Last Words/Death scene

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

shapukas

Postby shapukas » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:48 am

That i like
Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:25 pm

SekoETC wrote:There should be a clear distinction between when someone dies and when the person is just dying. Since if it has said "X dies", or "Y expertly kills X using a steel sabre" then X shouldn't say anything more because they're dead. But if there were middle-stage events like "X collapses ton the ground/floor" (for starvation, heart attack) or "Y expertly hurts X using a steel sabre, wounding him/her mortally", then it would be clear that the person is about to die but not yet dead. And this leads into the other suggestion of near-death state. Someone suggested that once a person is in this state, others could execute him or her without a chance of missing, but should people be willing to give the person a chance for last words then they can wait that the person logs in.

If the killer (or someone else) has to act again to finish the killing, then giving a chance for last words would be a risk. The killer might have to flee, run into a locked building or vehicle, might get killed by someone else, etc. I would prefer the death itself to follow the near-death state automatically after a certain number of hours, with the near-death person only able to speak once and not do anything else.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:39 pm

If the killer is in risk of being caught then of course they're not going to stick around to hear what the person might say. They might strike a second blow to make sure the victim tells no tales or then leave them suffering. A blow of mercy is not necessary to finish off the person since the person is dying - they will automatically die within a certain length of time (I'd say a day). So it's not like the person would keep hanging on forever. Since they would be unable to eat healing food (or regular food for that matter) they couldn't get better in any way. All they could do is say those last words. The ability to finish off a person is only for those cases when you have no respect for the person and want to make sure they don't talk. Or if you want to end their suffering. For example if it's a suicidal newspawn spouting obscenities then you wouldn't care to hear their last words.
Not-so-sad panda
DylPickle

Postby DylPickle » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:34 pm

This can all be done with the current system... If you're 50% or more damaged, you're officially dying. Play it out. This is an RP game afterall.
Rossato

Postby Rossato » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:32 pm

DylPickle wrote:This can all be done with the current system... If you're 50% or more damaged, you're officially dying. Play it out. This is an RP game afterall.

But give a blow and let the other die in suffering and watch him bleed until death is cool.

I like the idea of near-death state, where you can only talk (no walk away) and you die 1 day after, or with one more hit.
Não vai dar tempo!!
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:20 pm

DylPickle> Yeah but you can still get healed. In a second. You're not in any real danger if there is an established helpful character around with popcorn or onions. If you try to rp, people just think you're being melodramatic and ignoring Cantr mechanics.

One of my characters was half dead once, I tried rp'ing him being in a rather weak state. People simply handed him several kilos of onions and said eat those and you'll feel better. At first I limited eating to something less than a kilo a day because eating all at once would give him gas, but then there was one really annoying newbie ripping off Harry Potter and I figured screw this, I want that kid to die fast. That's a good example of the state of roleplaying on the English region, and I think it has gotten worse since that. I guess in a few years the English culture will be reduced to a bunch of confused newbs and sleeping oldbies and eventually they will all be enslaved by the Polish pirates.
Not-so-sad panda
phoenixannwn

Re: Last Words/Death scene

Postby phoenixannwn » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:24 pm

Can't we do this now with the new combat system? Essentially? Since you have to 'accept' the hits and all, before you accept, when you know it's going to kill you, you can be all "Argh! For the wages of sin is death!" or w/e and then accept.
70% cute, 30% WTF
Bargon wanchi kox paa, Solo! Hoo hoo hoo hoo
http://witchesandweres.tumblr.com/
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:57 pm

The new combat system will probably eliminate the need for this yes.

You are very good at ressurrecting old dead threads btw. :)
phoenixannwn

Postby phoenixannwn » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:01 pm

:oops:
I can't help it! I run across them and then I want to stay stuff and if they're dead they should be buried, not waiting for me stumble upon and such.
:oops:
70% cute, 30% WTF
Bargon wanchi kox paa, Solo! Hoo hoo hoo hoo
http://witchesandweres.tumblr.com/
notsure

Postby notsure » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:25 pm

I've been playing a zombie game (www.die2night.com) and my charrie gets killed every night or every other night (only people who pay have a chance of living), but anyway, when you log on and you find out you are dead, you have the chance of saying what you want and it will be shown to the other players in the daily newsreport.

ns :?

Return to “Suggestions”