RP praise!

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

PaintedbyRoses

Re: RP praise!

Postby PaintedbyRoses » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:17 am

I thought that she acknowledged that she had made mistakes (at least in the role playing) and that she intended to play according to the rp rules from now on. I'm not sure about the rest of it or that I even heard complaints about all that other stuff before now. Here, on the forums, I have only seen complaints about sadistic rp and the killing of old, beloved characters.
cutecuddlydirewolf

Postby cutecuddlydirewolf » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:27 am

muidoido wrote:That's not the reason why so many players dislike her at all. Cantr had way worse villains in the past and the players were well received in the community even with said villains. You should read again some of the complaints against her before pointing fingers at an entire gaming community. There's accusations of cheating in general, OOC coordination, distasteful RP done without consent from the others, public sex RP within that group and a lot more. While I'm sure PD is doing as much as they can to address each report, rhere's a large group of players feeling targeted for OOC reasons and they won't feel less targeted because you and another two or three players are trying to bully them out of complaining.

I'm feeling pretty bullied myself here. This community has become very toxic in recent years. I hardly visit the Discord channel or forum anymore.
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:19 am

ToxikCoffee makes a reasonable request. Let's not fight about whether we should fight?
Nonetheless, I think there have been good discussions going around about violence, etc. But if you want to give targeted complaints, maybe duke out your opinions at #vent or #debate?
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
Rocket Frog

Postby Rocket Frog » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:04 pm

Well, my interaction with En Kell has been... short, but in the meantime I got a satisfactory impression from the character.
I cannot address about the complaints I'm reading right now on this thread because I came to know the situation the past week, and the complains between a day ago and right now.

I have some good praises to give too about some other characters, but right now I can't because reasons. But I could name Revel Stride. He actually really affected my character and I could say that a really big part of what he became over the base of what her personality was is because Revel.
I didn't had many interactions with him neither. I played that role too fast (something that I will correct on my other characters). But what I had was enough.

This has been my first 2 praises. Sorry if anything, I'm new to this!!
See you next time!!
muidoido

Postby muidoido » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:16 pm

cutecuddlydirewolf wrote:I'm feeling pretty bullied myself here. This community has become very toxic in recent years. I hardly visit the Discord channel or forum anymore.

I'm not against you or your right to RP whatever you want and you know it, but I won't bully anyone from sharing their thoughts about their experience in Cantr and I don't like that some players are trying to. Each player sees the game from its own point of view and it's enriching and healthy to listen to others and learn from them as it is to share our own experiences.

If some players are feeling cheated and personally targeted by others, we should all pay attention and try to fix it. And if some players want to play villains, it's their right to do so, within the confines of the game rules. It's all part of Cantr and as I said, we had worse villains in the past then En Kell, wiping out entire towns in a one night raid, chasing specific language groups across the game, etc., and that didn't cause this much OOC trouble, so we need to figure out what is going on.
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:04 pm

But is it enriching and healthy to listen to others when they call you a monster IRL for the choices a character of yours makes IG?
PaintedbyRoses

Postby PaintedbyRoses » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:37 pm

muidoido wrote:
cutecuddlydirewolf wrote:I'm feeling pretty bullied myself here. This community has become very toxic in recent years. I hardly visit the Discord channel or forum anymore.
If some players are feeling cheated and personally targeted by others, we should all pay attention and try to fix it. And if some players want to play villains, it's their right to do so, within the confines of the game rules. It's all part of Cantr and as I said, we had worse villains in the past then En Kell, wiping out entire towns in a one night raid, chasing specific language groups across the game, etc., and that didn't cause this much OOC trouble, so we need to figure out what is going on.
I disagree. It's not the job of other players to "fix" problems like this. It is a matter for the staff to resolve. It's unclear to me if this is taking place or not but it's really none of my business, either.
ToxikCoffee

Postby ToxikCoffee » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:44 pm

Okay! Um! *clears throat*

My praise right now goes to Fix, the current leader of Plaekur Shores. The subtle (and not so subtle) detail expressed in his emotes and speech really bring his character alive, as though he's a real person. Well done!
"My most traumatizing moment was being stuck in a cage without ice cream. Also I eat my hamburgers like I eat my hockey pucks."
muidoido

Postby muidoido » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:28 pm

PaintedbyRoses wrote: I disagree. It's not the job of other players to "fix" problems like this. It is a matter for the staff to resolve. It's unclear to me if this is taking place or not but it's really none of my business, either.
I meant as a community, we should work towards having a fun and healthy environment to play. I didn't mean to go Punisher style after other players.
Rocket Frog

Postby Rocket Frog » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:50 pm

Sooo... Today... Today I want to praise some character that made a lot of many of my days. A character that somehow made it through the invisible wall we all have and that keep us apart from what we act and interpret with our character; with her unique and lively way of being, I can't deny that she occupied part of my daily thoughts often, and disorganized and made a mess of my herd of goats. This character is Tara Golden.

I had this praise on the inkwell for a long time now. I owed it to you, Tara Golden. Now, here it is. Thanks for everything. Specially the times I couldn't stop laughing!!
ToxikCoffee

Postby ToxikCoffee » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:09 pm

Not sure if this dude ever got praise, but I'm rooting for Fritz Kellan! He's excellent at responding to environmental stimuli, such as temperature, weather, and the emotions of others around him. Many roleplayers should adopt his example of a good character, in my opinion!
"My most traumatizing moment was being stuck in a cage without ice cream. Also I eat my hamburgers like I eat my hockey pucks."
Genie
LO - Turkish/RD - Tailor

Postby Genie » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:09 am

From a player who wants to remain anonymous.
You made yourself a loyal fan, Gin's player!
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Edgar Allan Poe
notsure

Postby notsure » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:24 pm

Oh, Manny! Why'd ya have ta go?
redRob

Postby redRob » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:04 pm

Just a few characters I'd like to mention, long overdue. Definitely more I'd like to talk about but might give away too much at the moment!

Gin- You regularly make me laugh, a welcome dose of cynicism in a world filled with idealism....like a drunken, cynical "littlest hobo", travelling around bringing each town you visit a healthy dose of somber/depressing reality. The retarded dolls comment had me dying.

Peyton Sands- Your character is great. Love your writing style an how inclusive you are with those around you. Very descriptive emotes, a character with a lot of depth.

En Kell - The tension she causes is great. Thank you for stirring up drama everywhere you go. Haven't had many chances to RP with her but have experienced a lot of quality scenes ~because~ of her. The day your crew docked to a ship I was on ranks up there with some of the most intense moments I've experienced in my time playing Cantr.

Winter- You didn't play for too long and probably won't see this/don't have an account here but thanks for playing "good guard, bad guard" with me. Some of those scenes were golden, really enjoyed the silly dialogue we often had, you played along so well. Similarly, honorable mention to Opal and Oda for the same reasons.

Dwight - Haven't had too much contact with you char but love the commitment to an accent, very amusing character. Hope you stick around!

Dragonfly - It took your character several attempts to dye socks a specific color...love the attention to detail. Some characters bring a certain level of -presence- to the game, they make the world seem a bit more alive. You're definitely one of them, glad our characters crossed paths.

Grant Rutherby - Truly spectacular, wonderful, amazing and fantastic. When he wants to be this character is really expressive, more than a bit amusing. Honorable mention goes to everyone in a certain pirate obsessed town, to be honest. Really love
the atmosphere there.
ToxikCoffee

Postby ToxikCoffee » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:41 pm

Let me drop praise for Derek Smalls here, he is hilarious and makes me laugh often.

Return to “General Discussion”