RL sleepy sickness

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

miirkaelisaar

RL sleepy sickness

Postby miirkaelisaar » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:59 pm

So in recent months my characters have gotten super sleepy, which happens every so often but usually because I don't have internet at home, or am busy with something. However, right now I'm home all the time and have wifi. But sadly I've had really bad insomnia for the last decade, and it kind of started to improve, but now I seem to have developed some narcolepsy from all the insomnia, I'm so tired and hungry 24/7 that sometimes I can't read or write out things and really think of creative things like I used to, and as an artist in many areas, it really bums me out. But especially here. I miss cantr and my characters, but right now I can barely find the mental energy to have one of them keep up a conversation. They just nod and smile and fall asleep again because I also want to fall asleep IRL, I try so hard to stay up all day and sleep all night but it's like I can't every really rest at night but in the day I'm nodding constantly, and still can't sleep any time of day, just a consistent state of sleepy. It's getting a little more manageable and I hope to liven up my poor characters more soon, but yeah, if anyone happens to be annoyed at my sleepy characters, I am too and thought I'd just put this out there so if anyone else is dealing with similar issues, I feel you, and so people understand this is a real and unfortunate thing that happens to real people, not just in cantr, sadly. Thanks for reading.
“No institution can function smoothly if there is disunity among it's members.”
gudgeon

Re: RL sleepy sickness

Postby gudgeon » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:39 am

I'm impressed by some characters who can stay active around the clock.
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:51 am

I have no idea who your charaters are but I am sure I am near a couple. I always feed a sleeper for awhile, just in case. I had a friend with narcolepsy... was so hard on him. He was a surgical tech and lost his job because of it. Take care of yourself, don't worry about anything else. Maybe make sure you just log in and don't time out.

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
Alladinsane

Postby Alladinsane » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:11 am

I understand the insomnia part and for my age, it can be crippling.

I send out prayers for you Miirk!
A famous wise man once said absolutely nothing!
Rocket Frog

Postby Rocket Frog » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:13 am

First of all, whenever you read this, wherever you are, I send you a big, deep, warm and sincere hug. I hope you get well.

Can't say I understand you. Pretty much all my life has been the opposite. I've even been 3, 4 days without sleeping, or barely sleeping 1-2 hours in the worst of my mental breakdowns. Not eating, forcing myself to eat even cookies. I'm fine now, but I never tread too far from the abyss's edge unfortunately; I knock on wood tho.

Again, I wish you get well soon.
Can't say I know who your characters are sadly n_nU. Would've loved to have a nice interaction with them probably. But whenever you get better and feel like playing, we will be here.

How is your garden going?
Also, did you pay a visit to the doctor?
miirkaelisaar

Postby miirkaelisaar » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:00 am

gudgeon wrote:I'm impressed by some characters who can stay active around the clock.

I actually used to be one of them lmao, I would be on almost constantly if I could help it. I had more energy then, too, I started playing Cantr at 20 years old I think, I'm turning 30 two weeks from today and 10 years makes things change so fast...

Thanks everyone, I'm hoping it wears down a little as winter starts in a few months, I always feel more alive when I'm cold, heat just runs me down and living in a very hot desert kind of sucks.

Rocket Frog wrote:First of all, whenever you read this, wherever you are, I send you a big, deep, warm and sincere hug. I hope you get well.

Can't say I understand you. Pretty much all my life has been the opposite. I've even been 3, 4 days without sleeping, or barely sleeping 1-2 hours in the worst of my mental breakdowns. Not eating, forcing myself to eat even cookies. I'm fine now, but I never tread too far from the abyss's edge unfortunately; I knock on wood tho.

How is your garden going?
Also, did you pay a visit to the doctor?

Thank you, yeah it was like that for me for a long time, I forgot what it was like to actually sleep and I had trouble eating too, I was super skinny and weak. Now it's like the opposite, I still have trouble sleeping at night, but I do sleep for a few hours at least, or a couple hours at a time. And I eat, A LOT, some days I literally can't stop eating small meals and snacks every hour, it all burns through me and I feel like I'm actually starving and can't move unless I eat something, I have talked to my doctor and she just keeps saying to eat less carbs, which I do as much as I can help, but carbs are the cheapest and most available food source sadly. But on the plus side, I'm a lot stronger than I used to be (like despite having no energy ever, I can move a couch or carry a huge cooler of ice without help and my friends are surprised because I was so weak I couldn't pound a nail into a board). And I'm at a normal weight for once too, maybe a few pounds over, but technically I feel better than I've ever felt, it's just the energy thing, and in summer it's worse, I just can't do anything. And my doctor gave me a couple things for sleep, one is for restless leg syndrome and it works, but the one for sleep doesn't really do anything, and nothing else she gave me like melatonin, etc. has worked so far, and I try not to take anything constantly so I won't develop a dependency.

My garden is struggling too sadly XD it's so hot and dry here. But monsoon has started, so I'm hoping to start my winter garden eventually, and I'm sure that will do a lot better. I want to collect tropical fruit trees and plants eventually and make my yard more like a jungle that maintains more humidity by itself. I also have two baby tortoises now so I have to make them a nice area to live in there as they grow.
“No institution can function smoothly if there is disunity among it's members.”
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:26 am

I think my RL sickness is over and will get back to where I belong.

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
Addicted

Postby Addicted » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:30 pm

Run Dragon Run! Yay Sunni, glad you are well.
Reveal to me the mysteries
Can you tell me what it means?
Explain these motions and metaphors
Unlock these secrets in me
Describe the vision, the meaning is missing
Won't anybody listen?

Return to “General Discussion”