Stealth

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

joo

Postby joo » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:34 pm

lordcooper wrote:4. When was the last time something significantly new was added to Cantr?

Citing the symptoms of the problem, in this case, only serves to compound the problem.
theguy

Postby theguy » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:23 pm

I dont like the idea, I dont have a problem with thevies but it's already easy enough to steal stuff but to steal decent stuff you normaly have to gain somebodys trust to have accsess to a store room, given a vehical to go some where by yourself etc.

This encourages roleplay if people want to steal and get away with it.

I think this idea will make the game more complex than it needs to be with very little benifits apart from that people can get away easier with petty theviary easier which has been discourged before by the thing with not being able to make new characters as fast when your others die.
psychowico

Re: Stealth

Postby psychowico » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:37 am

Bump..
My simple idea for this:

* char can turn on/off stealth mode
    * in stealth mode most of char actions(events on event page) can be visible only for him and eventually victim
    * in any action(that generate event) you have (1%-50%) chance to be discovered and randomly chars in location can see event (with communicate that char trying hiding this)
    * char have new stealth skill that determines this percentage

In this scenario we can, for example:

* give somebody secret message, weapon, wishper to somebody etc. that only you too will now about this
    * slip to open building/ships and checking it without arousing suspicion
    * scare your friends

I believe that this will give our "thieves" chance to give our more roleplay and fun. Not only "grab-and-run" like now in most cases.

Some action like ship undocked, vehicles moving should be excluded.
Attacking should be excluded from this too I think.
"Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."

https://www.kinkykitty.pl

Return to “Suggestions”