Second Lifers?

General chitchat, advertisements for other services, and other non-Cantr-related topics

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Wolf

Re: Second Lifers?

Postby Wolf » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:01 am

I don't know the specifics but there are ways to play Cantr on in-world items in SL... at least, it can be displayed as any interactive website, publically... so playing Cantr as-is would be quite possible.
The 'specifics' that I referred to are what objects would be best suited to display Cantr on in SL.
And I've come across several groups that meet in SL to discuss text-rpg's that they play, in one case there's a group which plays out in SL what they do in text on a MUD... but I didn't stick around those nutcases for more than a few minutes, just long enough to get my fancy pixel-perfect 'my other RPG is a Russian anti-tank weapon'-sign from a Camping Chair that they were running.
But, yeah, considering the masses that use SL, only a very, very small part of them would be into something like Cantr.
You'd probably run into more Bloodliners and other "RPG-wanna-be" players than into people who'd be into actual roleplaying like can be done in Cantr.

On the money-making in SL... oy vey, there's a can of worms...
There's a few 'good' ways (like Bletaverse, Earn2Life) but those only pay low ammounts compared to the time invested... there's camping-chairs and such but those can be hard to find... and then there's a buttload of fakers or even downright scams, where in the first case (faker) you don't get anything or not the pile of SL gold that you thought you would... and in the second case (scam) you not only don't get anything, but when you aren't on SL someone else is abusing your avatar - and not in the "fun" way...
Best way is to find a market and make productys for it, and then work to corner that market.
I've been trying to do so with a few things (making my own brand of camping-chairs, MM-boards, lucky-letter boards and such... even making simple scripts and trying to sell those as-is so people can put them in their own objects, and so on) but unfortunately, with that, most markets are already filled to the brim with people working to corner those markets, and more such people are joining by the minute.
hmmmmm beer.... pizza.... computers.... women... stir-fried furry little critters...
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:36 am

This notecard is old, but I still get surveys from them every few months. I generally get $300 to $500 LD per survey, which is plenty for making Cantr charrie avis if you're frugal.

Market Truths Limited - Research Panel

About the Research Panel
-----------------------------

Our Research Panel is made up of Second Life residents who have opted in to receiving invitations from us to participate in surveys and other types of research (e.g., interviews or focus groups) in exchange for some L$ and the opportunity to help improve aspects of Second Life that they care about.

Those who join the panel are asked to complete a preference form indicating what topics they are willing to be surveyed or interviewed about, and the maximum frequency with which they want to be invited to participate in research. We select residents from this list from time to time and ask them to participate in research projects on particular topics. We issue invitations by sending out notecards. You always have a choice of whether or not to participate in a particular research project after being invited; however, we reserve the right to drop residents from the panel due to infrequent or unhelpful participation, multiple memberships, or for any other reason.

The amount of L$ offered for participation in a research project varies depending on subject matter and the amount of time required to participate.

Joining the Research Panel
-----------------------------

To join the Research Panel, please use the Panel Registration kiosk in our Second Life office (landmark below). L$100 will be paid to you, as a token of our appreciation, just for joining and completing the preference form. Be assured that your registration and preferences are confidential per our privacy policy (http://sl.markettruths.com/panel/privacy.asp). You can update your preferences, or leave the Research Panel, at any time.

Research Panel membership is restricted to SL residents who have verified accounts (payment info. used or on file with Linden Lab) and are at least 30 days old. Only one panel membership is allowed per real life person.

If membership of the panel is closed, you can register your interest in joining and we will notify you when membership reopens.

If you have any questions or want further information ...

Contact Us in SL
------------------
* Pebbles Hannya
* Strachan Ofarrel

More Information
-------------------
sl.markettruths.com

Confidentiality
------------------
In all our research we take particular care to maintain respondents' confidentiality per our privacy policy (http://sl.markettruths.com/panel/privacy.asp), and we adhere to the Marketing Research Association's Code of Marketing Research Standards (http://www.mra-net.org/pdf/expanded_code.pdf).
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Taralyn

Postby Taralyn » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:49 am

I am not on sl much now, I was for a while but it takes alot of time. when I do go on I am usually making clothing, if you are good enough you can support your sl, I sell my better outfits for 600-800L, I still have a small inworld store and products on the marketplace. It is enough that when I do play I can buy new skins and whatever.
I was part of a really lovely fantasy sim that folded, it was never really the same for me after that.

Return to “Non-Cantr-Related Discussion”