Suggestions for new Animals

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Fieger

Postby Fieger » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:33 pm

And I ask what about animal spawning system? Does it works properly? Moreover it seems it doesn't work at all...
I have a cunning plan...
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:24 pm

No, it doesn't work, and it won't be working anytime soon. However, there is a thread for that in General Discussion.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Snake_byte

Postby Snake_byte » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:22 pm

Fieger wrote:And I ask what about animal spawning system? Does it works properly? Moreover it seems it doesn't work at all...

http://forum.cantr.org/viewtopic.php?t=18225
:?
My old banner ;)
Fieger

Postby Fieger » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:54 pm

I've found it already...but thanks
I have a cunning plan...
Snake_byte

Postby Snake_byte » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:59 pm

Not so much a suggestion for new animals but an animal topic suggestion nonetheless, with a couple questions:
-Is extinction of an animal (without intervention of staff) possible in Cantr?

Either way, I have a suggestion that could help the animal issue.

-Since character's "spawn", shouldn't the animals too?
I mean to ask - Is it possible to create a program that goes down the list of animals alphabetically and "spawns" one or two in a random location at preset intervals: 5-15 mins between each...

Maybe it already runs like this or something similar...

I'm thinking when variables are set properly (amount of animals/spawn + time between spawns+migration) animals will take over the unpopulated places and cities will have to hunt but can keep them down. It would also make extinction impossible...
My old banner ;)
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:27 pm

Extinction is possible and actually quite a lotof animals are extinct already.

Animals spawn pretty much the in the same way as characters, so (theoretically) animals would spawn in locations with at least two other animals. (Doug, correct me if I'm wrong.)

Spawning animals in random locations wouldn't work since animals are specific to an island, so the mechanism would have to take at least this into account.

What could work though are predefined spawnpoints, that are used when a species goes extinct or its population drops below a certain number.

In any case, the system needs to be repaired first.
Pretty in pink.
Mack

Postby Mack » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:37 pm

Piscator wrote:
What could work though are predefined spawnpoints, that are used when a species goes extinct or its population drops below a certain number.

This could also work if there was a way to have the animals follow a migration path. Each Cantr year they travel to a specific location for -mating purposes- and then spread out. this could pose troubles for some towns where the animals disappear and in other towns where aggresive animals appear in hordes. Could be fun. Also it would make for better hunting as there would be hunting paths to follow then.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:31 pm

Migration would be cool, but it's not on the table.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
YugoStrikesBack

Re: Suggestions for new Animals

Postby YugoStrikesBack » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:29 am

I would like Poodles included in the game. I've always wanted to kill those annoying bastards, but I lack the resources in real life that I have in Cantr.
I did it cuz I hate you.
Illey

Postby Illey » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:18 pm

Does animal spawning system work now? We haven't seen any different animals for many Cantr years in Turkish region.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:58 pm

All of my chars see a decrease in animal counts. I'm not sure if they still group together in certain towns, or whatever the bug was previously.
Illey

Postby Illey » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:13 pm

EchoMan wrote:All of my chars see a decrease in animal counts. I'm not sure if they still group together in certain towns, or whatever the bug was previously.

There is a small island and only animals we've seen so far are ostrich and hippopotamus. We want new species, cute animals! :D
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:20 pm

Illey wrote:
EchoMan wrote:All of my chars see a decrease in animal counts. I'm not sure if they still group together in certain towns, or whatever the bug was previously.

There is a small island and only animals we've seen so far are ostrich and hippopotamus. We want new species, cute animals! :D

Wabbits unite! :D
Cdls

Postby Cdls » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:07 am

How about poodles?

I have always wanted to hit one of those.... :twisted:
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:08 am

YugoStrikesBack wrote:I would like Poodles included in the game. I've always wanted to kill those annoying bastards, but I lack the resources in real life that I have in Cantr.

Coincidence? >.>
Pretty in pink.

Return to “Suggestions”