Non-Cantr related dreams

General chitchat, advertisements for other services, and other non-Cantr-related topics

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

gejyspa

Re: Non-Cantr related dreams

Postby gejyspa » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:49 am

Here's one I had last night:

I was at a party at the hideout of an evil scientist (think Dr. Doofenshmirtz from "Phineas and Ferb". He had invented a machine that would destroy the world. It could only be stopped by typing in the lyrics to Michael Jackson's "Thriller" into a special keyboard. He chose this because he knew that if he somehow lost his memory or something, the lyrics to Thriller would be still be memorable, because it was very deep in his subconscious. This keyboard had special keys that had not only single letters, but combinations of letters, so you had to type it in the correct way. And if you messed up three times, it went into failsafe mode, and couldn't be stopped. Plus the keys weren't marked, but the evil scientist gave me a paper with the keyboard map.

Somehow, the machine got accidentally turned on, and I didn't know the lyrics to type them in. But I found a guest at the party, who was a waitress during the day, who knew the lyrics, but when I went for the keyboard map in my pocket, I found the evil scientist had pickpocketed me, because he wanted the world to blow up. But somehow, we managed to stop the machine anyhow.. the world was safe...
gejyspa

Postby gejyspa » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:17 am

And one from tonight --
There was a funeral for a policeman, named Clancy. I happened to be up near the front of the funeral procession, despite not being a friend or relative or even a policeman. Just came to pay my respects. There was a horse there with a blue blanket with Clancy's name on it. I asked if the horse was intended to remain riderless, or was it to have a rider. When told the latter, I volunteered to ride it. We travelled quite a ways, with me on the horse right behind the casket and its honor guard. Along the route, many more people joined us, including a large contingent of (non-police) horse-mounted people. There was a general misperception that the horse was Clancy's own personal mount, and that I was personal buddy of his, but neither was true. It was just a random horse picked for the funeral. The procession proceeded down into a subway (including all the mounted people), we got off. It finally ended at a tavern, for the wake. Here people were barred from entry unless they were actually part of the inner circle of friends and family. I was the only person on a horse allowed in (yes, still on the horse. The doorway was tall enough). Dream ends here...
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:45 pm

Zombies! Ladies and Gentlemen, you may know that my preferred weapon of choice when dealing with zombies is a samurai sword. You don't need to reload them, there's minimal spatter, and given good stamina, one could slay zombies all day gracefully and elegantly, like River slaying the reavers. Were I surrounded like Aragorn at the gates of Mordor, a samurai sword would be just the thing.

And so I find myself in my dream last night, staring down not a hoarde, but a single zombie. It could have been someone's mother or secretary, once a well-fed middle-aged woman, now a semi-rotting shambling servant of the undead. It was ...a Walking Dead type zombie, slow moving but capable of bursts of normal human speed. As she came towards me I stood confidently, trusty samurai sword in hand like I was the star of a Tarantino movie (the zombies are waiting patiently for your treatment of them, Mr. Tarantino. They're very jealous of the vampires). Imagine my surprise that when I struck the blow, the blade passed through her neck, leaving no damage!

I was in utter shock. How could this be? Did I miss? Did I become squeamish at the last second and pull back? Now she was running at me and inside my ideal range. I try again, striking with the blade down by the hilt, and while I do some damage, it's not lethal. I'm knocked backwards and turn, falling onto my stomach. Then the unthinkable - the zombie bites me in the ass! I roll out of it the second I feel teeth pressing on my buttock, but it was too late! I turn and see blood on the back of my pants (dreams are great in that you can see things you normally can't). But wait! The zombie bit an ass-zit! Maybe the blood was from that and not teeth penetrating flesh! If my pants absorbed the zombie's saliva, I cold be safe! Hopeful, I remove my pants to prevent contamination and the dream ends.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
gejyspa

Postby gejyspa » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:16 pm

Doug R. wrote:Maybe the blood was from that and not teeth penetrating flesh! If my pants absorbed the zombie's saliva, I cold be safe! Hopeful, I remove my pants to prevent contamination and the dream ends.

