Hiding Your Identity

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

chase02

Postby chase02 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:43 am

Totally ignoring the transgendermogrification suggestions (seriously, wut).. I do like the idea of a piece of clothing obscuring your knowledge of who that person is (temporarily).

Would be great fun for many roleplay uses, but then I can also see it would encourage thievery even more (which is probably emphasised too much in cantr as it is, with current mechanics so easily exploitable). So I'm not sure if it is a good idea to implement this. ;)
phoenixannwn

Re: Hiding Your Identity

Postby phoenixannwn » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:04 am

Does this not remind anyone else of the "Cowl of Nocturnal" that the Gray Fox (king of thieves) uses in oblivion?
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Gray_ ... _Nocturnal
It's a good idea though. I have a certain character right now who'd love it.
And not everyone could bar it, because what about people with facial disfigurements? What are we to do about them? :shock:
But how about this: veil, you can't see their char desc (how they describe themselves, as well as their age) but since you can still see their hair/head shape, you can still match name to head if you name them? And if you don't...tough cookies.
But if they wear a headwrap, you can't tell who it is at all. He attacks, you name him 'Evil Dude', he takes off his facewrap/headwrap thing, boom 'man in his twenties'. But if he puts on the head/facewrap again, he's 'Evil Dude'.
Advantages. Disadvantages. I still like it.
70% cute, 30% WTF
Bargon wanchi kox paa, Solo! Hoo hoo hoo hoo
http://witchesandweres.tumblr.com/

Return to “Suggestions”