Funny or interesting IC quotes

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

hyrle

Re: Funny or interesting IC quotes

Postby hyrle » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:00 pm

SekoETC wrote:Raker named: 200 gram szpinaku, widły i martwe kakadu

Made me laugh.

I'm not sure if something was lost in translation, but Google Translate says that means "200 grams of spinach, forks and dead cockatoo". Which seems somewhat funny and somewhat random.
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:48 pm

Made me laugh.

:D Same here.
Alutka

Postby Alutka » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:01 am

hyrle wrote:

Made me laugh.

I'm not sure if something was lost in translation, but Google Translate says that means "200 grams of spinach, forks and dead cockatoo". Which seems somewhat funny and somewhat random.

Yep, the translation is correct. Aren't Poles awesome? :mrgreen:
“Man sacrifices his health in order to make money.
Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. He is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:31 am

I feel sorry for the cockatoo. RIP birdie :(
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:30 pm

from radio at freq. 100: "And now, the third in our series of factual featurettes on
prominent cities across Treefeather. Tonight, we cast a wry eye on Doryiskom. *the
authoritative voice of a seasoned reporter* "On the map, Doryiskom's a small dot, but
from the ground, it's a huge mess, like Coventina's face after a mid-morning client.
The stench of poverty hangs in the air of the city like the smell of Elyos Vycarius'
nappy. For the locals, it's a starvation art installation, where rejecting food is a
damning critique of the post-scarcity economy of material excess, and of simple
common sense. Not a lot of leadership around here, legend has it the last councillor
was lured away by pirate impersonators offering an all-expenses-paid vacation to
Cantr, never to be seen again. Not that it'd be easy to motivate and mobilise this
morgue - you want to help these people, but the truth is they've got to help
themselves. Doryiskom is a festering boil on the face of Treefeather, one that
urgently needs to be popped - let's all hope the resulting discharge of
poverty-stricken pretentious pus doesn't drown nearby Klojt." And next time, we
investigate provocative dancing and man-animal relationships in Seatown. Please, do
tune in."
Read about my characters by following this link.
ObsessedWithCats

Postby ObsessedWithCats » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:02 pm

*Wiro wrote:
from radio at freq. 100: "And now, the third in our series of factual featurettes on
prominent cities across Treefeather. Tonight, we cast a wry eye on Doryiskom. *the
authoritative voice of a seasoned reporter* "On the map, Doryiskom's a small dot, but
from the ground, it's a huge mess, like Coventina's face after a mid-morning client.
The stench of poverty hangs in the air of the city like the smell of Elyos Vycarius'
nappy. For the locals, it's a starvation art installation, where rejecting food is a
damning critique of the post-scarcity economy of material excess, and of simple
common sense. Not a lot of leadership around here, legend has it the last councillor
was lured away by pirate impersonators offering an all-expenses-paid vacation to
Cantr, never to be seen again. Not that it'd be easy to motivate and mobilise this
morgue - you want to help these people, but the truth is they've got to help
themselves. Doryiskom is a festering boil on the face of Treefeather, one that
urgently needs to be popped - let's all hope the resulting discharge of
poverty-stricken pretentious pus doesn't drown nearby Klojt." And next time, we
investigate provocative dancing and man-animal relationships in Seatown. Please, do
tune in."

As someone with strong feelings about both Doryiskom and Seatown I would love to hear the next instalment of this XD
iavatus

Postby iavatus » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:28 am

A tale of a man, his ship and his passenger, and how being cranky over something and unreasonable can lead to a much worse outcome

Bernadice says: "Ugh, fine, give me a few days to clear my head and I'll be fine again."
Bernadice says to Steve Snail: "He's going to cause trouble when I'm gone, so I'll stay alive long enough to make it to a port and get him off the ship under false pretensions."
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "Why haven't you dropped anything?!"
Simon says: "Why should she drop anything? "
Steve Snail says: "The Trumpet is silent now. Words of striking and smiting, and he is to be so gone."
You attack Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet using a crowbar, but you miss.
Steve Snail says: "#waves the crowbar in his face# He has stepped on many rules, and listened to no words. Actions will be his undoing, unravelled from here to my world."
Steve Snails says toBernadice: "My thanks, if you're not well. There anything to be done, for you or others who'll miss you."
Simon says: "Come now gentlemen, not need to get so violent."
You see Simon take a brand new steel battle axe.
Kolo says: "No need to get hostile now."
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "I've had enough. None of you are worthy of my allegiance. You took me from my home while I was asleep and I allowed everything I had to be sold. I no longer even know why we are on this boat. I thought the plan was for us to do some work for your and purchase the boat but instead all my belongings have been mixed in with yours!"
You see Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet steering 1 - Silly Sod, adjusting its speed to 100 percent and its direction to 225.
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "2 days of travel and we will be back to that English port I saw. After all the work I've done on this boat you at least owe me that much."
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "If you want this to end peacefully you will bring me back to either Longinazy or shortinazy. I don't value the materials I value the time and effort that I've wasted working for a sleeper. She was more awake when we were on land. She never once starved herselfl. Now she's holding onto so much I can't even feed her."
Steve Snail says: "#wrenches the boat back to his choice# Touch the wheel again, hang ye from the yard arm. Ye've worn out your last bloody welcome."
You steer 1 - Silly Sod, adjusting its speed to 100 percent and its direction to 0.
Steve Snail says: "Your posessions, are what you are carrying. Naught else, after this behaviour. You've mossed my ship, rusted the spot you stand on and simply acted the tin kettle. Be off with you, at #he puts emphasis# Klojt, not else."
Steve Snail says: "There, Trumpet. The others are welcomed to stay and share our posessions, which was the way it was. And seeing as all you brought was your bloated head, it was a good deal for you. But, the wind has sailed on, and that has bent out of recognition."
Steve Snail says: "Simon, Kolo, Bernadice, you are welcome to stay aboard as we travel to Haven. Rusted Trumpet, you are welcome only to stay aboard the Tribulation for as long as you wish. Cause you are not welcome to stay aboard a deck graced by your better. #pats the horses arses#"
Steve Snail says: "But afirst, divest your hands of that which you do not use, and pick up the potatoes."

Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "No. I sold my boat and car and you now hold the profits from that. I am holding healing food which I hope to not have to use in a fight against you and your crew. I owe you nothing. I've picked up some honey and that was it. I've never picked up anything on this boat. You never even so much as gave me the proper tools to help you with your tasks. You are a damn fool."
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "So you refuse to give me a ride? Very well....."
You see Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet trying to break lock no. 15031903 at The Silly Sod.
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "Then give me the damn key to this boat now. And I do mean NOW!"
Steve Snail says: "#looks at the little shouting man# Alright fellas. We've got an intruder on board. Unload as you will, because I will break him in half before he leaves if he doesn't stop this #leans into Trusts face, and smiles, whispering# now."
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "Are you serious right now? You only needed to let me off this boat."
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet expertly hurts you using a steel battle axe. You lose 15 percent strength. You skillfully saved 27 percent using your steel scutum.
Steve Snail says: "#looks at the dripping wound, and sighs# And to the museum with you! If you were an amusing pet, I'd have kept you. Unamusing pets, are set on fire and put to shame."
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "You gave your men the order to attack me purely because you think your my social better. I never liked you. I met you before Bernadice did. I hated you then and I still hate you now."
Steve Snail says: "#looks at Bernadice# I don't blame you for this. He seemed a statue when he was aboard. Blame sits on his face."
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "Your a disrespectful shit. 2 days of travel and you would have avoided a scar. You dumbass...."
You consumed 224 grams of your honey.
Steve Snail says: "#spits on the wound, and rubs some honey on it#"
Steve Snail says: "#flicks him in the head# Whereas you're pretty little face won't get a single scar on it. We'll just wrap you in ropes and tie you to the anchor."
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "I gave you a way out. Give me a boat key and this will end."
Steve Snail says: "The only way out of this for you, Rusted Trumpet, is to obey. And you agreed to obey. Why, I guess your word means little, a surprise from the Trumpet indeed."
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "Bernadice agreed to be your crew member. I was only here to support her. I made that clear since day one. I am only leaving because she's killing herself. I was NEVER loyal to you."
Steve Snail says: "#hooks a finger to him, leaning him closer and whispers hoarsely# And when I meet this whatever his name was who did whatever to whoever your previous slobbered on mistress was, I'll be presenting him your fingers."
Steve Snail says: "#shakes his head# See that cabin there? I hope you'll like it. It's going to be your home for a very, very long time. Old Fingerless Trumpet, that's what you'll be going by."
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "So then this is how this ends. I'm either going to kill you or break this lock . Whichever comes first."
Steve Snail says: "#patpat# We all dream, Rust. Some of us bother to awaken and put them into effect."
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "All I wanted was to get off this boat. Are you so sure your crew is going to support you? They would be fools to. After I kill you your boat becomes there's. I don't want it I just want off of it."
Steve Snail says: "Until this strike of yours, that was an option. Now, it's only on the cards if you take the Tribulation. And that only happens if you pick up the potatoes."
Steve Snail says: "Enjoy your last gasp, old Rust. It shan't be reprieved, only kept in a little bottle and shaken when I wish to revisit this moment, fondly, in years to come."
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "No. You wanted to rob me. You wanted me to drop everything I'm holding which was never yours to begin with other then the 1400 honey I took."
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "And if I did that you would have had an advantage over me. You claim that I'm so thick but I've outsmarted you and that pisses you off."
Steve Snail says: "#sighs, scribbles and scratches a few numbers#"
You give a note titled -Eh? How do you spell prepared again, Rust?- to Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet.
Steve Snail says: "Crew, ignore the blattering Trumpet. Put some pain to him, because he ain't leaving with what he is not fit to carry. Continues this course, and that'll include his own head."
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "I don't care how much healing food you have your still not going to kill me before I break these locks. At least not without help..... "
Steve Snail says: "I'll let you leave on the Tribulation, but that's of use to me. You'll need to pay for admission."
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "Why does it have to be this way? Who are you really? Have you killed anyone before ? Have you robbed defenseless towns? Your not a man of honor at all. All I wanted was to leave this boat. That's all. Is it so hard of a request? You've kidnapped me and are now holding me against my will."
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "Fine then. But pay you how? I'm not giving you anything unless you let me on it first."
Steve Snail says: "#grins# Part of that payment, is spectacle. Puncture your own fleshy hide, with the #sniffs# Grevious wound you attempted on such a pleasant Snail."
Steve Snail says: "And then dance. Dance a silly tune. That'd be enough payment for, aha, trust to be built."
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "*glances at the pile of potatoes with immense annoyance* so you want absolutely everything even my equipment and crowbar....... What would the people on cantr island have said in response to this?.....Go fuck yourself? I believe that's the way they say it."
He puts some potatoes in the chest, leaving a pile of 12000 grams on the deck.
Steve Snail says: "#motions a small amount in# There. You keep your shield, and some pride."
Steve Snail says: "Not that you have much, but that makes it all the more precious, I believe."
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "GRRRR!!!!! Absolutely not! I'm not dropping anything at all! I've picked up NOTHING from your boat! You owe me the honey I took scum bag!"
You see Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet take some carrots.
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "I will give you 2000 iron for the dingy. That's my only offer to you."
Steve Snail says: "And because you're such a pleasant chap that I want off my ship, now, I'll even give you the Tribs key. Worthless with the raker locked, but that is all."
You see Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet take key.
Steve Snail says: "#shakes head# Ye'll pick up all the potato. Every negotiation, adds 500 grams to the total."
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "No."
You take some potatoes out of chest. 12500
Steve Snail says: "#shrugs and adds another small amount#"
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "Unlock the boat. Unless you want to test your crews loyalty to you. I already offered to give them your ship, and it's belongings. All I want is to leave. You made this difficult. You tried to rob me. Your the one who thinks I'm a fool."
You take some potatoes out of chest. 1300
Steve Snail says: "#clinks another portion of potatoes onto the pile#"
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "I don't play games. I just want to leave. Your the reason why this is happening."
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "I will give you nothing."
You take some potatoes out of chest. 13500
Steve Snail says: "#clink# Running out of time, patience and potato, Rusted."
You see Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet steering 1 - Silly Sod, adjusting its speed to 100 percent and its direction to 225.
You steer 1 - Silly Sod, adjusting its speed to 100 percent and its direction to 0.
Steve Snail says: "#smacks his fingers away# Bad Rust. More potato for you."
You take some potatoes out of chest. 1400
You take some potatoes out of chest. 14500
You see Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet steering 1 - Silly Sod, adjusting its speed to 100 percent and its direction to 0.

