Ability To Build Multiple Stories

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

phoenixannwn

Ability To Build Multiple Stories

Postby phoenixannwn » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:18 am

I found this somewhere but it was hidden in a thread on tools and it confused me, just an idea/question: What about multiple story buildings? Everything in Cantr seems to be one story and since we're advancing as a raise, of course we go up! Babylon anyone?
Anyway, it cost as much to build a building, but you could only build it on an existing building.
Is it even possible? Is it a good idea?
Am I being stupid and this suggestion is somewhere already very obvious and I should just shut up?
70% cute, 30% WTF
Bargon wanchi kox paa, Solo! Hoo hoo hoo hoo
http://witchesandweres.tumblr.com/
Abe

Re: Ability To Build Multiple Stories

Postby Abe » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:09 am

Well, you can build an extension/room inside a building and name it 1st floor or 2nd floor depending on what English you speak.
phoenixannwn

Postby phoenixannwn » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:26 am

Yes, but on the outside, it's just "a building". Not "a two-story building" or so on. You'd be able to tell that from the outside, no?
70% cute, 30% WTF
Bargon wanchi kox paa, Solo! Hoo hoo hoo hoo
http://witchesandweres.tumblr.com/
SumBum

Postby SumBum » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:08 pm

phoenixannwn wrote:Yes, but on the outside, it's just "a building". Not "a two-story building" or so on. You'd be able to tell that from the outside, no?

Add a description sign of how the house looks from the outside (the blue text). It takes some imagination I guess, but I have entered buildings with a very nice system of rooms that took you through staircases, basements, lobbies/foyers, 2nd and 3rd floors with logically placed rooms off of those. It can work if you plan the advancement of the extensions properly.
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZY!! - James Brown

Return to “Suggestions”