C'est mort?

Forum de discussion hors-personnage pour ceux et celles qui jouent en français

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Hemlock

C'est mort?

Postby Hemlock » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:21 pm

Salut, est-ce qu'il reste des joueurs français? Mon compte n'est pas activé, mais quand il le sera, si il l'est un jour, et si j'aime le jeu, j'aimerais faire démarrer l'Histoire du petit coin français ;) Et un peu d'aide venant d'un / une francophone serait bien appréciée.

For the ones who don't speak french, hello, there is no need to use the google translator to answer me... I speak english about as well as I speak french, but if there are no player left at all in the french place, I will see it by myself~
I just thought it would be easier to gather people with the forum and use OOC to meet in game and THEN start the game, so the very few of us could team up early and get something done... Like finding metal for example.......
Vive le Québec, sti!
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:05 pm

Hemlock,

I have a character in the French area as well. Right now, I'm on a crusade to bury dead people, more than anything else. I think my character, if she stops to think about it, will begin to suspect werewolves or vampires in the area.

According to the Cantr stats, there are only about 8 players in the French-speaking areas, and only 2 spawnpoints, so.... we're a pretty small group.

I have some *ideas* for the future of my little village, but since I'm brand new, I don't want to jump the gun yet. Plant dead people first, harvest world domination later. ;)

In any case, do be active in the French regions, get some projects going, try to make stuff and build up an infrastructure. We need it!
--
mortaine.
Hemlock

Postby Hemlock » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:32 pm

Hehe if there are 8 persons, that's great, I thought there were like 0 or 1 person now... So it's already much more than I expected.
I wanted to bury the corpses as well, to begin, and then build things.
But before all...I need to get my account working. :?
I only recieved one email, and I'm still waiting for my second one to come.
Thanks for letting me know it's not a desert, still.
Vive le Québec, sti!
Junesun
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Junesun » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:59 pm

There are more than 8 players in the French region. The 8 players in the statistics mean that 8 people selected French as their main Cantr language (for the OOC screens). There are also players who selected a different language for the OOC screens and still play in French. For example most people who are learning French as a second language.

There are 37 people who play or played in the French region and are still Cantr players. I can't see how many of them still have living French chars however.
Snake_byte

Postby Snake_byte » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:26 am

I have a charrie in the french area as well. They're just kinda walking around looking for a suitable place to live :D
My old banner ;)
Hemlock

Postby Hemlock » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:34 am

Aww darn I've got my account actived, and I don't want to play anymore... :cry:
I knew it was a slow game, I didn't expect much action. But a text based game? I was hoping it was a low-level 3D game or a 2D game... I'm completely lost with text-based games :-/ You will have to bury the corpses without me heheh...
I'm too young to appreciate text-based games.
Have fun in the game~
Vive le Québec, sti!
Esteis

Postby Esteis » Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:36 pm

If you're going to quit, don't forget to delete your account — clicking the large X button should do the trick, or at least be a suitable prelude.
I'm Dutch, am registered as an English player, and have a char in the French area -- I'm not bored yet, though, but we'll see how things progress.
Cheers,

Sietse
viktor

Postby viktor » Sat May 27, 2006 3:59 am

i know this thread is very old but i am way more proficcient in english than in french, i can't even say profficient in french lol
anyways, to use ooc to meet in game, are we allowed slight cr allowances because of the extreem slmall population and savage animals lurking in the area? i myesle have one french char and everyone who was around me was killed by the animals, now yes this emans my char inherits everything that they had but it is almost useless to him in his situation
he has his interests and ideas and is attempting to do it, for example, he unts every violent animal every day just to make the location he is in hopefully habitable in the future, and with the food he has on him can last a few more years, it is at that time trouble starts cuz if he stope gathering healing food to cook up more food he will surely die fast regardless of his shieldS.
Emandir

Postby Emandir » Mon May 29, 2006 10:42 pm

Heureusement que la France n'est pas aussi sauvage que la zone française de Cantr !
It's a luck that France is not as wild as the French zone in Cantr!
:lol:
I wouldn't be here to post this message, I guess...
Why are there so many wild boars there? Does the programmers read Asterix too much ? And why are they so agressive? :shock:
Fortunately, my character has been given some weapons and protections by kind people: without them he would have been killed ten times! :?
It's quite hard to survive in "France": as Viktor said, you have to choose between collecting food and healing or more useful things... If there were more people, it would be easier, but, like you know, we French are not that fertile... :lol:
Anyway, I'll go on: I've heard some interesting things I want to untangle... :wink:
Never take anything seriously! (but feel free to correct...)

notsure

Postby notsure » Tue May 30, 2006 1:31 am

Quant à ton avant- dernière phrase - évidemment tu ne connais pas mon personnage! Ça roule assez bien chez elle!

notsure :?
Last edited by notsure on Tue May 30, 2006 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Junesun
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Junesun » Tue May 30, 2006 8:04 am

viktor wrote:i know this thread is very old but i am way more proficcient in english than in french, i can't even say profficient in french lol
anyways, to use ooc to meet in game, are we allowed slight cr allowances because of the extreem slmall population and savage animals lurking in the area? i myesle have one french char and everyone who was around me was killed by the animals, now yes this emans my char inherits everything that they had but it is almost useless to him in his situation
he has his interests and ideas and is attempting to do it, for example, he unts every violent animal every day just to make the location he is in hopefully habitable in the future, and with the food he has on him can last a few more years, it is at that time trouble starts cuz if he stope gathering healing food to cook up more food he will surely die fast regardless of his shieldS.

No it is not allowed to break the CR. If there is a place too dangerous to survive for your character, let him move to a safer place or let him go acquire better protection. Just in case you didn't know: animals can not reach you when you're inside a building, so that's one sure way of surviving. But forming communities, especially in places with buildings, is better if you want to one day worry about something other than just surviving.
There are communities in the French area and at least two of them are living quite comfortably.
If you're at all interested in languages, check out the language-learning forum and my language-related website !
viktor

Postby viktor » Wed May 31, 2006 1:38 am

i was only asking in reference to what hemlok said at the sart of this topic, wasn;t in reference to my character's situation
no worries. it's do or die and hope for luck
Crosshair

Postby Crosshair » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:33 pm

Si j'ai l'espace pour une autre characteur (ecr?) Je voudrais debuter en la region Francais. Je suis desole pour ma grammaire choquante!
[url=http://dragcave.net/view/tvkg][img]http://dragcave.net/image/tvkg.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://dragcave.net/view/RgKP][img]http://dragcave.net/image/RgKP.gif[/img][/url]
Antono Flavio

Postby Antono Flavio » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:02 am

J'ai seulement un caractère français, et quand même je dois le neglecter, parce que je suis forcé de travailler beaucoup pour l'université, mais le semestre aura fini bientôt - seulement trois semaines. :D
Image Image Image Image Image
notsure

Postby notsure » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:08 am

En fait, ça boume dans le pays francophone, en tant que nouveaux personnages récemment, mais le forum n'est pas exactement sautant en ce moment. Etes-vous partant(e)s pour quelque chose plus comme les forums anglais, ou est-ce que notre forum dormant vous convient?

Idées, commentaires, chocolats, svp, à notsure. :lol:

Return to “Joueurs Français (French)”