Marketing department suggestions.

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Rusalka

Re: Marketing department suggestions.

Postby Rusalka » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:32 am

EchoMan wrote:Edit: And I did play the original Fallout a lot. Assuming you are talking about Fallout 3? I've played that only a little. I fail to see any resemlance of that to this discussion though. :)

When I wrote "Almost half of my chars are just exploring the postapocaliptic wasteland..." I meant, my chars in Cantr, not in Fallout :) I was talking Fallout in general (also love much more Falout 1 and 2). I have this expression that Cantr World in some places looks like it was postapocalyptic. All we missing here is radiation :lol:

Anyway, back on topic!

I remember there was an Idea of creating newbies island (completely separate world), which would work as a tutorial for new players. Maybe this is a proper solution? Cheaters wouldn't bother having their multiple account there.
Artur wrote:ja chce miec fabryke i czarnuchow w niej a nie dom z ogrodkiem kurna i nie zycze sobie zeby mnie ktos pouczal o graniu w cantr qrka
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:12 am

That would be an alternative, yes. But require lots of coding I think.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:23 pm

There's some coding already in place, I think. May not be much, but I saw references to Newbie Island in the DB.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Rusalka

Postby Rusalka » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:00 pm

As far as I remember, Jos was working on it. I recall even seeing a map of this island. We need to ask him for details. I guess there was a whole tread about it in RD forum, but I don't have access wnymore.
Artur wrote:ja chce miec fabryke i czarnuchow w niej a nie dom z ogrodkiem kurna i nie zycze sobie zeby mnie ktos pouczal o graniu w cantr qrka
diavel

Postby diavel » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:22 am

:lol: when I came back recently to the Cantrland my first impression was exactly - Fallout wastelands. It's not bad really, being an archaeologist can be as fun as a tribe-establisher. On the other hand though more good mature active players is always more fun. I have two suggestions:

1. I may be shallow but - fix the graphics. There are lots of sites that allow to download free/open source stylesheets, web layouts, graphics, drawings. Some hand-drawn background, "paper" texture for foreground, decent dirt/grass colours. As a theme I'd suggest something related to literature(paper scroll, ink), geography(maps) and/or architecture(construction plans/papers). It's 2010 I doubt any player who plays Cantr uses computer old enough not to handle few graphic files. Besides - graphic files are only downloaded once, then they're loaded from browser cache. It can be really a magnet, if designed properly, that is to appeal to people enjoying creating stories, explorers and "builders".

2. Target more "right-brained" people that like and are able to write stories. Literature geeks, funfic writers, people that play RPG (non-computer) games. People that would chat in-character a lot.
Tincho

Postby Tincho » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:36 am

diavel wrote::lol: when I came back recently to the Cantrland my first impression was exactly - Fallout wastelands. It's not bad really, being an archaeologist can be as fun as a tribe-establisher. On the other hand though more good mature active players is always more fun. I have two suggestions:

1. I may be shallow but - fix the graphics. There are lots of sites that allow to download free/open source stylesheets, web layouts, graphics, drawings. Some hand-drawn background, "paper" texture for foreground, decent dirt/grass colours. As a theme I'd suggest something related to literature(paper scroll, ink), geography(maps) and/or architecture(construction plans/papers). It's 2010 I doubt any player who plays Cantr uses computer old enough not to handle few graphic files. Besides - graphic files are only downloaded once, then they're loaded from browser cache. It can be really a magnet, if designed properly, that is to appeal to people enjoying creating stories, explorers and "builders".

2. Target more "right-brained" people that like and are able to write stories. Literature geeks, funfic writers, people that play RPG (non-computer) games. People that would chat in-character a lot.

I agree.

Return to “Suggestions”