot too, for the same reason as Joshua - I was a fan of the email thing, and this would be almost the same, just much less abusable.
Pilot
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Pilot » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:06 am

It would be an aid for people in noisy towns. I support this :)

Return to “Suggestions”