Putting things on corpses

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

DudeIRok

Postby DudeIRok » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:14 pm

That would be kool. You could put ceremonial robes on certain people of status in your town. Or if your a theif and find a mosuleum you could your stash. All Elder Scrolls style!
Just because I'm not paying attention doesnt mean you can yell at me.

It means you should talk quieter.
Seriously shut up, I'm playing here.
Marian

Postby Marian » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:39 pm

I saw the link to this in a rejected suggestion, and I'm bumping this anyway.

I know the staff wants culture and diversity, and being able to do more things to dead people would be a HUGE oppurtunity for this.

Look at RL - someone dies and what do you do? Put them in a suit or dress, put them in a coffin, then bury the coffin with a gravemarker. Or way back in the past they would be even more elaborate, dress them in even more expensive clothes, maybe with weapons and armor, and put them in a tomb, or cremate them or whatever.

Right now the only thing you can do in Cantr is make a person 'disappear', or drag there body inside to lay on the floor. If they're wearing a loin cloth when they die then they're going to be buried in a loin cloth. If they're wearing something nicer and somebody steals it, then it's tough luck, they're going to be buried naked.

I think there are lots of things that need to be added, like coffins, a way to burn bodies, a way to dig them up, somekind of gravemarker (landmarks can't be used except in important cases because they clutter up the objects page...but what about a seperate tag for headstones and unmarked graves both?) And probably lots of other things to, but right now if we even had the ability to put clothes on them (and later maybe weapons and armor) that would be huge.
Leming

Postby Leming » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:36 am

Octavio wrote:I agree with the idea of putting things into bodies, both because of the interesting burial rituals it could create but also for the ability of returning to bodies the clothing that someone decided to take from it. It doesn't make much sense that you can take things from a body but you can't put them back.
But I disagree with the idea of digging up for dead people. It's not because of any personal believe, cause I don't value a dead body, but because I think that some things like burial should be definitive.

And I agree with Octavio.

There is a similar discussion on Polish Forums. Any possibilities this suggestion could be accepted?
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:46 am

I think this has been discussed before, but I am not the right man to find it. Mummification and burial rituals are things that have definitely found support in the past. We just need to find someone who can write the code for it. :)
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
phoenixannwn

Re: Putting things on corpses

Postby phoenixannwn » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:59 pm

I for one definitely think we should have both digging up and putting things on the corpses available. Think of the applications--archaelogy, anyone? Agreed, though, that anything you bury with a dead body should deteriorate quickly, unless they're in a casket, maybe? Which, by the way, you can make out of wood, iron, steel... :shock: It'd take alot, though. Maybe 15000grams?
70% cute, 30% WTF
Bargon wanchi kox paa, Solo! Hoo hoo hoo hoo
http://witchesandweres.tumblr.com/
muidoido

Postby muidoido » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:11 pm

And grave robbers!
phoenixannwn

Postby phoenixannwn » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:54 pm

well yeah but that's what guards are for!
70% cute, 30% WTF
Bargon wanchi kox paa, Solo! Hoo hoo hoo hoo
http://witchesandweres.tumblr.com/

Return to “Suggestions”