Weeee!

Steve Snail says: "#watches the buffoon near strangle himself in his ropey eagerness# Well, that was completely you, Rusted."
Steve Snail says: "#pats the potato pile# There you go, my boy. You may consider it a bonus, for your good works in being so, charmless."
Steve Snail says: "#taps Trumpet on the shield with the crowbar lightly# Ding ding. Special on today, for fools with big mouths, and tiny brains. Pick up 15 kilos of limestone, get let off the ship with only a wave and not a beating."
Steve Snail says: "#grins to the other three# And no, you lot don't get to contend. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. #the grin drains as he looks to Trust# In someones life, if they don't take it, at least."

Now, this bits not funny, or interesting, except in a more meta sense. Skip to the next === to skip it
===
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "OOC: now I just want this character dead. I don't like dedicating my time to this game on any level. I'm not fighting with you and I'm not gonna let you toy with that slight possibility of maybe getting off the ship if you decide to let me. I've played with one other person who toyed with me before although that toon deserved it, but yeah I recognize the signs and I know your not letting me leave. Sorry for being so rude in character. I've resigned to whatever's gonna happen next."
Steve Snails says toGuardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet: "OOC: Unimpressed mate. Perfectly working in char, and you just blather that. Not impressed."
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "OOC: just saying this has happened to me before. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if you were the same guy. Ever met a character named Silice?"
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "OOC: and I don't care if your impressed. I'm not staying up all night fighting with the ship wheel. You've already won."
You see Simon talking to Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet.
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "OOC: that's been explained IC. He's not really letting me leave. He wants my equipment so I can't get out. If I drop the healing food he'd be able to kill me himself in two or three days if he's lucky. He's asking too much, and yeah it's also not his to ask for anyway which gives Trust more reason to decline the so called offer."
Steve Snails says toGuardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet: "OOC: Seriously. Cut the OOC chatter. Already reported."
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "OOC: like I said I'm not playing at the level that most people would be playing at in such scenarios. It's not that I can't. I just don't want to. I don't care enough to waste the next 2 or 3 RL days doing this every hour on the hour. I don't wanna keep chatting in OOC either....."
===
End of OOC wall!

