NBC Cancels Heroes, ABC Cancels Flash Forward

General chitchat, advertisements for other services, and other non-Cantr-related topics

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

randognsac

NBC Cancels Heroes, ABC Cancels Flash Forward

Postby randognsac » Sat May 15, 2010 8:04 am

I am upset mostly from the canceling of Heroes. They are cutting it, without ending the storyline. :evil: Spending all that time enjoying the show and now I am left hanging! I am pissed! I know Heroes isn't as good as it used to be, and figured it wasn't gonna last much longer. But finish it! Damn it! I am sure there will be a big protest, I haven't ever plead to keep a show on, but I might now.

I have enjoyed both shows. Flash Forward was gonna take Lost's place when this season ended. The whole plot and premise has much potential and I am sad to see it end so soon. Could've at least kept it on for two more seasons! Flash Forward had endless possibilities.

Thank god Fringe and V are returning. Fringe is like x files reincarnated, and V, well we know how that ends. So I guess I will have to go to cable tv for original plots. Breaking Bad, Justified, Men of a Certain Age and Leverage are personal faves.

Rant Over
returner

Re: NBC Cancels Heroes, ABC Cancels Flash Forward

Postby returner » Sat May 15, 2010 2:04 pm

This is why I hate shows like Heroes.. they are made purely for the views, and not for the storyline or for the idea. Heroes would otherwise do really well in a mini-series or something.. I haven't watched it (well, a couple of episodes here and there) but it seems everything follows the same format. By the end of the episode, there will always be a cliff-hanger, which I find outright pathetic.. Why can't they just tell a story, and not make every episode lead up to a cliff-hanger? Essentially it's like cigarettes.. you only smoke to get rid of the craving, and to create a craving for the next cigarette. (at least, this is what I try telling myself every time I smoke..)
This account is no longer active - please send any PMs to my new one.
SumBum

Postby SumBum » Sat May 15, 2010 3:18 pm

I really don't understand how shows are chosen to stay or go, aside from the obvious views rating. But even the viewers don't seem to have an impact anymore. I've seen so many widely popular (quality) shows cut lately while stupid crap no one wants to watch is kept on air. It's gotten to the point that as soon as I get hooked on a show that I think is well made, I expect it to get the axe.
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZY!! - James Brown
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Sat May 15, 2010 10:09 pm

I didn't watch Heros this season because it was very weak compared to my other shows (I wasn't digging where the plot was going). I do have 15 episodes on my DVR though. If it got the can, I probably won't waste time watching it now...

V got so many bad reviews by my friends, I didn't bother watching it. "I really want to like this show" was the comment most often used. Instead, I went and watched the originals that syfi put on the opening week.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
returner

Postby returner » Sun May 16, 2010 5:52 pm

It sure is a mystery. I've never watched it but my friend said Star Trek was axed several times throughout it's life. (Or maybe it was Doctor Who, or both.. I have no idea)
This account is no longer active - please send any PMs to my new one.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Sun May 16, 2010 10:53 pm

Star Trek TOS aired 3 (4?) seasons and was axed.
Star Trek TNG aired the planned 7 seasons.
Star Trek DS9 aired the planned 7 seasons.
Star Trek Voyager aired the planned 7 seasons.
Star Trek Enterprise aired 4 (?) seasons and was axed.

No I'm not a Trekker, but I love Sci-Fi. :)
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Mon May 17, 2010 12:17 am

I'm really looking forward to the return of Futurama.
Pretty in pink.
randognsac

Postby randognsac » Mon May 17, 2010 3:32 am

My brother said it best. Those shows (Heroes and Flash Forward) aren't Murder/Mysteries or a doctor show. Those shows get the extensions, not anything remotely original does. It drives me nuts.

I enjoy NCIS and House in those genres mostly for the writing and chemistry of the cast, not the plots or story lines. All M/M and Doc shows are so predictable and boring it makes me wonder why the hell is everyone still watching them. How many times will they rehash the same crap but with some sort of gimmick? Every year new ones come out!

I like the cigarette/cliffhanger shows. Sometimes it gets annoying, but the story is long running and not instant. Twists and turns excite me. Oh well it's just like politics I have no say.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Mon May 17, 2010 2:10 pm

I honestly think Heros suffered from a bad story line this season, so don't put all the blame on the network. If people were watching it, they wouldn't have canceled it. There's a big difference between a network not giving a good show a chance (which they almost never do *cough* Firefly *cough*) and axing an established show whose ratings have fallen. We can wait for the Heros movie.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
SumBum

Postby SumBum » Mon May 17, 2010 5:20 pm

I've never watched Heroes, but I could name several other shows that got pulled with strong ratings. For some reason, networks think that once a series is well established then moving it to a different time slot won't hurt it - wrong. They've killed great shows that way, too.

Plenty of shows go through seasonal slumps and then bounce back but the networks rarely give them a chance anymore.
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZY!! - James Brown

Return to “Non-Cantr-Related Discussion”