Non-Cantr related dreams

General chitchat, advertisements for other services, and other non-Cantr-related topics

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

gejyspa

Re: Crazy Dreams

Postby gejyspa » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:26 am

This should be merged into viewtopic.php?f=14&t=20099
EchoMan

Re: Non-Cantr related dreams

Postby EchoMan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:52 am

Topics merged.
Doug R.

Re: Crazy Dreams

Postby Doug R. » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:41 pm

Wolfsong wrote:(Note: The civilian conscripts had vanished from the dream by this point, and never showed up again.)

Can you blame them? :lol:
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Cheshierekat

Postby Cheshierekat » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:10 pm

I had a dream last night that an old friend of mine came to our house asking if I would go on a date. I said no, so he tried to bribe my children with scooters. I woke up just as I was agreeing to go on the date....my husband was waking me up saying he had a bad dream that I was cheating on him! How weird!
When people tell me that great minds think alike, all I can do is look at them and think "oh you dirty, dirty bastard"
Rebma

Postby Rebma » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:57 pm

^ I was fighting with my boyfriend and we weren't talking. I woke up in the morning to check my phone because I could have sworn in the night I called him, despite not wanting to talk, ( i sometimes have sleepy phone convos i dont quite remember) and there were no calls out or in on the phone. About a half hour later I saw his facebook status change to one about how he had a dream telephone convo.
kronos wrote:like a nice trim is totally fine. short, neat. I don't want to be fighting through the forests of fangorn and expecting treebeard to come and show me the way in
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:04 pm

So, in this dream, it started with me trying to come up with ideas with what to do for our saxophone quartet, and we were supposed to perform that Saturday. And then suddenly the tenor sax player disappeared. I get upset, and I'm trying desperately hard to find a replacement for him, but nobody's taking it. Meanwhile there was this person who looked a lot like Mrs. Doubtfire, who faked her own death.

Later on, I realise I'm actively being stalked, though not by some random dude watching me from the bushes with a spyglass. Nope, not at all. It was more like cameras, and metal things which would pop out of the ground and put tracking devices on my body. Well, there was no way I was going to tell my mom, so I would hide everything by wearing more clothes.

Scene changes like it does in movies, and I can see Mrs. Doubtfire talking to a man whom I recognised from somewhere else but in the dream was called Williamson. The scene is in front of a building, black and maroon-red colored, and they're sitting at a table like they have at outdoor cafés. I could tell they were talking specifically about me even though my name was never specifically mentioned. Cue creepy music like an evil plan is about to come to action.

Scene changes again. I'm walking down a road that looks not unlike the road from Forrest Gump where he was always being chased and Jenny yelling, "Run, Forrest, run!" Anyway, I'm by myself, and suddenly this metal arm comes from the ground, and plants a sticker on my back. When it goes away and I turn around to look at it (using that awesome Dream Vision that I wish we had in real life), it's a plane ticket to Hong Kong. I sighed, defeated, knowing that there was nothing I could do not but obey. So, I go to my mom and tell her we have to go to Hong Kong. She's like, ".....Why do you need to go to Hong Kong?" Well, I wasn't about to tell her I was being stalked, so I tossed some reason over my shoulder.

Fast forward to the airport. I'm going to the metal detector, which beeps, and so I am forced to remove everything from my body other than regular clothing. And for some reason, I had a LOT of stuff that day. That part was rather amusing.

Fast forward to arriving in Hong Kong. We're roaming the streets, and I'm wondering why everything in the U.S. was made in China. Anyway, I find the building that's the one I saw earlier in the dream, only it's bigger now, and I can see doors and stuff on the outside. There are several people standing outside, talking, including Williamson, my friend Courtney, and a few other people. I asked Courtney was this whole thing was all about, seeing as she seemed to have gone through a similar ordeal as I did, and she explained to me that there was a movie that I was to watch. I asked if I really had to, to which she responded, "As perverted and disgusting as it is, yes." So I allow Williamson to lead me inside, through very extravagant-looking hallways, until we are standing outside what looks like a small indoor arena, about the size of an ice-skating rink. The door opens and the arena is filled with disco dancers, with a small audience sitting in the upper portion, looking down on them. We walk through until we reach a double-door at the end, where Williamson stops, hands me a pencil and another ticket, and sends me inside with a few other people whom I don't know. It's a theater of sorts, but a very weird one. There were only three rows of audience chairs, with small desks attached to the arms, and they were very close to the ceiling, and about seven feet in front of the front row was a railing, which on the other side was....probably two stories down, and across it the top of a very large movie screen. I take my seat where my ticket says, 29C, which is in the second row. On the desk there is a paper with references to the Greek gods, which I found odd because, for some reason, by that point I was expecting the movie to be something like "The Human Body" or some other crap you get in those classes in middle school. I sat there and waited for the movie to start, and then I woke up.
Indigo

Postby Indigo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:53 am

Okay, so... I keep having these dreams in which a guy, an old friend of mine, who I hadn't think about for years, keeps appearing. Our friendship got broken in a warp of misunderstandings about six years ago, in which I made an attempt of reconciliation and failed (by my fault). The question is: is my subconcious sending me signals to try again? Aren't these dreams going to stop until I actually do it? The one I had last night was quite disturbing, and I don't want my actual only safe place (my sleep) to get spoiled by nightmares again (last time my nightmares appeared, it lasted for two whole years, in which each damn night I woke up shuddering in the best of cases, and screaming like hell in the worst). In the other hand, I don't think I'm ready to bear another rejection if I tried and failed again.

