Copy envelopes

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

CrashBlizz

Copy envelopes

Postby CrashBlizz » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:12 pm

Could we get an option to copy an envelope and everything inside it please?

I've just had to emtpy a load, copy all the notes and then put one of each back in the right place - not fun.
Chris

Re: Copy envelopes

Postby Chris » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:01 pm

We should also be able to do all (or most) operations on notes inside envelopes: copy, read, edit, etc. Just imagine if you had to take a file out of its folder on your computer every time you wanted to use it.
Keegan Ingrassia

Postby Keegan Ingrassia » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:17 pm

I dunno about you, but I find it mighty hard to read a note, when its folded up and stuck inside an envelope...
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.

Bis vivit qui bene.
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:34 pm

What's that got to do with the interface? Whether you have a "read note" or a "take note out of envelope, read it and put it back" button doesn't really matter.

Regarding the original suggestion, I wonder if it would make note spamming much easier than it is now.
Pretty in pink.
Rusalka

Postby Rusalka » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:54 pm

Keegan Ingrassia wrote:I dunno about you, but I find it mighty hard to read a note, when its folded up and stuck inside an envelope...

It's char's job to unfold it, not player's.

I support the idea to have all the buttons inside the envelope. Not sure about coping though.
Artur wrote:ja chce miec fabryke i czarnuchow w niej a nie dom z ogrodkiem kurna i nie zycze sobie zeby mnie ktos pouczal o graniu w cantr qrka
DylPickle

Postby DylPickle » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:31 pm

A messenger is delivering a sealed message to someone else. Copies the envelope, and removes the seal from the duplicate.

I guess the copying feature would have to be blocked if an envelope is sealed?
Keegan Ingrassia

Postby Keegan Ingrassia » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:34 pm

Look, if you have all the options to mess with notes while they're inside an envelope, what would the purpose ever be of having loose notes?

Might as well give them files and folders, than notes and envelopes.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.

Bis vivit qui bene.
Rumaan

Postby Rumaan » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:00 am

Quite a few people have suggested books as a better way to organize notes. You can find my idea at the following link:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5648&start=45
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:50 am

If it was possible to copy multiple notes like this at once, there should be a time delay so that it would last just as long as doing it manually, the only difference being that you only needed one click. That should stop note spamming.
Not-so-sad panda
CrashBlizz

Postby CrashBlizz » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:56 pm

SekoETC wrote:If it was possible to copy multiple notes like this at once, there should be a time delay so that it would last just as long as doing it manually, the only difference being that you only needed one click. That should stop note spamming.

It would take someone who knew exactly where all the buttons are and who can concertrate on what they are doing a lot less time thna someone who was the opposite.

Who's counting?

Return to “Suggestions”