OEnone

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Black Canyon

OEnone

Postby Black Canyon » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:06 pm

I just feel that she deserves her own thread.

Discuss.
“Now and then we had the hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.”

― Mark Twain
Black Canyon

Re: OEnone

Postby Black Canyon » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:19 am

Okay, I'll start.

My very first Cantr character spawned in Pok over sixteen years ago and OEnone was there, presiding over her kingdom. Unofficially, of course, because she resisted attempts to push her into a leadership role. My character was a bit in awe of her, she always had a mysterious air about her that kept her just out of reach. Even then she survived a massacre that wiped out most of the town and I'm sure she's survived many more since. I have come and gone from the world of Cantr at least four times since then, and I have much respect for a player who has created a character who has endured all of these years.
“Now and then we had the hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.”

― Mark Twain
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:29 am

I remember the name from when I first started playing but I don't remember the character. I didn't spawn where she was.... that I recall.

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Postby Greek » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:28 pm

Is it some character in EZ?
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
Black Canyon

Postby Black Canyon » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:39 pm

Greek wrote:Is it some character in EZ?

I don't know what EZ is.

OEnone is an iconic cantr character that has endured over 16 years and probably much more. I think that a character that has survived over a decade and a half should be recognized. I say that from the perspective of a player who has created and played numerous characters over the years, some of whom were significant, but all were ultimately allowed to die... usually due to my own neglect.

I know that the cantr world is physically larger now and the population smaller, and there is less of a chance to encounter some of these characters. However, it is the common acknowledgement and celebration of some of these "heroes" that develops and enriches the culture of cantr.

― Mark Twain
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:50 pm

Black Canyon wrote:However, it is the common acknowledgement and celebration of some of these "heroes" that develops and enriches the culture of cantr.

I agree. :D

EZ means English zone, or where English characters tend to be in Cantr.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
Addicted

Postby Addicted » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:31 am

My first character, maybe 2010, spawned in Pok and OEnone was all about the power play and was a master at manipulation. Interesting town dynamic. I remember a female character with a male name (Ed?) and a dude who kitted up as a cowboy there before later travelling and joining some notorious bad guys. My character was miserable for the first few years.
Reveal to me the mysteries
Can you tell me what it means?
Explain these motions and metaphors
Unlock these secrets in me
Describe the vision, the meaning is missing
Won't anybody listen?
Black Canyon

Postby Black Canyon » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:11 am

― Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”