Swimming pools

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Doug R.

Re: Swimming pools

Postby Doug R. » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:55 pm

I vote to put them inside only, because I don't think it's fair to subject players that don't care to endless text of so-and-so splashing about in the pool.

I would also like to see them as something you could actually enter, unless, if they were made as furniture, the message was changed to swimming as opposed to resting.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:58 pm

Where's your fanatasy? :wink:
Pretty in pink.
Arenti

Postby Arenti » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:01 pm

Yes I agree inside only would be best. And maybe if you really wanted to you can make an separate building type as swimming pool. But I guess if you just name the hall swimming pool and with a swimming pool as furniture in it, that should do. And yes the message could be best as swimming and not resting.
There is no rule that says I can't post as much I want. I asked my lawyer.
Keegan Ingrassia

Postby Keegan Ingrassia » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:02 pm

Doug R. wrote:I vote to put them inside only, because I don't think it's fair to subject players that don't care to endless text of so-and-so splashing about in the pool.

I would also like to see them as something you could actually enter, unless, if they were made as furniture, the message was changed to swimming as opposed to resting.

If they were swimming, instead of resting, wouldn't that drain energy, instead of restore it? Like, 2% an hour, perhaps?
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.

Bis vivit qui bene.
Arenti

Postby Arenti » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:04 pm

Keegan Ingrassia wrote:
Doug R. wrote:I vote to put them inside only, because I don't think it's fair to subject players that don't care to endless text of so-and-so splashing about in the pool.

If they were swimming, instead of resting, wouldn't that drain energy, instead of restore it? Like, 2% an hour, perhaps?

Wouldn't matter. As that way no one would use it like that and just only rp swimming.
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:24 pm

Keegan Ingrassia wrote:If they were swimming, instead of resting, wouldn't that drain energy, instead of restore it? Like, 2% an hour, perhaps?

I wonder what would happen if we entered a negative value for the resting value... Anyway, we could probably enter a resting value of 0 and still would be "resting". But then again we could probably make it a regular piece of furniture as well.

An argument against making it a separate room would be that there would be no easy way to prevent people from building a lock in it.
Pretty in pink.
colonel

Postby colonel » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:37 pm

Piscator wrote:
Keegan Ingrassia wrote:If they were swimming, instead of resting, wouldn't that drain energy, instead of restore it? Like, 2% an hour, perhaps?

I wonder what would happen if we entered a negative value for the resting value... Anyway, we could probably enter a resting value of 0 and still would be "resting". But then again we could probably make it a regular piece of furniture as well.

An argument against making it a separate room would be that there would be no easy way to prevent people from building a lock in it.

Just do what we used to do as kids.... climb the fence. :twisted:
Arenti

Postby Arenti » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:40 pm

colonel wrote:
Piscator wrote:

Just do what we used to do as kids.... climb the fence. :twisted:

I wouldn't do that in Cantr. Chars have been killed for less in Cantr. I never saw someone irl with a crossbow standing close to the swimming pool.
Keegan Ingrassia

Postby Keegan Ingrassia » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:52 pm

I've seen a guard with an automatic shotgun and a flak jacket in a gas station store...that close enough? :mrgreen:

Bis vivit qui bene.
Arenti

Postby Arenti » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:53 pm

Nothing to do with a pool lol, And lets get back on topic before the forum police gets here. :D
colonel

Postby colonel » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:14 pm

Would this mean I could start a pool boy character now? And are we going to have people fishing dead characters out of the pools.

cause of death > drowned
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:52 pm

Drowning would only be possible if we could assign negative health regeneration values and I doubt we can do that.
Pretty in pink.
Arenti

Postby Arenti » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:36 am

Piscator wrote:Drowning would only be possible if we could assign negative health regeneration values and I doubt we can do that.

And even if it is possible, it shouldn't be done.
Rusalka

Postby Rusalka » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:51 am

Could be used when ship sinks. Then all chars are kind of trapped in the water, loosing their health every turn. If they are lucky, somebody will pick them up. :D
Artur wrote:ja chce miec fabryke i czarnuchow w niej a nie dom z ogrodkiem kurna i nie zycze sobie zeby mnie ktos pouczal o graniu w cantr qrka
Keegan Ingrassia

Postby Keegan Ingrassia » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:04 pm

Oooh, I like that! Say, could there be pieces of debris they could hold onto, to slow down the effect? Say, a one or two hour project, to grab onto the driftwood?

They could try and swim for shore, if it were near.

Hm...and if a person was in a cabin when a ship sinks, they would die immediately, as opposed to those on deck. "A sudden rush of water pours in through the cabin hold, as the deck tilts sickeningly under your feet. The icy brine fills your lungs and grips your heart with its cold, merciless fingers. You have drowned."

Bis vivit qui bene.

Return to “Suggestions”