Yeah, that's a great line on a first date -- "Honest! I only removed my pants to avoid being turned into a zombie. It attacked while you were in the bathroom. Really, I swear!"

--gejyspa
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:50 pm

Last night I had a dream that there were evil white electric cables and you'd follow them and hidden behind the walls and floors there were bundles of them. There was also something about school food but I can't remember anymore.
Not-so-sad panda
Diego

Postby Diego » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:21 pm

I dreamed last night of 50 kilograms of sugar in a huge sack in the freezer at home. I wish it were here.
Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.
raspberrytea

Postby raspberrytea » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:00 am

I keep having dreams about killing people (and in some cases afterwards chopping their bodies apart limb-by-limb). :| What in the world is going on in my subconcious?
gejyspa

Postby gejyspa » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:09 am

raspberrytea wrote:I keep having dreams about killing people (and in some cases afterwards chopping their bodies apart limb-by-limb). :| What in the world is going on in my subconcious?

I dunno, but do me a favor -- tell me before you come to the United States :lol:
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:00 pm

I dreamed last night of one of the reoccurring themes people have when they dream. Except it's been maybe a year since my last dream of tornadoes.

So in the dream, I was walking down my street and I noticed the imminent weather on its way. I walked some more, a little bit faster, and then I noticed a tornado headed from the direction of the lake. Honestly, in retrospect it looked like a black dust devil, but at the time of the dream I recognised it as a tornado. I said to myself, "It's coming from the lake, it can't be that strong," but I ran home anyway and told my mom it was a tornado. We sit in her bedroom and stare out the window watching as the tornado got closer. But then it went and hit my nextdoor neighbour's house. There is a small empty lot between their house and my house, so we were hardly affected. The neighbour's house completely survived.

Later, I'm outside for some reason, probably with my dog. And I look up and see a bigger tornado about fifty yards away headed straight for me. I run inside and yell at my mom that there was another tornado headed straight for us. She says go hide, and I don't because I realise I can't find Snick anywhere. So I go searching frantically through the house (at this point my house had morphed into a cross between my house now and an extremely messy version of my house when I lived in Orlando. I can't find her, and the tornado was nearly on top of us (it was a very slow-moving tornado) by that point, so I simply crouched in the middle of the junk in the living room (which was like that of the house in Orlando) and literally prayed to God to save us from the storm. At that very moment, my pastor's sermon on prayer from roughly two or three weeks ago came to my mind, and I felt guilty that I'd used prayer as a last resort. I remained crouched next to a mattress as I awaited the end of the storm (the tornado was literally on top of the house by then) and I was imagining the house being blown apart and praying through the din that it wouldn't happen. Suddenly the noise stops, and I realise, I'm still alive.. I dared to observe my surroundings, and everything I could see was still intact. Then I looked down and realised that Snick was in my arms, as if she'd been there the whole time. I thanked God profusely and woke up.

I can see this dream as being a wake-up call in several senses. I just sincerely hope it's not prophecy.
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:26 am

-didn't feel like editing-

First off, I would just like to say: Phoenix, that picture of Boxxy gave me nightmares.

It started off completely benevolent. Pretty much a normal school-day, boring, band, et cetera.
So then I get home from school, and it's weird....it's basically a three-story house featuring the colors biege and black. I was told that I needed to go upstairs for some reason, so I went up to the third story. The ceiling was maybe six feet high, and I'm 5'8", so there wasn't much space between my head and the ceiling. Immediately I was knocked back into a corner, and I witness thie girl who looked sort of like Boxxy beating the crap out of this other girl who was wearing a red jacket for no apparent reason, but she looked livid. I try to pull them apart, and I manage to do so without getting punched. I try to find out what happened, but neither of them said anything; the Boxxy-look-alike looked resentful while the red jacket was obviously mortally terrified. Then I had to go to band rehearsal, nothing abnormal there. I get back, and Boxxy's at Red Jacket's throat again. This time when I try to pull them apart, Boxxy screams, throws Red Jacket away, then attacks me. She tries to wrestle me to the ground, which she does, but I manage to throw her off of me and stand up. She tries to throw me again, but I land on my rear and manage to unbalance her so that she falls to the ground. Meanwhile, Red Jacket's on the floor elsewhere, playing dead (I could tell she was still alive though). She comes at me again with a look of livid rage, and this time she's holding a dagger. Somehow, though, I managed to avoid being stabbed for a few minutes.

