Probability of 2 chars of the same player in one town, implied by statistics

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

gudgeon

Re: Probability of 2 chars of the same player in one town, implied by statistics

Postby gudgeon » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:21 pm

DylPickle wrote:Say something happened, and multiple sites joined together into a nation, identifying as one large group.

A player could have two citizens in that group, so long as they don't benefit unfairly from working together, and are in separate towns right?

If this happened to me I would probably let one of them travel away. It seems to me that having to constantly decide if two of your own chars benefit each other is distracting.

If more than one of my chars are on the same continent/island, I would only develope one of them, and let the others be unassuming villagers on the backdrop of their location.
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Re: Probability of 2 chars of the same player in one town, implied by statistics

Postby Joshuamonkey » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:17 pm

DylPickle wrote:Say something happened, and multiple sites joined together into a nation, identifying as one large group.

A player could have two citizens in that group, so long as they don't benefit unfairly from working together, and are in separate towns right?

I think this point is worth developing further. Starting with what's in the game rules page:
What's not allowed in all cases:
Having more than one character in both the same town and the same organization (e.g. both are town officials).

What PD can request in specific cases:
That two characters in the same organization leave the organization, regardless of location.

In other words, where they aren't in the same town, it depends on the situation. Some multi-town alliances are relatively weak associations, whereas in other cases they truly share leadership and resources, etc.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.

Return to “General Discussion”