Stupid Piers

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Genevieve

Stupid Piers

Postby Genevieve » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:41 am

ARG!!!!!!! I hate PIERS ANTHONY! He's a JERK!
onehempcat

thats so funny

Postby onehempcat » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:43 am

thats funny
west

Postby west » Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:35 am

You know, I was hoping this would be about him. Why, what'd he do?
I'm not dead; I'm dormant.
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:11 pm

I was wondering what happened to my char there. >_< Jerk.
Sicofonte wrote:SLURP, SLURP, SLURP...

<Kimidori> esperanto is sooooo sexy^^^^
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:29 pm

:x :x :x :x :x My feelings exactly, Genevieve :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:36 pm

I had only a second to check things out last night before I went to work, and I wished I hadn't. I went in to find that Piers had slaughtered almost the entire town of Cantr City! (luckily my char was spared, for some reason). I went to work, furious the whole night. :x

As a good friend of mine has been known to do a lot of lately, i kept repeating to myself "it's only a game, it's only a game" :lol:

What pisses me off most is that I was on here most of yesterday, and I leave for only an hour and a half, and all this happens. Why couldn't he have done it earlier in the day!
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:04 pm

I swear, there's some sort of organization dedicated to ensuring that nobody lives in Cantr City. >__<
ARGH! I think, that if I get another char in CC I'm just going to get extremely frustrated and start stabbing people. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Sicofonte wrote:SLURP, SLURP, SLURP...

<Kimidori> esperanto is sooooo sexy^^^^
SierraBreez

Postby SierraBreez » Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:10 pm

aww man I checked it last night and things were starting to look up and I was gonna do more with it today and i get back and my char is dead. :cry: Man I loved that char. I wonder what's gonna happen now with most everyone dead. Are William and Phaedra still alive?
I also don't remember who Piers was.
west

Postby west » Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:30 pm

I thought this thread would be about Piers Anthony, the fantasy book author. :(

I think this mass-murdering thing is getting out of hand

could this be some sort of CR breach? His player saw how easy it was to kill everyone in Krif and decided to do the same thing there?
I'm not dead; I'm dormant.
Sico van der Meer

Postby Sico van der Meer » Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:13 pm

I don't think it is a CR breach. Piers seems to be the leader of Alenz Hills, and about what he told in Cantr City, I understand that he did see how easy the three bandits killed half of the community. Either he thought: if it is that simple, let's take the city over, but it might also be possible that he was afraid Lad would hear about it and would take Cantr City that easy. However, the city is almost empty now. Who was not killed, ran away. William Delano is still there, although even his wife Phaedra left him, and I am not sure whether Katie Mlee and her workers are still in their building.
sammigurl61190

Postby sammigurl61190 » Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:14 pm

Who the hell is Piers? LOL
Meh

Postby Meh » Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:28 pm

Estimating that 1% is a maximum number of murderous indivduals.
The 0.2% (8) that I have seen or heard about have now eliminated 2% (80) of the population in my estimation. If the other 0.8% were that "successful" 1 in 5 characters would be slain.

In the 0.2% I'm only including the sucessful ones not the uncessful ones that are quickly jailed or dispatched.

It is the 20% success rate of the violent individuals that is the problem. Now is that a game issue, a local goverment issue, a CR issue or par for the course?
thingnumber2

Postby thingnumber2 » Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:30 pm

I think it's not an issue..it's just cantr's history...maybe someday, we will get out of all this killing...
Meh

Postby Meh » Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:08 pm

thingnumber2 wrote:I think it's not an issue..it's just cantr's history...maybe someday, we will get out of all this killing...

That wouldn't model society very well. :D
ephiroll

Postby ephiroll » Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:50 pm

David Goodwin wrote:Estimating that 1% is a maximum number of murderous indivduals.
The 0.2% (8) that I have seen or heard about have now eliminated 2% (80) of the population in my estimation. If the other 0.8% were that "successful" 1 in 5 characters would be slain.

In the 0.2% I'm only including the sucessful ones not the uncessful ones that are quickly jailed or dispatched.

It is the 20% success rate of the violent individuals that is the problem. Now is that a game issue, a local goverment issue, a CR issue or par for the course?

I don't think that the death rate is really so out of control, we have so little crime in modern society just because of the billions spent on police work. If the successrate of the criminals goes up or they become more orgainized then that could be a problem. Thing is bad guys normally don't last very long, they tend to have a quick turnoff, and very few really get very well armed.
http://www.ephiroll.com
Jeremiah 'Jerry' Donaldson

Return to “General Discussion”