Fax Machine or Teletype

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Armulus Satchula

Postby Armulus Satchula » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:01 pm

Piscator wrote:We could have those steampunky wax cylinders. :wink: We could use existing resources and it wouldn't get too high-tech.

I'd expect it maybe to be more of a clay disc, possibly similar to a phonograph. Iron or Steel needles that would need repaired more often or a diamond one that needs repaired less often.
Gran

Postby Gran » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:28 pm

*Wiro wrote:I don't like speech-to-text. ._.

The weird modernization of cantr freaks out some of the new players.

I think that if you need to print something, you would use a telegraph or a teletype. And no wires needed, cantrians just jumped that and made radio based low ranged communications systems.
"Navegar é preciso; viver não é preciso"
joo

Postby joo » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:02 am

1. TAKE SLAVES
2. MAKE THEM WRITE DOWN TRANMISSIONS
3. HAVE ANOTHER RADIO IN ANOTHER BUILDING SO YOU CAN TEST THEIR LOYALTY BY COMPARING MESSAGES AND SENDING YOUR OWN
4. ???
5. PROFIT!!!
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:28 pm

No need to MAKE slaves, joo. SO MANY people want to "be a guard" or "join the navy" that you can give them that satisfaction but sit their butts down in front of a radio and never have to look at them again.

YAY for people wanting power and weapons only to be stuck listening to static for fifty years! :twisted:
toon

Re: Fax Machine or Teletype

Postby toon » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:49 pm

To start this topic back up, I'd like to suggest that you'd have a machine that prints what is said on the radio, but instead of the machine producing notes, maybe just make it a usable machine so that when you use it you can look back at what was said without the clutter of notes.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:01 pm

It's already suggested above: viewtopic.php?p=356455#p356455

But I really do like this suggestion, since outdoor/on-deck radio/speakers suggestion never took off.
toon

Postby toon » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:57 pm

It would definitely boost the usefulness of radios. Right now sitting inside listening to mindless chatter on the radio is so annoying and boring that no one really wants to deal with it.
SumBum

Postby SumBum » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:25 am

EchoMan wrote:It's already suggested above: viewtopic.php?p=356455#p356455

But I really do like this suggestion, since outdoor/on-deck radio/speakers suggestion never took off.

I would love it if there were a recording, printed or otherwise, of radio messages OR an outdoor speaker. Either of those suggestions would be awesome and an excellent solution to several issues. I have no idea why the outdoor speaker suggestion wasn't accepted. Maybe I'll try to dig it up.
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZY!! - James Brown
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Postby Greek » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:23 pm

[fax] Is really good idea. I'd like to see it in the game :) I'll have possibility to be the only one with access to radio messages and other people will only know what I will tell them. ]:->
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
Yang

Postby Yang » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:49 pm

Fax have only one reciver, so you could only send message to somebody who number you know. It could be sended via radio wave, but still devices need ID to be recognized first.
Recorder could record all messages that was in radio. Could be a addon to radio reciver. But it would need to repeat last messages when pressed on button. Maybe last since last time when button was used?

One solution gives less trash on wave and let people to talk easy without others hear it. Secound let you be outside and still not miss radio messages.
Majix

Postby Majix » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:44 pm

I like your recorder idea, Yang. And if you could put it on record when you are in the room working you don't have to be annoyed if there is someone chatting meaningless things on the radio.

Also, your player don't have to click to see what has happened everytime someone has coughed in the radio.
Theda
Administrator Emeritus/PD/Personnel Officer

Postby Theda » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:54 pm

I love the idea, and if is possible to make (in questions of mechanicals), I think would give us a lot of new possibilities for RP.
"Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides."

Return to “Suggestions”