Exams

General chitchat, advertisements for other services, and other non-Cantr-related topics

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Re: Exams

Postby Snickie » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:13 am

Doug R. wrote:
Torkess_theCommie wrote:....

Holy crap, it's Tork!

Tork was on IRC last night, too. ;)
Snickie

Postby Snickie » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:55 pm

Bump.

I took the PSAT/NMSQT (Preliminary Scholatic Achievement Test / National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test) today. I didn't even know it was today until my teacher was like, "[Snickie], you need to go to the auditorium for PSAT testing," and I was like, "Okay." I thought I did okay, though. The math was easy-peasy (the hardest one had to do with the surface area of a cylinder and figuring out the volume from that), and so was the writing skills section. The reading was okay...I hate it when there are words I don't know and I can't use a dictionary. xD But I think I did well.
dingo13and7

Postby dingo13and7 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:11 pm

Ick...I remember the PSATs. Not remotely difficult, but one big time-waste.

As to the rest of the thread, I'm in my mid-twenties, and have successfully avoided major exams for the last two years (since graduation). Unfortunately, the field I'm looking at jumping in to for my Master's and Doctoral degrees (Psychology) is basically a minefield of tests, studies, and massive thesis papers.

Why do I do these things to myself? :(
"Shadow heard himself laugh, over the sound of the music. He was happy...He was going around and around and around again...
Then the lights went out, and Shadow saw the gods."
-Neil Gaiman, "American Gods"
gejyspa

Postby gejyspa » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:49 pm

Lemme know how that goes, Dingo. My son (currently a freshman at UMBC) wants to be a psychologist.
dingo13and7

Postby dingo13and7 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:11 pm

Good for him. What field is he aiming for, or is he going for General Psych? :D Either way, cool!
"Shadow heard himself laugh, over the sound of the music. He was happy...He was going around and around and around again...
gejyspa

Postby gejyspa » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:14 pm

Couldn't tell you. To tell you the truth, I think he wants to learn psychology so he can become dictator.... :roll:
dingo13and7

Postby dingo13and7 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:25 pm

gejyspa wrote:Couldn't tell you. To tell you the truth, I think he wants to learn psychology so he can become dictator.... :roll:

Yes! I support this fully!
Snickie

Postby Snickie » Wed May 09, 2012 4:54 pm

AP Calculus BC.
Henkie

Postby Henkie » Wed May 09, 2012 4:57 pm

I have exams this year... Bye bye highschool.
Snickie

Postby Snickie » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:46 am

On AP Calc BC.
Thank you!!!!! <3
Bowser

Postby Bowser » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:47 am

Snickie wrote:5.
On AP Calc BC.
Thank you!!!!! <3

You Rock!
Homer wrote: "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel. "
NostalgicMelody7

Postby NostalgicMelody7 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:38 pm

Snickie wrote:I took the PSAT/NMSQT (Preliminary Scholatic Achievement Test / National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test) today. I didn't even know it was today until my teacher was like, "[Snickie], you need to go to the auditorium for PSAT testing," and I was like, "Okay." I thought I did okay, though. The math was easy-peasy (the hardest one had to do with the surface area of a cylinder and figuring out the volume from that), and so was the writing skills section. The reading was okay...I hate it when there are words I don't know and I can't use a dictionary. xD But I think I did well.

Hey, I did the PSAT's last year :D When my scores came back, I got between 90-95% above the overall population's scores in each category :D Too bad there's this nagging in the back of my mind saying some people are smarter than me D:< THIS NO IS POSSIBLE.
Juskiddin. I'm not /thaaaat/ bigheaded. I'm just an obnoxious, overconfident trumpet player.

Return to “Non-Cantr-Related Discussion”