Cesspit

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

nova hero

Cesspit

Postby nova hero » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:30 pm

It would be built outdoors, and be somewhere where you could drag some animal products to - bone, hide, dung - never to be seen again. This would hardly cause a shortage, as they are easily got, and what you do keep would be more valued, ie. dung for drying, hide for leather, etc. Having one would clear a lot of space in buildings in those towns that have few. According to wikipeadia, they are made of stone and look like old hand dug wells - they have a picture of an old slovakian cesspit.
EchoMan

Re: Cesspit

Postby EchoMan » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:46 pm

I would rather be able to do more stuff from the animal products. Bone handles for tools is a good start. And making fertilizer if it hadn't been a manual project. :P
nova hero

Postby nova hero » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:08 am

Yes, and making glue from bones, but i believe there will always be too many unused animal resources from hunting, and a cesspit would be a good, hygienic, way of getting rid of them, rather than just letting them rot away, if that is what happens to them in-game. If they do have value somewhere, then you store and use them as you like.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:19 pm

I read that the best shields are made with hide coverings because when hide shrinks, it pulls the wood parts tightly together and makes it stronger. They just had a metal knob in the middle to protect the arm. But in Cantr metal shields are lighter than wooden ones and only the buckler uses hide. And custom desc carvings from bone would be one way of wasting them. But in a way the idea of a cesspit seems tempting. Or a junk heap where you could throw anything to move it out of sight, without having to drag items or carry them into buildings, and people could also remove stuff from it without having to enter buildings, and not to mention unlimited storage capacity, or at least very large for very little building effort.
Not-so-sad panda
masterekat

Postby masterekat » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:17 am

I think you should also be able to throw sleepy newspawns into them as well. :twisted:

Return to “Suggestions”