Leaving Cantr Briefly

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

lee-whiteout

Leaving Cantr Briefly

Postby lee-whiteout » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:24 pm

I'm new to Cantr compared to most of the folks here, and I've never run into the situation of needing to leave for more than 20 days (in my case it'll probably be a little over a month). I've got some characters who I can just have stock up on food, but I've got one or two loners who can't or wouldn't have for that much food. Is there etiquette for this?
Shedevil

Re: Leaving Cantr Briefly

Postby Shedevil » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:22 pm

If you go to the settings page, and scroll down to manage on leave status, you can put up to 90 days leave where your characters won't be deleted due to inactivity. Otherwise all you have to do is just log into your account once in a 20 day period to restart the counter.
Oh look, another glorious morning… makes me SICK!
Bmot
Game Mechanics Chair / HR/PD Member

Postby Bmot » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:18 pm

Yes, however, the "on leave" status won't stop your characters from dying through in-game influences, they will still starve from hunger, etc.

If you find it easier, and depending on how attached you are to the characters you can't make arrangements for as far as food and protection goes, you could end their lives yourself, either through the "Life and Death" menu in the character settings, or by asking the Players Department through the contact form on the website.

Cantr has no means of keeping a char artificially alive for OOC reasons, I'm afraid.
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
Addicted

Postby Addicted » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:30 pm

Many years ago, I went on an overseas holiday. I didn't lose any of my 15 characters but I asked in game (with in game reasoning) if people could mind my characters. They got fed and sat indoors, safe and sound. I'd mind yours if asked in game.
Reveal to me the mysteries
Can you tell me what it means?
Explain these motions and metaphors
Unlock these secrets in me
Describe the vision, the meaning is missing
Won't anybody listen?
lee-whiteout

Postby lee-whiteout » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:54 pm

I did read the thing on the wiki about changing your status, I was asking more about food.
Addicted wrote:I asked in game (with in game reasoning) if people could mind my characters. They got fed and sat indoors, safe and sound. I'd mind yours if asked in game.

Thank you! I'll try to ask IC for as many as I can and just have my other characters stock up until then.
Chris

Postby Chris » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:58 pm

For loners needing food, just park them in a place with food that can be gathered and eaten raw. Set up a project with many repeats. Be sure that you have enough space in your inventory to hold the incoming food.

Return to “General Discussion”