What Would You Like to See in a Reset Cantr?

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Mafia Salad

Re: What Would You Like to See in a Reset Cantr?

Postby Mafia Salad » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:49 pm

Smaller world. Force character together into fewer larger cities.

The progress tick system is funky and I wouldn't mind seeing it go away.
Fortune Cookie Says:
You should consider a career change, you'd make an excellent doormat.

[quote]1441-7: You skillfully kill a racoon using a broom.[/quote]
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:59 pm

If the world was more dangerous or difficult to survive in alone, you could force people to group together while maintaining a large map.
PaintedbyRoses

Postby PaintedbyRoses » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:03 pm

Oh, holy moley! How did I not think of this before?

Cannibals!!! When you look at a human body, you would get the option to take it as meat. Human meat would be separate from animal meat but could be used in all meat recipes or eaten raw.

There could be whole communities of cannibals pretending to be regular people or proudly owning their choice. They wouldn't necessarily be evil but, if they were, they would be more feared than pirates.

As a plus, I think it would cut down on sleepers and suicidal newspawns.
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:16 am

Please no. And right after clarifying policies on graphic violence?
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
PaintedbyRoses

Postby PaintedbyRoses » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:07 pm

To Mr. J. Monkey, Esq.

Need I remind you that this is my Cantr II reset fantasy discussion, sir? As difficult as it has been to convey, it's purpose is for the sake of fantasy and humor rather than a place for serious suggestions.

Sincerely,

Ms PB Roses
raspberrytea

Postby raspberrytea » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:53 pm

PaintedbyRoses wrote:Cannibals!!! When you look at a human body, you would get the option to take it as meat. Human meat would be separate from animal meat but could be used in all meat recipes or eaten raw.

There could be whole communities of cannibals pretending to be regular people or proudly owning their choice. They wouldn't necessarily be evil but, if they were, they would be more feared than pirates.

YESSSSSS, I've wanted this forever!! The ability to eat corpses... In my fantasy Cantr, this is the case.
Joshuamonkey

Postby Joshuamonkey » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:53 pm

PaintedbyRoses wrote:To Mr. J. Monkey, Esq.

Need I remind you that this is my Cantr II reset fantasy discussion, sir? As difficult as it has been to convey, it's purpose is for the sake of fantasy and humor rather than a place for serious suggestions.

Yes, well, I don't think it detracts from the humor to reply to it.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
ToxikCoffee

Postby ToxikCoffee » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:50 pm

Joshuamonkey wrote:
PaintedbyRoses wrote:To Mr. J. Monkey, Esq.

Yes, well, I don't think it detracts from the humor to reply to it.

Let's please not fight.

I'd like a Marosia-esque combat system. There could be a setting to toggle that when on, automatically counters attacks sent a character's way, whether or not they are online.
"My most traumatizing moment was being stuck in a cage without ice cream. Also I eat my hamburgers like I eat my hockey pucks."
Joshuamonkey

Postby Joshuamonkey » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:50 pm

ToxikCoffee wrote:Let's please not fight.

I'm sorry I left out the part about being sorry. I'm aware my comment was out of place. My apologies to PaintedbyRoses. My point is that arguing can be humor as well. That being said, I think it's impossible to prevent humorous discussion of ideas for Cantr from also inspiring good ideas to implement; this has already happened.

ToxikCoffee wrote:There could be a setting to toggle that when on, automatically counters attacks sent a character's way, whether or not they are online.

This is something that has been considered, by the way. And I guess I'm not supposed to discuss beyond that unless what I say isn't serious?

In terms of a fantasy reset, I've often thought about how Jos idealized Cantr as visual- it just happened to be text since that was easier. Sometimes I've imagined a combination of Minecraft and Cantr.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
Tiamo

Postby Tiamo » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:44 am

Actually i have been looking into graphic presentation lately. Just stills, no movement.

It is doable (there are a lot of online tutorials), but you will need vector graph designs for everything that can be visible in the game, not just pictures. This is a lot of work.

Graphics would definitely change the game, but not necessarily for the better. It would look a thousand times more attractive, but in my experience graphics do limit the imagination (like books vs. movies. The book always wins).

But i definitely would like to see what the kraken looks like in Cantr. :shock:
I think ...
Joshuamonkey

Postby Joshuamonkey » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:14 am

Tiamo wrote:It would look a thousand times more attractive, but in my experience graphics do limit the imagination (like books vs. movies. The book always wins)

I tend to agree. There are enough video games out there anyway. I think once it's visual Cantr wouldn't quite be Cantr, or it would be harder to distinguish itself from other visual simulation games, though I can't think of a single visual game that doesn't have a single non-player character and where everything in the game is truly persistent and created by players.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
PaintedbyRoses

Postby PaintedbyRoses » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:02 am

*muffled recording plays*
Joshuamonkey wrote:...I think it's impossible to prevent humorous discussion of ideas for Cantr from also inspiring good ideas to implement...

Mr. J. Monkey, Esq.

So, sir, our hidden microphones have provided indisputable proof that you secretly consider the introduction of cannibalism into Cantr II to be a good, if not "inspiring," idea.

Ms PB Roses
Chair, The International Institute for the Study of Cannibals and Cannibalism, UC Berkeley
Founder and President, The Cannibal Anti-Defamation League
Last edited by PaintedbyRoses on Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
PaintedbyRoses

Postby PaintedbyRoses » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:07 am

Hit the wrong button, sorry.
Last edited by PaintedbyRoses on Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
PaintedbyRoses

Postby PaintedbyRoses » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:27 am

Tiamo wrote:...in my experience graphics do limit the imagination (like books vs. movies. The book always wins).
Untrue, my friend, I need say only one word...Jaws.

But, also (did you really think that was all I would say?), wouldn't it be cool if, somehow, the illustrative stills were kind of like a graphic novel (at least in style)?
Tiamo

Postby Tiamo » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:41 am

A game in graphic novel style could be really sensational, and hilarious. I really, really love the idea.
But it is not for a reset Cantr, that would be a waste, of a perfect idea and of a special game.
I think ...

Return to “General Discussion”