And then, just like Stephen King would say, Boxxy successfully stabbed me, and I woke up. The end.
Mr. Black
Location: Fighting bandanna-wearing AK-47 firing pickles in Zimbabwe

Postby Mr. Black » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:29 pm

--looks around suspiciously--

Okay, I'm'a share my deepestest, secretest subconscious with you guys here.

This one's from two nights ago. So, I'm 16 and back in highschool. My class is going on this plane. “Back home”, they say. But a bunch of my classmates make up stories about why they can’t go. I do too, but I never see the result. I think I get on the plane, because the next thing I know I’m in America, and I’m walking down the old road towards my old 3-story house. As I see it, a sense of relief and deliverance washes over me. I call my dad to tell him where I am, but then, suddenly, I’m in a car at a Quik-Trip, in Oklahoma (same state as the old house, but different town). My mom’s driving the car, and she’s telling me about how she couldn’t go to the Mummy when she was a little girl. I realize that she’s wrong, because the Mummy was made in the ‘90’s, and my mom’s 50 years old. As soon as I realize this, I’m in the parking lot, not in the car. I’m running and a car is behind me, it’s chasing me, going faster and faster. Finally, in the last split second, I get hit by the car and I wake up. I was freaked out for like the whole day, man.

From last night. This one was really long-feeling, but was actually pretty short in terms of events. There had been a murder in my apartment building. I knocked on the door to the apartment where there was the murder and the landlady let me in. There had been about five people living there, including a little girl. A woman, the girl’s mother, had been murdered. It was a gruesome scene. She had been beheaded and her legs were cut off and laid next to her body, making a V-shape on the ground. The little girl was standing next to her, covered in blood and holding her mother's head. Afraid for the girl's sanity, I took her outside, and we began seeing her name written everywhere, in blood; Hanna. After a few repeititions of her name, we began seeing this black, persona-like shadow next to her name. Finally, I saw her name right next to me, and there was the shadow right next to it. It reached out towards me with one ghostly hand and I could hear it whispering my name. Then I woke up.
PLAYER STATS

NAME: Mr. Black
LIKES: Hard rock, metal, playing both, Cantr, the internet, and whiskey.
HATES: His apartment, lizards, snakes, being told what to do.
STR: -2
AGI: -10
INT: +10
RCK: >9000
phoenixannwn

Postby phoenixannwn » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:09 pm

Awww, haha, sorry Snick.
So, this is probably related to a book series I'm reading.
I'm pregnant, but it's just a tiny bump.
Then I'm at the fair and I'm several months along. My baby is a sorcerer (the dad is my current/ex boyfriend) and nobody can know because that's bad because I'm a witch or something. I'm running away, I have to get away or they'll get my baby and I'm not going to let them have my baby. Then my baby and I are talking or something (magic), and I'm running away again, and I have on this long dress and curly dark hair.
I'm pissed that these guys are coming after me, so I fight them (magically) and we have this big magic duel, and I get away, and then I die.
I'm dead and things happen that I can't remember.
The end.
I remember bits and pieces of this other dream too, where I find a body of someone I know and the smell...eugh, it's ripe. there are flies, but we have to hide the body, and then we get her inside only she's not dead, she's just tied up...and that's all I remember (that I'm going to share with you).
Most of them, when I wake up, I find disturbing, even if they don't sound that way.
70% cute, 30% WTF
Bargon wanchi kox paa, Solo! Hoo hoo hoo hoo
http://witchesandweres.tumblr.com/
Chroma Key

