Market stall - to buy and sell like we've always wanted to.

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

returner

Postby returner » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:21 am

Why was my post edited and changed? Are we in China?
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:23 am

Returner wrote:
Joshuamonkey wrote:Yes, but trades are difficult without running the risk of someone running off.

I'll tell you what's realistic. If I pass someone an item for trade, and they run off, I should be able to grab them and get my item back.
But can I? No. It's unrealistic. I should be able to stop him.

So you're saying that if someone stole something from you in RL you'd absolutely be able to catch him? THAT, is unrealistic.
If you want to catch the guy that stole from you, chse him down with some friends and kill him... You can't expect to just be able to "get it back"...

If life were like that, you wouldn't need Visa!

I don't know who you're quoting, but it isn't me.

Cogliostro wrote:Your arguments are welcome, fellow simian. "Not realistic" isn't an argument when we're considering an infinitely practical gameplay-enhancing convenience.

What I don't like is that this is an automated system, like an npc. There may be a person standing there, but he's not actually the one doing it. I'd like to argue against myself now though, because it isn't realistic for people to sleep all day either. Also, I've done many many many trades before, and from what it sounds like, I wouldn't use this very often, if at all, unless there was a proper method for trading very large amounts of resources. However, some of my characters would be happy to have something new to build, and some people may find this addition very useful, like T&T, who has a set rate and coin system, and this may even encourage the use of coins.

Also, I've changed my opinion, and decided that it would be better to add this. I guess it's the Cantr version of a "trading interface" that many other games have, not that that justifies it. Cantr isn't other games, but a trading interface would be nice.

Why was my post edited and changed? Are we in China?

We're in the Internet. The staff are in many different countries. The staff has the right to edit. However, I don't know what was edited, but whoever edited it should have said they edited in the post.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
returner

Postby returner » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:05 am

Agreed Joshua. They do have the right to edit it. But that's an abuse of the power given to them. If it was funny, I wouldn't have cared. If it was proving a point on an error I made, I wouldn't have cared.
But it was a completely pointless edit and now I've forgotten the point I was making.

To whomever did it, wtf was the point of editing my post?
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:25 pm

No one edited ANYONE's post, Snake_byte fail quoted... and then I made a funny. :p
Snake_byte

Postby Snake_byte » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:48 am

Sorry, was no abuse but a Noobish fumble... Won't happen again.
My old banner ;)
Hedgedhogst

Re: Market stall - to buy and sell like we've always wanted to.

Postby Hedgedhogst » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:09 pm

I'm loving some of the ideas thrown in here, although trying to read it all kind of drained every ounce of willpower I had.
I'd like to see some kind of 'trade method' put into place, but I think any real feedback needs the idea progress to date, to be shortened and more 'to the point'.
Would anyone agree to a new thread, with a compressed ideas list? It could contain a link to here for those who have time on their hands.

Great ideas, but I chose to 'scan' over a lot, and by the end of it I was almost too drained to post.
I hope this suggestion can be reprinted more neatly, to get the respect and feedback it deserves.
EchoMan

Re: Market stall - to buy and sell like we've always wanted to.

Postby EchoMan » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:14 pm

Welcome to the forums. What you describe happens a lot unfortunately. Many Cantr players have many great (and some not so great) ideas, and popular threads get cluttered to the point noone want to read them anymore.

That is one of the reasons we don't allow "+1" posts or off topic discussions in here (this is one rare case when it is allowed ;) ).

If someone wants to summarize the suggestions so far, that would be great. We usually don't remove old posts just because they are many. We could however, link to the summary in the first (and last) posts of the thread.

Return to “Suggestions”