Thanks, lovely mind of mine, for keeping ******** my already ***** life. :roll:
Someone wrote:Being dark is an intelligent interpretation of the fabricated world, made up from our heads, there to tempt and play with us
gejyspa

Postby gejyspa » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:50 pm

Your subconscious isn't always right, Indigo, but it's tough to tell it to shut up. But if you don't think you are ready, then don't do it. Or make yourself ready, and do it. You can only be hurt by the rejection of your attempt to mend the friendship if you allow yourself to be.
CN

Postby CN » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:55 am

I randomly had a dream about college football.... whattheeff... rofl.

I have to say, that's a first.
I don't remember anything of it, only that it involved Tech and UT in some sort of finals.

Though, I prefer the random dreams about football than the other option involving an individual.
gejyspa

Postby gejyspa » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:47 am

Okay, I had the following last night. This might have been one dream or two, I'm not sure.:

1) I'm with a crowd of people. We are at an open house at RCA Astro Electronics (no longer in existence where it used to be, now a part of Lockheed, after a series of buyouts & mergers. They built satellites. My dad worked there for 30 years, and I also did for about 8 months). We are in a large room, with many different (operational) computers piled around in the center of the room, with various people standing near "their" computer, my brother among them (he died a few years ago, and he never worked there in real life) Or perhaps it was a just a photograph of them and their computers. In any case, my brother's is really old, (vacuum tubes!) and he is clearly upset by this fact. It's explained that everyone has to use the computer they came into the company with during their entire length of service, and since he was the oldest hire, his is the oldest computer. Then we had a question and answer period. The question was asked why they needed so many computers to control one satellite, and the answer was that since the satellites/probes were so far away, they obviously couldn't be repaired, so redundancy was built in to make sure that the correct commands were issued.

Dream 2 (or part 2):
2) I'm still with a crowd of people, some of which are convicts. As will become apparent, we're apparently all Jews. We're in an assembly hall in a prison. President Obama walks in, wearing a large knit yarmulke. He then faces the front wall, and says a prayer in Hebrew. His accent is really bad. It's apparent that he memorized it phonetically, but still, we're impressed by the effort. He then walks to a corner of the room, again, facing away from us, and says another prayer. He does this with two more corners, including saying the mourner's prayer, and we respond appropriately. When he gets to the last corner, he prostrates himself and says another prayer. We're aghast, because don't prostrate themselves except on three days a year, and even then, not a full prostration as Obama is doing. He is confused, and asks, "What? Didn't I do it right?" We respond, "That's only on Yom Kippur".

Scene shifts -- the assembly is over, and we're outside. The prisoners are walking up over the hill, back to their cells. Every few feet, they turn around in unison and bow to us, the visitors.

Oddly, I almost NEVER have dreams involving celebrities. The last one I remember happened about 30 years ago.
Rebma

Postby Rebma » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:56 pm

oookay, so I should have written this when I first woke up but I couldn't. I was at someone's house and they had a poltergeist that would throw things around and move things, and this person had a newborn baby. And when they were like, you wanna hold it (cant remember if it was boy or girl) it started smiling, and we were like awww.. but then I was like, wait, newborns don't smile right away, and then the baby starting laughing, and bugging its eyes and we were like oh my god, its in the baby!

I don't really remember what else happened. I know it had been making the baby move around and stuff. But I do remember that our solution was to ignore it,and not react to what it made the baby do so it didn't get encouraged. A lot of other stuff happened too but I forget details now.

I even woke up from this dream, and tried to pull my thoughts away from it, but my heart was racing and I couldn't, and my thoughts stayed focused on the dream I'd just had, until they actually pulled me back into sleep, into the dream.
kronos wrote:like a nice trim is totally fine. short, neat. I don't want to be fighting through the forests of fangorn and expecting treebeard to come and show me the way in
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:28 pm

I love your mind. Awesome dream!
muidoido

Postby muidoido » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:52 pm

I never remember my dreams. :(
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:31 pm

Because you're not trying. Keep a dream journal and write in it as soon as you wake up. Before you go to sleep, recite in your mind, over and over, "I will remember my dreams." I did it once, and the crap that goes on in my head was just...wow. Once you're out of practice, you slip back into dream oblivion.
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:00 pm

Doug R. wrote:Because you're not trying. Keep a dream journal and write in it as soon as you wake up. Before you go to sleep, recite in your mind, over and over, "I will remember my dreams." I did it once, and the crap that goes on in my head was just...wow. Once you're out of practice, you slip back into dream oblivion.

I can confirm this all works.

Return to “Non-Cantr-Related Discussion”