Does Julian Assange play Cantr?

General chitchat, advertisements for other services, and other non-Cantr-related topics

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

berserk9779

Does Julian Assange play Cantr?

Postby berserk9779 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:21 pm

The same day the wikileaks site has been under a DDoS attack at the same time of Cantr.
A coincidence, or do you think Julian Assange plays Cantr
:D
Fodas os acentos
Doug R.

Re: Does Julian Assange play Cantr?

Postby Doug R. » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:34 pm

If Cantr's server was used to DOS wikileaks, then I'd consider the loss of playtime as a charitable donation.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Andu

Postby Andu » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:37 pm

Doug R. wrote:If Cantr's server was used to DOS wikileaks, then I'd consider the loss of playtime as a charitable donation.

Why is that?
"An those with little fuel, could tie a pack of bears in front of their limousine, with whip and crossbow in hands to keep them in line."
DylPickle

Postby DylPickle » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:38 pm

Probably because wikileaks misses the point.
*ono

Postby *ono » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:40 pm

Did the hacker implented something to make cantr do a DoS attack or did something else happend?
Cdls

Postby Cdls » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:28 pm

Doug R. wrote:If Cantr's server was used to DOS wikileaks, then I'd consider the loss of playtime as a charitable donation.

Agreed.

Although I do support the idealism of exposing government/corporate secrets when those secrets are used to gain at the expense of those who put their trust in them, it should not be done in the method that Wikileaks has undertaken.
berserk9779

Postby berserk9779 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:55 pm

I am very surprised by your reactions guys.

I thought that you US citizens would have been much more interested of all the lying and killing that is done in your name by your representatives.

Apparently the next release is a big US bank. Many of you may have an account there. Wouldn't you be interested to know what a bunch of scumbags you are giving your money to? Wouldn't you want to know what evil deeds are committed with your hard earned cash?

Go figure
Fodas os acentos
DylPickle

Postby DylPickle » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:05 pm

It's extremely foolish and naive to think that the genre of things documented in these leaks are exclusive to the States. Sure, we're presently in a world dominated by a hegemonic power and they'll get most of the spotlight, but don't think the puck stops there.
berserk9779

Postby berserk9779 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:17 pm

I don't think that is the point.

as J Assange put it in an interview last week: "people tells us they would like to see some Taliban leaks. Please convince some Taliban dissidents to leak as many documents as possible."

Most leaks are about the US, because US citizens are sending in a massive amount of documents to be leaked.
Fodas os acentos
Cdls

Postby Cdls » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:43 pm

berserk9779 wrote:I thought that you US citizens would have been much more interested of all the lying and killing that is done in your name by your representatives.

Of course it is of interest, obviously you failed to see my post above:
Cdls wrote:Although I do support the idealism of exposing government/corporate secrets when those secrets are used to gain at the expense of those who put their trust in them, it should not be done in the method that Wikileaks has undertaken.

berserk9779 wrote:Apparently the next release is a big US bank. Many of you may have an account there. Wouldn't you be interested to know what a bunch of scumbags you are giving your money to? Wouldn't you want to know what evil deeds are committed with your hard earned cash?

Well, let us expand that to gas/oil companies, corporations, and retailers. I am assuming that some of your hard earned cash goes to some or all of those? Do you think they are any "cleaner" than the banks?

berserk9779 wrote:Go figure

My sentiments exactly.

DylPickle wrote:It's extremely foolish and naive to think that the genre of things documented in these leaks are exclusive to the States. Sure, we're presently in a world dominated by a hegemonic power and they'll get most of the spotlight, but don't think the puck stops there.

Yeah, the thing people also need to realize is that the US are certainly NOT the only ones to use double faced diplomatic relations.
berserk9779

Postby berserk9779 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:51 pm

Cdls wrote:Yeah, the thing people also need to realize is that the US are certainly NOT the only ones to use double faced diplomatic relations.

In the Cablegate those diplomats were apparently triple-faced. On top of the double-faced diplomacy, some of them leaked all that, showing a third face to Wikileaks.

Still, no one has answered my question, do you think Assange plays Cantr?
Fodas os acentos
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:56 pm

I couldn't give a crap about corporate leaks, but when leaks put lives at risk, like Wikileaks has done, that's inexcusable. Honestly, the US soldier charged with leaking all this stuff should be charged with treason, not mishandling classified information.
do you think Assange plays Cantr?

This is a serious question? The man moves from one undisclosed location to another out of fear for his life (and of the authorities who want to arrest him for the women he's raped).
Cdls

Postby Cdls » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:58 pm

berserk9779 wrote:Still, no one has answered my question, do you think Assange plays Cantr?

CNN wrote:CNN Report:

Wikileaks has just uncovered documents detailing prisoner abuse at the hands of the Blackrocks. The Blackrocks have responded to such accusations with the following message: "We do not take prisoners" and promptly massaced the nearby town of XXX to prove their point.

8) 8)
berserk9779

Postby berserk9779 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:06 pm

Doug, the thread meant to be funny, not a wikileaks debate.

(Do you really think that a guy that is smart enough evade the authorities of half the globe for years, would be as stupid as committing 2 rapes in rapid succession and get identified on both occasions?)

Thanks CDLS, now we are back on topic.

I think he used to play, but he's been kicked ages ago for CRB....
:D:D
Fodas os acentos
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:15 pm

berserk9779 wrote:Doug, the thread meant to be funny, not a wikileaks debate.

You started it. :p

Return to “Non-Cantr-Related Discussion”