Cantr theories

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

alecto

Cantr theories

Postby alecto » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:17 am

I wanted to make up some weird theories about how cantr works, so here's my first:

Every character is an expert at throwing their voice like the best of ventriloquists; this explains why they can whisper to someone across two buildings. :lol:
Rocket Frog

Re: Cantr theories

Postby Rocket Frog » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:18 pm

I have a better theory: every character has a very limited range telepathic ability to cast their thoughts and feelings on others, but only one person at time.
Since this, some people can randomly catch those telepathic waves in the air sometimes and get the words and images cast from someone's mind to someone else.
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:31 pm

Rocket Frog wrote:I have a better theory: every character has a very limited range telepathic ability to cast their thoughts and feelings on others, but only one person at time.
Since this, some people can randomly catch those telepathic waves in the air sometimes and get the words and images cast from someone's mind to someone else.

That would also explain why people can whisper role-played actions, etc. from far away in addition to words.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
gudgeon

Postby gudgeon » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:41 am

How whispering emoting works could be that the character turns his back to other people, so his expression can only be seen by the one person he's talking to.
Neva

Postby Neva » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:17 am

I used to be grumpy about whisper hugs.
Rocket Frog

Postby Rocket Frog » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:56 am

gudgeon wrote:How whispering emoting works could be that the character turns his back to other people, so his expression can only be seen by the one person he's talking to.

Problem is when whispering involves whole actions like kissing,tickling someone, poking, making a face, tossing something, etc. I personally like to think my characters are really good at mimicing and being quiet while gesturing, but if the short range telepathy ever comes to the official lore... Dude, I won't hesitate on using it.

----

HARVESTER'S THEORY: those machines have both a man powered mechanical mode, and an engine powered mode. So actually they can work like some form of Escaflowne's robot, mostly mechanically, or basing their power on some engine (either purely mechanically, or with the engine generating the electrical power for moving the whole machine).

FOOD THEORY: they're just a placebo. There's no true healing (?. I refuse to think that eating a whole kilo of onions would make me heal anything. I'm not a Dovahkiin!! (lol)
Last edited by Rocket Frog on Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gudgeon

Postby gudgeon » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:03 am

Windows on house can be made solely from wood, and can completely block sight and sound. They are actually wall hatch doors.
Rocket Frog

Postby Rocket Frog » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:22 pm

RADIOS AND CARS:

While radio receptors can work without batteries nor any kind of electric power, radio emitters <<do need>> some kind of power to emit their radio waves.
My theory is that there are some sort of electro-chemical batteries. Same as cars for their spark plugs.

Return to “General Discussion”