Thought or Rant of the day!!!

General chitchat, advertisements for other services, and other non-Cantr-related topics

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Wolfsong

Re: Thought or Rant of the day!!!

Postby Wolfsong » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:49 am

I've got a 3 1/2 year old, and I'm currently 32 weeks pregnant with our second. In absolute seriousness, if you have any pregnant anxieties, feel free to talk to me about them. I comfortably feel like I've been there done that now, and I'm a pretty anxious person in general, so hopefully I could at least put you a bit more at ease with the whole thing.
PaintedbyRoses

Postby PaintedbyRoses » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:20 am

Aurora wrote:It's been a long time since I posted, and today seems like the day to offer some thoughts out into the world so they stop buzzing in my head.

It has been a really stressful year so far but it seems like it's just getting more and more stressful. I am currently 6 months pregnant with our first baby and doing my best to keep it safe. My husband has been so helpful and his family have been a godsend but some work prospects for him have me extremely stressed, and that in turn stresses me out because I am scared of hurting our baby with the anxiety. And there's very few people I -can- talk to about this because I don't want to be a burden to anyone and at the same time I am scared that my feelings might be dismissed, as it has happened with my family in the past. My husband has so much in his mind already and I know he also worries about me but I don't want to worry him more. So I'm writing this in here in hopes that it will bring me a bit of relief. God knows I'm trying my best to relax and have that 'whatever happens, happens' mentality, but I'm struggling with the stress and anxiety.

I can only offer what I find to be an effective stress reliever for me. It's that old one of imagining a safe, serene, peaceful place.
For me it is the night sky. When I was on vacation and staying in a small town on the island of Kauai in Hawaii, I would wake up almost every night in the middle of the night and go out on the 2nd story deck and lay down in a lounge chair and look at the night sky. There were almost no lights on in the town and the sky was immense with billions of stars. For some reason, remembering that night sky is very calming for me.
I hope you have a serene place or memory where you can go when you need to. Blessings on you, your husband and soon to be newborn.
Aurora

Postby Aurora » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:52 pm

PaintedbyRoses wrote:I can only offer what I find to be an effective stress reliever for me. It's that old one of imagining a safe, serene, peaceful place.
For me it is the night sky. When I was on vacation and staying in a small town on the island of Kauai in Hawaii, I would wake up almost every night in the middle of the night and go out on the 2nd story deck and lay down in a lounge chair and look at the night sky. There were almost no lights on in the town and the sky was immense with billions of stars. For some reason, remembering that night sky is very calming for me.
I hope you have a serene place or memory where you can go when you need to. Blessings on you, your husband and soon to be newborn.

I appreciate your message. I actually enjoy the night sky very much as well. I have also tried watching The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross, and writing lists and all other things to try to shush the buzzing of the stress in my head.

Thank you for your blessings, and I send mine back to you and yours. :)
Into the darkness you shine
Out of the ashes we rise
There's no one like you
None like you!
Aurora

Postby Aurora » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:01 am

Since I kinda killed the thread, maybe it would be good to try to revive it with a positive note.

My thought today is how blessed my family have been under the circumstances. More fortunate than some, and we have our health, food on the table and a support system we can count on. A few years ago I could not count myself so lucky. So yes, pandemic and all, we are fortunate and God will provide.

Also I love that my son likes Mexican food :P
Into the darkness you shine
Out of the ashes we rise
There's no one like you
None like you!
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:50 pm

Okay, you posted nice so I will post a rant.. I hate my internet. 90% of the time it doesn't work, it doesn't work on my computer hardly at all, the lag is incredibly bad sooooo.... I have to play using phone and phone service.. which is also incredibly horrible. I have fat finger syndrome with my phone and spend more time erasing than typing.. I get into a building and get stuck, get in the middle of a conversation and get stuck, things sent 3 times and I don't realize it.. There, I feel better.

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
Alladinsane

Postby Alladinsane » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:31 am

Tomorrow being Veterans day. I feel compelled to undertake my yearly ritual of thanking all people associated with service for their countries.

