CANTRII SPAMMMMMM????lol

General chitchat, advertisements for other services, and other non-Cantr-related topics

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Missy

CANTRII SPAMMMMMM????lol

Postby Missy » Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:43 am

Okay...this is an odd question and I'm assuming I already know the answer.

But I should note that someone is using the cantrii name for their spamming purposes. And I'm guessing they've gotten my name from the game/yahoo boards/ or these boards...?

I don't quite know whyyyyy anyone would do it. But the subject line read
CANTRII hey stef have you ever filmed yourself doing it?

LOL Is there any way to prevent this from happening? I really don't like getting spam none.
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:28 am

No, I don't really know how to avoid this. I wish I did. If it comes through this forum, a trick might be to make your email address invisible, if it is not already. If it is through the yahoogroups, a trick might be to unsubscribe there. Either way, the fact that the email is already in the hands of spammers cannot be changed anymore.

(Oh, it must be the yahoogroup, as otherwise they wouldn't use 'cantrii', I think.)
thingnumber2

Postby thingnumber2 » Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:37 pm

same thing happened to me
Cosmo Harrigan
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Cosmo Harrigan » Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:39 pm

That is one of the main reasons why this group was created. Here, we are able to control the content and remove posts which are inappropriate or unrelated to the game. On the old Yahoo group, Kris was the owner, and has not been active recently. I would suggest removing the option which sends you e-mail digests, and checking it occasionally, since it has almost completely died since this forum was adopted.

Return to “Non-Cantr-Related Discussion”