Put class identifiers in html code

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

madfish

Put class identifiers in html code

Postby madfish » Fri May 13, 2011 9:32 pm

I may be the only one but I would like to use something like stylish to change the look of cantr. The only problem is Cantr's current setup is styled primarily with html and the css can only be directed at major tags like td tags and their children, not particular tables.

All it would need is just a few 'class="whatever"' lines put into the php which outputs the html, so a custom css file could differentiate between tables, i.e. the header table, the navigation table etc. This would be completely unobtrusive to the pages as they are currently.

I would of course share any designs I make with everyone so they could use them.
West is the new North!
EchoMan

Re: Put class identifiers in html code

Postby EchoMan » Sat May 14, 2011 12:07 pm

I agree that Cantr should have ID's on it's element. But it's really low priority and there are other things lined up before we do changes to it I'm afraid. I've made a stylish script discussed in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18625&hilit=stylish (result from searching the site fro "stylish"). It can be found here: http://userstyles.org/styles/25065
madfish

Postby madfish » Sat May 14, 2011 1:08 pm

I was thinking of something a bit more ambitious than just a colour change to be honest. If the php is templated out properly it shouldn't take long to do.
West is the new North!
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Mon May 16, 2011 10:16 am

It isn't. Cantr code is a mess.
madfish

Postby madfish » Tue May 17, 2011 4:53 pm

Ok then fair enough I guess.
West is the new North!

Return to “Suggestions”