Collections

General chitchat, advertisements for other services, and other non-Cantr-related topics

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Alladinsane

Re: Collections

Postby Alladinsane » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:43 am

Kitchen utensils...though most of them get used a few times before coming as decorations to our mini cabinet section in the garage. Old war games, some music though that has gotten stale for me.

Memories...lots of those, but I seem to have lost a few of them lately. Darn.
A famous wise man once said absolutely nothing!
dingo13and7

Postby dingo13and7 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:21 pm

Alladinsane wrote:Memories...lots of those, but I seem to have lost a few of them lately. Darn.

Yeah, I know what you mean all too well. The one invention I would willing pay tons of money for would be a sort of built-in hard drive for the brain, so I could store all of the memories I have of everything I've done and seen. It's sad how much we forget throughout our lives.
"Shadow heard himself laugh, over the sound of the music. He was happy...He was going around and around and around again...
Then the lights went out, and Shadow saw the gods."
-Neil Gaiman, "American Gods"
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:20 am

For awhile, I used to collect all of the bottle caps from the water bottles I would buy and drink during marching band rehearsals. I used to draw stinky cheese on them with Sharpie to label them as mine. Anyway, I decided it was weird and I threw them all away.

I collect coins, but I'm not going to spend a whole bunch of money to buy some super rare coin that served as a five-cent piece in 1798 or whatever. If I happen to find a coin I like, I keep it.

I collect Snick's fur whenever I brush her. This collection sits in my trash can for up to a week until cleaning day comes and I dump it. lol I've thought about using it to stuff dolls if I could ever be bothered to sew one, but that would be kind of weird, plus it'd probably trigger my allergies since it's full of dander.
Henkie

Postby Henkie » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:35 am

I collect kisses! :D
Estaar

Postby Estaar » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:30 am

Henkie wrote:I collect kisses! :D

Only specific ones or just any old kiss?
Stranger in a strange land.
guilletierno

Postby guilletierno » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:26 am

ID cards, from every job that i have...
El vino viene cantando desde la tierra,
baja del cerro hecho agua,
y en una raíz se queda,
y sube por una camino que se llama enredadera,
parra, parrón, vid, mil hojas, verde sombra o como quieras.
Estaar

Postby Estaar » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:59 am

Interesting people and good conversations.
Stranger in a strange land.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:20 am

- Music CD's in the hard rock/heavy metal genre. I have about 3500 of them.

- Ornamental crocodiles (kaymans/alligators/etc). Do you have any idea how hard they are to find? :) (At least around here in Sweden where they are exotic, probably easier to find where crocodiles create tourism). I haven't worked seriously on this for a long time, and I don't have many. But they include a metallic cigarette lighter (looks like bronze) where the fire comes out of the croc's mouth. A very nice looking wooden crocodile table toothpick holder. A key ring. A noisy squeeze toy. A real stuffed baby crocodile (illegal to possess I hear). Various toy/rubber crocs.

- Different poker chips.
dingo13and7

Postby dingo13and7 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:32 pm

EchoMan wrote:- Music CD's in the hard rock/heavy metal genre. I have about 3500 of them.

- Ornamental crocodiles (kaymans/alligators/etc). Do you have any idea how hard they are to find? :) (At least around here in Sweden where they are exotic, probably easier to find where crocodiles create tourism). I haven't worked seriously on this for a long time, and I don't have many. But they include a metallic cigarette lighter (looks like bronze) where the fire comes out of the croc's mouth. A very nice looking wooden crocodile table toothpick holder. A key ring. A noisy squeeze toy. A real stuffed baby crocodile (illegal to possess I hear). Various toy/rubber crocs.

- Different poker chips.

That's certainly an impressive collection, EchoMan :D If you don't mind me asking, why crocodiles?
"Shadow heard himself laugh, over the sound of the music. He was happy...He was going around and around and around again...
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:00 pm

Estaar wrote:Interesting people and good conversations.

This sounds like my character.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:13 am

dingo13and7 wrote:If you don't mind me asking, why crocodiles?

It started out as a joke a long time ago, when I had a habit of dropping lightning fast, snappy punchlines whenever anyone said anything. :) I still do this but more rarely as some people find it annoying. (Some people huh...? ;) ). Anyway, one particular friend thought I reminded her of a crocodile, and she gave me a porcelain one for my birthday, as a joke. I found it very funny, so every time I saw an ornamental or toy crocodile I bought it, and put it on the shelf with that first one.
dingo13and7

Postby dingo13and7 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:26 pm

EchoMan wrote:It started out as a joke a long time ago, when I had a habit of dropping lightning fast, snappy punchlines whenever anyone said anything. :) I still do this but more rarely as some people find it annoying. (Some people huh...? ;) ). Anyway, one particular friend thought I reminded her of a crocodile, and she gave me a porcelain one for my birthday, as a joke. I found it very funny, so every time I saw an ornamental or toy crocodile I bought it, and put it on the shelf with that first one.

That's awesome, mate! :D
Rugila

Postby Rugila » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:19 am

I collect books about science (about the chemistry and biology)
Bmot
Game Mechanics Chair / HR/PD Member

Postby Bmot » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:32 pm

I begin to believe I've got an addiction for multitools/swiss army knives/pocket knives. Don't have that many yet, but then again, I don't have the addiction for too long, too :P

Ah well, guess everyone has to be addicted to something, right?
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
Voltenion

Postby Voltenion » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:33 am

I'm addicted to Cantr, for example.
"Delete Fu Island" activist.

Return to “Non-Cantr-Related Discussion”