Simon says: "Bernadice, you need to wake up and sort this out. Otherwise one of us will have to."
Steve Snail says: "#pats the limestone pile# Already a resolution at hand. I'm happy for it to stand as such. With kind words said, several kilos will #splays fingers out# disappear to the magical chest."
Limestone at 15 kilos.
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "I don't negotiate with criminals. To hell with you."
Steve Snail says: "Nor do I. Good thing smacking the captain isn't illegal on *my* ship, or at least waived for the time being. Comes back with vengeance, once you scuttle that lock."
Steve Snail says: "#looks at Trust, and spins the wheel northwards# Still got a chance, but waste my time some more and I won't be a happy chappy no more."
You steer 1 - Silly Sod, adjusting its speed to 0 percent and its direction to 225.
Kolo says to Steve Snail: "The unfortunate thing for us is that I think he will say rather rude things over the radio about you and Bernadice. I don't know if he'll say anything about me or Simon."
Kolo says to Steve Snail: "This situation is rather nerve wrecking..."
Kolo says: "*He slightly looks at Trust and Steve* I feel like this...argument could have somehow went better"
Kolo says: "I'd rather not attack anyone really. I basically like everyone on the boat. *He looks at Trust* But I know you a less than them, sorry."
Steve Snail says: "No need for it Kolo. Yet. Rust will do the non stupid thing, and pick up #boots some back to the room# the limestone pile, won't he."
You see some limestone being pulled from 1 - Silly Sod to 9 - Dull resources, lock, (build radio) (Cargo). (Steve Snail)
12 kilos
Steve Snail says: "Which is more then fair, seeing as his shit will be returned to him. Don't want or need it, but not letting some smug statue think he can waltz in, and off, and away."
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "My Mistress is dying on me. At this point I'd rather fight to the death then allow myself to be robbed."
Steve Snail says: "#looks to her, looks back at him# She seems fine. She'll seem finer when you stop slobbering on her, which you will do. One way or another. You, rust trumpet, are choosing the oxidated way."
Steve Snail says: "Pleh! #after booting things hither and thither, he looks a bit fatigued, but noticeably brightens when watching Rusty banging away at the lock# So, Rustbucket. What's the plan here, eh?"
Steve Snail says: "You .... break the lock, and then what, swim to shore? Or maybe you break the lock, and then have to break the locks to one of my fine ships? Hrm? Is that the thinking, or what passes for?"
Steve Snail says: "Cause, I'd like my friends and people here, to witness what happens to a loudmouth who has no plan. Course #he chuckles# they're welcome to pitch in. Anytime. He's going overboard, but not with his dignity."
You see Simon talking to Kolo.
You see Kolo talking to Simon.
Simon says: "Trust, you need to cease what you are doing now. Or we will all be forced into action."
Steve Snail says: "#opens an eye, winks to Simon# Morning sunshine. How fare you?"
Steve Snail says: "#leans over, speaking into one of his shirt buttons# Morning to you, listeners. Tuning in to Rusty Trumpet, self-proclaimed master of the deck, hero of the battle of ....., awarded medals of ....., #scratches his head# negatory, got nothing, rollback. Here with Rusty Trumpet, claim to fame being rusty trumpet. Rusty Trumpet,Will you desist in such a silly cause? Cause, it's sillier then a silly strumpet of strumpeting."
You see dockable places: Wolf Pup harbour (come frolic!), Pok Coaster Harbour.
Steve Snail says: "I can take a hint. Still have options, and time. But I have more rope to hang you with, then you have time."
You skillfully hurt Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet using a steel battle axe, who loses 7 percent strength.
Steve Snail says: "#pats him upside the leg with an axe# Here boy. Your instruction for the day. DOn't be dumb, it profits nobody."
You steer 1 - Silly Sod, adjusting its speed to 100 percent and its direction to 315.
You see Simon skillfully hurt Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet using a steel battle axe.
Simon says: "Consider that my warning to you Trust. Stop now or I'll be forced to end this argument."
Steve Snail says: "#nods to Simon# My thanks. Rather not get blood on the deck, but rather not get a non-housebroken pet widdling all over things neither."
Steve Snail says: "#snorts# Didn't he hand you that axe, way back? Being free with the things I freely offered."
Kolo says: "He's not stopping the lock picking..."
Simon says: "It was the claymore he handed me. I did consider using it out of a sense of dramatic irony. But I thought better of it."
Simon says: "Can we kick him out here?"
Steve Snail says: "Sense of sensibility, trumps dramatics. Aye, off to this wolf harbour he goes."
Steve Snail says: "#ticks off fingers# That's a once. Cleave you asunder, oh silent and boring."

You steer 1 - Silly Sod, adjusting its speed to 100 percent and its direction to 225.