Postby Chroma Key » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:11 pm

From early this morning.... *sighs deeply*
I am at P's school, watching their assembly with her. Suddenly there is something wrong and we have to leave. Next thing I know, we are in a taxi, and now she is a baby. However, she is in a glass jar full of pinkish water (Think Resident Evil, similar to that stuff). I am holding the jar tightly but it feels awfully cold. I can see the water going down but it's not draining anywhere, just disappearing. Watching that, I am starting to get very nervous saying she is getting de-hydrated. As the water goes down, I am starting to scream: "We need to get to the hospital, take us to the hospital! She's dying" and other stuff, just urging him to drive as fast as he can. He is pulling over near the hospital saying this is as far as he could go, and asking me to leave. I am too exhausted and shocked to argue at that moment (hehe, this is when I should have known it was a dream) so I am getting off with P. Suddenly, there is someone by my side, with some water. I am looking down at P, and the glass jar is gone. She's just laying on my lap, eyes closed, unconscious. I am taking the water and washing her face with it. Her eyelashes are fluttering, which is making me think that she is going to make it. She looks about 2 at that point. With such relief, I am about to collapse but I keep rubbing her face gently, with the water. I think I was crying while doing that.
Funny thing is, I woke up next to P at about 3am after that. I must have woken up in the middle and made it to her bed with worry, then fallen asleep again and continued to dream. It was such joy watching her sleep then, even more so than usual. :)
"She could make something sound stupid just by hearing it.”
"For a short moment there, you almost sounded human."
Indigo

Postby Indigo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:16 pm

*Hugs Chroma*
Someone wrote:Being dark is an intelligent interpretation of the fabricated world, made up from our heads, there to tempt and play with us
Wolfsong

Crazy Dreams

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:25 am

I had a crazy dream last night, and feel like sharing:

In my dream, I was the captain of a group of soldiers who looked like the colonial marines from Aliens, equipment-wise: those flak vests and helmets, etc. And it was a bit of a mix between Company of Heroes and Dawn of War (Warhammer 40k) at first; we were clearing an area of rebel forces, and had entered the sewers on a tip that the rebel stronghold was holed up there to avoid our carpet bombing on the surface. But the first thing I really remember is that the perspective of the dream switched to a sergeant leading a squad of soldiers, and he was progressing ahead and taking points on a map (like CoH/DoW style) and destroying rebel resistance. It was all pretty cinematic, and I sort of floated above his shoulder in terms of what I saw - and he was clearing out the rebels when aliens show up, and things get chaotic and the rebels are caught between the aliens and them, but they keep shooting, and it's three parties trying to kill each other for a bit, the rebels still resisting, his squad trying to take the point and clear it of rebels and aliens both, and the aliens just trying to kill everything that moves that isn't them. But eventually the sergeant snaps, cracks, because he sees how the aliens are just cutting through soldiers like raw meat, and how they're dragging them back in pieces but still alive from the front lines to conduct experiments on them - amputations, reattaching limbs to random places, trying to physically alter their appearance all Dr. Moreau style. (The sergeant sees a rebel soldier staggering through smoke at one point clutching his hand, and all his fingers are cut off at the middle knuckles and bleeding.) And he falls back to the forward operating base after exchanging some fire and losing a soldier and then the perspective switches back to me as captain. The sergeant is restrained in bed and keeps raving about cutting off his fingertips.

The FOP is a dirty little spot in the sewers and there's no fighting, and we're trying to regroup and prepare for a counter assault to try and break through the aliens, since the rebels were basically cut to pieces in the crossfire and are no longer an issue. And there are these two recruits, who look like kids two grades below me I knew back in high school years ago, and it's a guy and a girl, and they're both trying to lose their virginity and sleep with each other because they're pretty sure they're going to die, and I stalk over to their corner and basically say something like, "You can sleep, or you can wait, but you can't fuck. When this is over, I'll screw you both if that will make you happy." And that's the end of that, they go on watch or something, and I turn back to the bed the sergeant has been restrained in, and he's a little bit calmer, and I give a little speech to the sergeant and say that in order to extract, we have to push through the aliens, and that our mission objective is right on the way to the extraction point, so there's no reason not to get it accomplished, and how I'd appreciate it if my best squad leader wasn't tied to a bed the entire time, but was on his feet and fighting with us, because I needed his support. And he calmed down a bit more and agreed and was back in the fight.