August was the year anniversary of losing my father who gave his sweat and blood to the conflict in SE Asia. He was Special forces/green beret, though he really didn't advance far up the ranks due to liking certain carnal things. He said that in the service you were not fighting for your country as much as for the Brother beside you... That would work better (Imo) in today's divided nation. He fought under 2 presidents one of each party. Thanks for the lessons dad and you "better to be right than fight" mentality.
A famous wise man once said absolutely nothing!
zymurge

Postby zymurge » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:31 am

Sunni Daez wrote:Okay, you posted nice so I will post a rant.. I hate my internet. 90% of the time it doesn't work, it doesn't work on my computer hardly at all, the lag is incredibly bad sooooo.... I have to play using phone and phone service.. which is also incredibly horrible. I have fat finger syndrome with my phone and spend more time erasing than typing.. I get into a building and get stuck, get in the middle of a conversation and get stuck, things sent 3 times and I don't realize it.. There, I feel better.

My internet sucks too, and I pay for a lot of bandwidth! These days, so many people are working from home, kids home studying, gaming, streaming, I think that my area's overall network gets overwhelmed.

That said, maybe I can help you a bit. If you're using your phone and your cell data anyway, but hate the phone interface, then you should consider setting up a hotspot with your phone. Then have your computer connect to it, and voila! you have a full computer interface and keyboard using your cell data plan. It's not always the best, but it works in a pinch.
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:39 pm

zymurge wrote:
Sunni Daez wrote:Okay, you posted nice so I will post a rant.. I hate my internet. 90% of the time it doesn't work, it doesn't work on my computer hardly at all, the lag is incredibly bad sooooo.... I have to play using phone and phone service.. which is also incredibly horrible. I have fat finger syndrome with my phone and spend more time erasing than typing.. I get into a building and get stuck, get in the middle of a conversation and get stuck, things sent 3 times and I don't realize it.. There, I feel better.

My internet sucks too, and I pay for a lot of bandwidth! These days, so many people are working from home, kids home studying, gaming, streaming, I think that my area's overall network gets overwhelmed.

That said, maybe I can help you a bit. If you're using your phone and your cell data anyway, but hate the phone interface, then you should consider setting up a hotspot with your phone. Then have your computer connect to it, and voila! you have a full computer interface and keyboard using your cell data plan. It's not always the best, but it works in a pinch.

I tried the hot spot, but with such horrible cell phone service, that didn't work either.. Good new is.. I now have a 56 foot tower in my yard and the service is amazing. I do live in the middle of the woods, so we had to get the reciever above the treetops. I still have bad cell service but set it up to do wireless calling while I am home.. all is right in my internet world now!

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Sat May 08, 2021 1:42 pm

When RL issues cause you to lose inspiration, What do you do? I don't mean just the game, I mean other aspects of life. Photography, art, socializing, cleaning, conversations.....

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:23 am

Sunni Daez wrote:Photography, art, socializing, cleaning, conversations.

I use washing dishes and walking/running for deep thought.

For thought of the day, today my second daughter was born. :)
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
Black Canyon

Postby Black Canyon » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:06 am

Joshuamonkey wrote:
Sunni Daez wrote:Photography, art, socializing, cleaning, conversations.

I use washing dishes and walking/running for deep thought.

For thought of the day, today my second daughter was born. :)

Congratulations! :)
“Now and then we had the hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.”

― Mark Twain
Addicted

Postby Addicted » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:26 pm

Amazing Joshuamonkey! Welcome to your daughter, blessings and joy to your family.
Reveal to me the mysteries
Can you tell me what it means?
Explain these motions and metaphors
Unlock these secrets in me
Describe the vision, the meaning is missing
Won't anybody listen?
Alladinsane

Postby Alladinsane » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:14 am

congratulations Joshua say goodbye to sleep for a few months, but you have been through this and know when to rest when you can.
A famous wise man once said absolutely nothing!
Genie
LO - Turkish/RD - Tailor

Postby Genie » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:06 am

Congratulations, Joshua. Wishing the best for all the family.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Edgar Allan Poe
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:00 pm

Thanks!
Alladinsane wrote:you have been through this and know when to rest when you can

Well, at least I know how to multi-task. :wink: Just hard to multi-task while sleeping.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.

Return to “Non-Cantr-Related Discussion”