Simon says: "Are we going to drop Trust off? We don't seem to be moving to dock?"
Steve Snail says: "That's up to his scuzziness. Cooperation first. Blatterage, exhorting to threats from precarious perch, squawks sounds. He may leave with some, he may not with all"
You store some limestone in chest.
Steve Snail says: "#clink# There. And that some is a kindness he daren't deserve or ask for. Kinder then he'd be, the stupid shit, were roles reversed."
You steer 1 - Silly Sod, adjusting its speed to 100 percent and its direction to 45.
Steve Snail says: "But he'll have a Snail shaped boot to his arse to show others, and no mistake."
Steve Snail says: "Klojt next stop, after staidly state ere goes wolf frollicing. Simon, Kolo, Bernadice. Heading to Klojt then, pick up and drop off stuff. Buy some stuff for yourselves, my coin a course."
You consumed 200 grams of your potatoes.
You start to dock 1 - Silly Sod to Wolf Pup harbour (come frolic!)
Kolo says: "That sounds cool."
You skillfully hurt Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet using a steel battle axe, who loses 2 percent strength.
Steve Snail says: "#blatters the man# Wakey wakey. The shore awaits, as does your new, less endowed life. Napping on the job, not wise."
1 - Silly Sod docks at Wolf Pup harbour (come frolic!).
You see Simon leaving 1 - Silly Sod, entering Wolf Pup harbour (come frolic!).
You see Simon entering 1 - Silly Sod, coming from Wolf Pup harbour (come frolic!).
Simon says: "Can someone help me move Trust?"
You see Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet drop some popcorn.
You see Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet drop some mushrooms.
You see Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet drop some iron.
You see Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet take some limestone.
Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet says: "I have some more iron. Other than that just my equipment."
You see Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet being dragged by Simon, Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet, Kolo from 1 - Silly Sod to Wolf Pup harbour (come frolic!).
Steve Snail says: "#nods# Thanks, fellas. Now Trust, sod the sodding hell off, you waste of a good sod."
You point at Guardian Trust/Rusty Trumpet.
You enter Wolf Pup harbour (come frolic!), where you see 1 people, leaving the central area of unnamed location.
Steve Snail says: "Ere folks. Want a pain in the arse idiot? Well, you can have him. He's welcome to be found in a ditch, or a throne upside down. Entirely his choice. #makes a wiping of hands motion# Cheerio."
Kolo says: "Do we have a radio we can listen too?"
Steve Snail says: "#gives him a final smack upside the head# There's you good behaviour bond. Now, sod off."
You see some fresh dung being pulled from 1 - Silly Sod to Wolf Pup harbour (come frolic!). (Steve Snail)
Steve Snail says: "#pokes his head back out# Oh, his name is Rusty Trumpet. He'll blow and blow and blow, but nothing but shit will come out. #spins around, nearly slips on some dung# Like so."
Steve Snail says: "And my thanks, crew, for getting this loathsome oik off, his squeaking oiks bedamned."
Helena says: "Um well, hello there, I'm Helena. What's all this fuzz about? "
Steve Snail says: "#he waves and nods#Mere eviction of an angry louse, m'lady. Fear him not, he may slobber most unseemly, he may shout most wretchedly, but he's only a threat to hisself. I release this burden to your care"
Steve Snail says: "Advise watching him carefully, lest he drown himself in those memories he'll proffer at anyone who never asks. We head, Helena. Well met, well gone."

=======

Sidenote: Trust went on to live a long and full life, eventually coming to Klojt
Snail was in Klojt when he arrived. They were still best friends, and are currently travelling about together, despite both being dead. Just, one is stuffed into a milk-crate.
Marian

Postby Marian » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:03 pm

I died laughing at this. :lol:

I met that crew once very briefly, Steve was weird but fun, and I got some fun logs out of it. (Which, btw? Were they doctored? :P Later I realized that keys might not work that way...)

That OOC though, eurgh... How do people still think that kind of thing is okay? :roll:
Rmak

Postby Rmak » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:14 pm

I've seen a few OOC ragemoans recently. The characters in question got themselves into stupid situations and then when realizing they were basically /screwed/ the player then tries to OOC rant at other players. I'm not sure if it was them trying to change the situation via OOC or just have a tantrum
Quote Wolfsong:
They aren't playing children; they are playing mentally ill people.

:twisted: :roll: :lol: 8) :twisted:
iavatus

Re: Funny IC quotes

Postby iavatus » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:07 am

The infamous stroke. Treated decently by the stroked.
4830-0

Swiler Bee says: "*he takes the note from Nikki and begins to read it. Before he's gotten through the whole thing, he clutches his left arm, slumps over and falls to the floor of the kitchen* Ohh ... *a sound like a strangled sigh can be heard and after this 'words' are slurred beyond recognition* Niii ... th.... ssssssssth ... oooong .... thhhhh ... "

Silver Knight Nikki Bee says: "Swiler! What's the matter? *she kneels beside him* Talk to me!"

Swiler Bee says: "*he thumps and thrashes a little*"

Silver Knight Nikki Bee says: "I went to get Aryn. *she sits down on the floor beside him* What is it? *she takes his hand*"

Swiler Bee says: "*he tries to talk to her but soon his face is filled with frustration as only grunts and hisses emit from his lips. Lips that have begun to droop dramatically to one side* Niiiii .... Niiii ... Niiiii *a tear rolls down one cheek*"

Silver Knight Nikki Bee says: "*she lays down over him, over his chest* I understand. You are saying my name. And if I know you, and I do, you are also saying you love me. I love you Swiler. "

Swiler Bee says: "*he nods once weakly and then lies quietly under her, managing to bring his right arm around her shoulder* Oooooe"

Charlotte says: "Is Swiler alright ?"

Aryn says: "*she rushes outside to the kitchen, fear and worry in her eyes* What happened?"

Silver Knight Nikki Bee says: "*her eyes fills with tears and she puts her head at the soft spot between his neck and shoulder*"

Silver Knight Nikki Bee says: "He can't talk. And his face is strange at one side."

Swiler Bee says: "*his gaze goes from Nikki to Aryn, his face urgent with a wordless, pleading expression, one eye droop dramatically and his lips only seem to be partially obeying him* Aaaaan .... Niiii ..... *he looks frightened, near panic*"

Silver Knight Nikki Bee says: "*she rises and takes his both hands in hers* Don't be afraid, I'm here."