And then - here's the Warhammer 40k moment - a bunch of civilians were herded in as conscripts from somewhere??, and were given to me with the explicit instructions to use them as reinforcements, and another squad leader (not the one sergeant, someone younger and much less senior, and I want to say he was a corporal) was suggesting that we just send them on ahead into the aliens and use the time and chaos that would create to make tracks to the extraction point, but I disagreed because they were civilians and the aliens were after bodies, and we'd be accomplishing nothing by sending civilians in to be experimented on and cut apart, and the suicide charge wouldn't get us much time besides.

Here I briefly woke up, I think, because the dream skipped ahead:

We were at the mouth of the sewers now, which sloped up into this big plain full of tall grass, and we were set up facing the opening of the sewers in a semi-circle, hiding in the grass and in shallow trenches, waiting for the aliens to pour out after us so we could ambush them. It was dark out - night maybe, but not completely dark. Night dim? And for ages we were just waiting for a target to appear when someone offhandedly mentioned that the aliens weren't dumb animals, but that they were smart enough to experiment on people, and it sort of clicked in my head that we couldn't fight them predictably, and they were smart enough to not walk into a trap, so I ordered half of my squad to about face and watch our rear, and no sooner than I did, they fire on an alien sneaking closer (the aliens by this point looked like the aliens from Alien, whereas earlier they'd been different looking, more like... more colourful? darker reds and grays, thicker, with wrinkles and skin but still Alien-esque) and then the entire area behind us opens up as the other squads begin to get flanked and attacked, and possibly from the aliens shooting back (I can't remember if they actually had guns.)

(Note: The civilian conscripts had vanished from the dream by this point, and never showed up again.)

I send out orders for the squads on our wings to pull back to my position, because we'd been flanked and by this point, the sewers had started to pour out more aliens in front of us, and I can't remember exactly what happened from there, only that the battle had ended and we were still in the grass, not quite in the same spot but in an area of flattened grass - a circle of flattened grass, stomped dirt, surrounded by tall grass, and we were regrouping again after that last assault. And I went to go see an injured soldier, who was apparently me-the-captain's love interest or something, and the cot he should have been lying on was empty and the IVs were torn out and just dangling from a metal rod stuck in the ground nearby, and it was obvious that he'd either been captured and carried off by the aliens during the fight (maybe it had been a tactical withdrawal to this point?) or he had gotten up and left on his own - it was clear one of the two things had happened, but it wasn't clear which of the two had.

At this point I can see the extraction point in the distance, and it's this group of abandoned factories and stuff, and I can hear a sonic boom as the shuttle breaks orbit and enters the atmosphere, and I'm trying to figure out if I have time to go looking for this one lost soldier, or if I have to leave him behind. I've got maybe 10 squads, somewhere between 90-120 men total, and I wrestle with the idea a bit before sending a squad out to go look for blood trails and stuff, and it's that one sergeant from earlier, and he's gone for only a little bit before he radios in that he's cut off and in need of support, so I send another 4 squads in to reinforce with orders to bound back to my position and lay down suppressing fire as each squad retreats - and they all get back with no losses, so we start toward the extraction point because it's obvious that the missing soldier is a lost cause either way - if he ran off, he was probably caught and killed already, and if he'd been kidnapped, he was probably already dead and/or being used as bait to draw us back off that way. "Back that way" being where the objective was located, which we never did get around to accomplishing anyway.

(Note: I can't remember what "the objective" even was.)

So we start for the extraction point but really, just as soon as we focus on it, there's this huge fireball explosion that reflects against my visor and lights up the entire grassy plain for a bit, and everyone is sort of spooked so I'm all: we don't know if it was the shuttle or not, and it doesn't matter even if it was, we have to push through. And the explosion is the last thing I really remember before waking up.

Anybody else have something equally nuts they want to share?

Return to “Non-Cantr-Related Discussion”