Silver Knight Nikki Bee says: "*she bends down and kisses his lips*"

4830-0.08: Aryn says: "*her brows raise, quickly looking to Swiler she frowns, moving to the opposite side of Swiler* Swiler, if you can hear me, I want you to squeeze my hand with as much strength as you can. *she gently takes his hand in her own*"

Swiler Bee says: "*he stares at his limp hand in hers and tears flow as he seems to will it closed with no effect*"

Nikki Bee says: "It's okay Swiler, it's okay. *she gently caresses his cheek* You will be okay in a while."

Aryn says: "*she takes a deep calming breath* Nikki, help me get him to the office. I need to do a few small tests and the kitchen isn't the best place. *she gently squeezes Swiper's hand* Don't worry big brother. I'll get you right as rain. "

Nikki Bee says: "I'm not sure we should move him. And he is too heavy."

Aryn says: "Then close the window while I do the tests, please."

Nikki Bee says: "Can't we have it open, we need the air. *she looks at Swiler*"

Aryn says: "*she rubs her brow* Fine. Alright, Swiler, I'm going to test a few reflexes okay? Do not worry if its hard I just need to see the extent of your condition. Blink once for me that you understand."

Swiler Bee says: "*he blinks*"

Aryn says: "Okay. *she releases his hand before she gently takes his opposite hand* I know its frustrating, but try to squeeze. Even just a little."

Nikki Bee says: "*she moves a little to give Aryn space*"

Swiler Bee says: "*his left hand squeezes with normal strength and he looks relieved* Gaaa ... "

Aryn says: "That's really good, big brother. *she smiles with relief* "

Aryn says: "Just by what I see here, I think you had a stroke. Since you are still alert and aware o of what's going on I don't think it was too bad. Just rest for now and I'll keep an eye on you okay?"

Nikki Bee says: "*she takes Swiler's hands again and moves closer* I'll stay here with you. *she looks at Aryn* He will get better, will he not?"

Swiler Bee says: "*he nods slowly and tries to smile, only the left side of his mouth moving upwards giving his face a horrific grimace before he lowers his head onto Nikki and closes his eyes*"

Nikki Bee says: "*she looks at Swiler's face* I love you not matter what you look like. And that half smile from you is worth more that a thousand smiles from anyone else."

Aryn says: "He will get better. Though it may be possible that his facial muscles retain just a little of the weakness. *she watches Swiler for a moment* And he may need a bit of therapy if his speech doesn't return but all in all he will recover with rest. Once Raaj wakes he may do another exam to test my conclusion. "

Nikki Bee says: "I trust you, Aryn."

Aryn says: "*she smiles faintly with a nod* I should check on Nelson and Fritz while he rests. Maybe open the window in the office so I can keep an eye on all three of them."

Nikki Bee says: "Yes, do that. It's better we all can hear and see each other."

4830-0.31: Aryn opens window in Doctor`s Office.

4830-0.32: Aryn says: "*she pushes the window open, turning to look at Nelson and Fritz* Some fresh air will do you good, and I need to be able to keep an eye on everyone."

4830-0.32: Avren Banner says: "*drives slowly through town, blowing kisses and waving like a parade float queen*"
4830-0.32: Avren Banner says: "Huh. And wow, there is seriously like, no one working here. "

4830-0.32: Aryn says: "*she glares at the van leaving* Screw you too. *she mutters under her breath* Stupid bitch."

4830-0.32: Nikki Bee closes window in San D`Oria Kitchen.

Aryn says: "*she stops to stare at the closed window, frowning*"

Fritz says: "Wh-what?"

Aryn says: "Nothing. *she shakes her head with a sigh before sinking to sit on one of the cots in town*"
Aryn says: "How are you feeling, Fritz?"

Nikki Bee opens window in San D`Oria Kitchen.

Fritz says: "Someone needs to tell Avren on the radio that Fritz can't believe how evil she turned and she's the first person that I have ever not liked, so I hope she's happy, she's worse than every mean person I ever met because at least they don't pretend niceness.. Also she made me and Suzie both cry and she's disgusting. I would tell her myself if I could use the radio but I can't."

Fritz says: "I feel awful.. is Swiler okay? What's happening?"

Nikki Bee says: "I had to close the window when I saw who came. I think Swiler would have got another stroke if he had heard her." ((Heard her say what? That there was hardly anyone working?))
Nikki Bee says: "Go to the radio and say it yourself, Fritz."

Fritz says: "Heer voice woke me up, I thought it was a nightmare that she was back.."
Fritz says: "I can't.."

Nikki Bee says: "Just push the button on the microphone and talk."

Fritz says: "No I mean I just.. can't. I can push the button all day but my voice won't go through, I don't know why."

Aryn says: "They didn't stay, Nikki. Thankfully. And Fritz, Swiler will be just fine with some rest and no major drama. He's had a stroke but I don't think it was a bad one. *she pauses then corrects herself* Well not that a stroke is good but he will recover fully, I believe."

Fritz says: "A what? What's a stroke? *his eyes widen with worry*"

Aryn says: "Well.. It's.. *she frowns* it's something that happens within the body sometimes that paralyzes part of the body. It usually leaves someone weak on one half of their body and affects their speech. It also causes some of the muscles in the face to look like they are drooping. I'm not sure what causes it but generally people make a full recovery and only need a little therapy afterwards."

Fritz says: "*he whimpers* poor Swiler.. he seemed fine the other day *he starts to tear up and rubs his eyes*"

Aryn says: "Swiler will be okay, Fritz."

Nikki Bee says: "It's my fault. I told him what had been said on the radio, and it seems like it's some kind of action from different persons against San D'Oria. Swiler gets very upset with those attacs." ((She's speaking of Halifax announcing the second round of Puk kidnappings and putting part of the blame on San d'Oria for reporting the original one. But in all the excitement here, at no point were any of the townspeople warned that there was a recent pirate attack two towns away...))

Fritz says: "I hope so.. everyone is sick or dying, the last few years are like a bad dream..."
Fritz says: "That's not your fault.. and people like us, it was probably just stupid Avren pretending to be a bunch of people because she's a liar and evil."

Aryn says: "*she rubs her brow* For now, I think its best we keep the radio chatter away from Swiler. "

Aryn says: "The important thing we need to do now is keep the drama down and keep the stress away. *she looks around wearily* Please."

Keep the bold text in mind.

THE NEXT DAY

4831-0.31: Avren Banner says: "Awww, they went and /locked/ the cookie barrel, are you kidding me?"

Nikki Bee says: "Someone needs to be outside and warn if Avren comes back again. Who knows what she did now."
Nikki Bee says: "She could have walked around and been taking things from the kitchen or who knows."
Nikki Bee says: "*she walks into the kitchen* Did you move the food from here, Fritz? Because it's very empty here now."

Aryn says: "*she carefully lets Swiler rest back against the wall before moving outside*"
Aryn says: "I really wish she would stay the hell away. *she mutters*"

Fritz says: "*he starts to cry* why can't we just have her arrested? She's terrorizing us now!"
Fritz says: "No I didn't, did she steal all my stuff?!"
Fritz says: "I ad a lot of stuff, all the olives Elyos gave me and everything"
Fritz says: "Can't someone go on the radio and ask people to arrest her? Now she's terrorizing and stealing too! She can't just keep doing this!"

Aryn says: "*she frowns deeply as she steps into the kitchen, turning to Nikki*"
Aryn whispers to Nikki Bee.

Fritz says: "Why would she steal from me? What did I ever to to that horrible woman? *he sobs*"

Swiler Bee says: "*he wakes and struggles to get Aryn's attention, his arm waving* Alooo falmmmy bevvvvva"

Swiler Bee says: "*frowning and visibly trying hard to calm down he scrawls out another painstaking note* "

Aryn says: "*hearing him speaking she walks back to the house and moves to sit beside him once more*"

Fritz says: "Everything is gone!"
Fritz says: "She's evil!"

Swiler Bee says: "*again he stares at his work and his brown knits in angry confusion, letting out a big puff of air he points at it anyway*"

4831-1.03: Swiler Bee points at note "*a large, uneven childlike scrawl* i mVed FOd ---- Ptry" held by Swiler Bee.

4831-1.03: Aryn says: "*she reads the note then sighs in relief* Fritz, check the panty. Swiler moved it all."

4831-1.03: Swiler Bee says: "Alloooga .... *he points frantically, calling out* Alllooooga .... IIii .... "
4831-1.03: Swiler Bee says: "*hearing Aryn he turns to her in relief and nods* "
4831-1.03: Swiler Bee says: "*he starts another note*"
4831-1.03: Swiler Bee says: "*he stares at the result and tries again, frowning in frustration*"
4831-1.03: Swiler Bee says: "*he scribbles over and tries again*"

4831-1.03: Fritz says: "*he sniffles, calming down* o-okay... did you make the lock on the barrel? I don't have a key for it.. it was supposed to be for if animals attack someone, so anyone can help heal themselves.. I don't put much in there... I still think someone should arrest her, every time I see her it makes me cry, she cant keep coming here... *he wipes his eyes frantically* she's the only person in the whole entire world that I wouldn't be sad if they died."

4831-1.04: Swiler Bee says: "*He's starting to look agitated but then he re-reads what he's been trying to write and starts to laugh instead ... Nothing like his his normal laugh it's wheeze and chuffing and a little desperate. He points to the note*"

4831-1.04: Swiler Bee points at note "*a large, uneven childlike scrawl* CAAAAAM dwn VrYone" held by Swiler Bee.

4831-1.04: Aryn says: "*she chuckles ready his newest note* Swiler says for everyone to calm down."

4831-1.04: Swiler Bee says: "*he holds up a handful of keys suddenly unsure of which is which*"

4831-1.04: Raaj says: "I'm going to radio...."

Fritz says: "I think it begins with 15... *he sighs* I could make a new barrel I guess... no one told me they were locking it or I would have taken out the food and put it in rhe free container with other food.."

Raaj says: "*he leans over the radio and utters* no one knows which way she took off right?"

Fritz says: "I was still inside..."

Aryn says: "Probably towards Olip. The first time she came through she went towards Moku."

Fritz says: "It says lock number 15547504... so I guess if anyone sees that key.. I'd really like access to my stuff..."
Fritz says: "*he rubs his arms and sniffles*"

Swiler Bee says: "*he tries to hand Aryn the key but drops it instead*"

Aryn says: "*she picks the key up from the floor, she gives Swiler a quick kiss to his cheek before she moves outside*"

Swiler Bee says: "Luufa ... Luufa ... *he waves his arm, holding up a note to the window* "

You see Swiler Bee point at note "*a large, uneven childlike scrawl* Frz B sfe --- kep xPEN fod LKD " held by Swiler Bee.

Raaj says: "*he grits his teeth. Listening to them in the background, gripping the receiver of the radio*"

Fritz says: "But then if someone gets hurt they have to wait for me to get healing food for them anyway.. so I may as well not put it out if I have to lock it."

Fritz says: "That's why I put so little in there, nothing important... just cookies and little bits of some other things for scratches orsparring bruises.."

Raaj says: "For now on we keep the foodstuffs locked. Unless it's the basics. Hearings will remain locked... "
Fritz says: "Thank you for moving the kitchen sruff though.. I was worried.."

Raaj says: "Healings. Ugh... "
Raaj says: "Wait- what...? *he looks to Fritz* "

Fritz says: "Okay.. *he sighs* I'll move it to the pantry then, there's no point having a barrel just to lock things.."

Swiler Bee says: "*he half-shrugs and gives a sloppy nod, flopping back down again*"

Fritz says: "That's just silly.. it was only there so sleepers and citizens have access and don't complain about leaders being too sleepy to help them.. I always thought it was a good idea.."

Raaj says: "Stop for a second. "
Raaj says: "Are you telling me that she DIDNT steal from us? "

Fritz says: "Also I use it for tools for people to borrow, like cooking stones. So it can't be locked."
Fritz says: "No, Swiler said he moved everything into the pantry."
Fritz says: "But I had no idea before he said so."

Raaj says: "...... Well fuck me sideways. *he mutters angrily to himself*.... Here I am being a damn idiot asking for help on the damn radio. "
Raaj says: "In any case, what I said is done. She has a warrant out for her, for a reward and I've told people she's using Abergine's vehicle for her run. I'm tired if her issues and her crap. So I won't take back what I said. One way or another- if she comes back here she's dead. Does everyone understand this? "

Aryn says: "Sounds good to me."

Raaj says: "*he yawns, rubbing his face wearily as he continues to listen to the radio*"

Nikki Bee says: "As she has behaved, we can be as evil back and say that she did steal."

Raaj says: "Yep. Watch... One day someone will have her tied and gagged for us. That'd be great, "
Raaj says: "I'm sorry I didn't come and see Swiler... I had thought they really did steal. "

((Stop drooling at the thought there, Raaj)

Nikki Bee says: "And while we talk about it, I don't have access to the healing food, it might be good if I had."

Nikki Bee says: "I thought so too, the last time I looked it was a lot of things in there and I asked Fritz to move it. But in a way, I liked how it turned out now. *she grins*"

Raaj says: "You'll get access. I'll also see about making more backups of healing liquid as well. We need to make sure everything gets locked. And those who need access keys."
Raaj says: "and I do too Nikki. She keeps poking the bear coming through here, "

Fritz says: "I gave my extra pantry key to Swiler, I had made it for Seth... I can make more copies but I don't have a lotta iron, I used my iron and steel to make more kitchen equipment.."
Fritz says: "She might've taken from the container, unless it's really been that empty, I haven't been checking enough..."

Fritz says: "She only comes through to make us upset, she has no reason to pass through here after what she did and after she claimed she was afraid to ever come back, acting like a little victim when she's a monster.. she needs to be stopped..."
Fritz says: "*he adds almost in a whisper* I've never ever hated anyone before but I hate her..."
Fritz says: "*he returns to Nelson's side and hugs him tightly, sighing*"

Raaj says: "It's okay to Fritz. She's making the whole coast hate her. "

Nikki Bee says: "Raaj, I'm not sure everyone in town knows what has been happening. Maybe you can tell so they understand why we are acting like we do."

Nikki Bee says: "Also, maybe we should put all sleepers in a separate room? Who knows who is listening with sleepy ears and find a way to communicate that information?" ((Is this even allowed? It seems very much an OOC motivation.))

a woman in her twenties says: "Not me, please. I'm wide awake. I think I need to move around awhile. The radio is making my brain numb."

Fritz says: "I've never felt this mad at someone, ever, it makes me feel even more sick just knowing she can get away and laugh at us.. it's an awful feeling.."

Second half tomorrow, where Sadness jams into high gear.
Carrot Lord

Postby Carrot Lord » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:10 pm

You say: "*dramatically falls on the cot, curling up and screeching* *what is it doing is it crying what*"
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:59 am

Bottom-to-top

anon wrote:5122-3.01: A says: "**honey"
5122-3.01: A says: "*he giggles and hands out bits of the flaky hiney pastry*"
HFrance

Postby HFrance » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:06 pm

The best explanation of what is Cantr II

A man in his twenty: How to play this?

A mas in his tirthy: (ooc: Create a character and live!)
Cantr II is a social simulator. What is not working is due a problem in the society.
Cantr is like Vegas - what happens in the game should be in the game.
"It's a virtual world, not a theme park!" (Richard Bartle)
Camel

Postby Camel » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:37 pm

XXXX-X.XX: XXXXX says: "See, YYYY didn't know that clothes are weightless. To be honest, it did look like a heavy coat. It's not his fault that laws of nature don't make sense."

This one made me chuckle
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:36 am

Actually, clothes have weight now, I believe. Isn't it like 10 grams each?

Return to “General Discussion”