Observations and a bit of a ramble

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Ahrta

Observations and a bit of a ramble

Postby Ahrta » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:10 pm

Just something I find interesting......

It seems that the characters that I have who I thought would be least likely to lead in any sort of way have all fallen into leadership roles of one kind or another....one of which is most definitely not well suited but has become a town leader which makes for some interesting RP at the very least.

I find the same seems to be true as far as relationships as well... one of my male characters is surly and short tempered with a bit of a mean streak and yet there are several women who consistantly flirt with him ....which leaves me chuckling but also scratching my head...what is wrong with these women?!?

The one character I have who is actually wanting a romantic companion has had absolutely horrible luck....

Anyone else have this happen or do things generally end up as you planned for that character..just curious...
LittleSoul

Re: Observations and a bit of a ramble

Postby LittleSoul » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:21 pm

All the time. I find it to be one of the greatest parts of cantr because you never know how things will end up.

I've seen pretty rich girls who stayed lonely most of their life. Grouchy characters who have the most friends. Mean borderline abusive men who attract the most women. Cowardly leaders with everything at their disposal, and brave newspawns with nothing to their name. Commonly, an intended thief turned good citizen.

It's pretty awesome and bizarre. I see stereotypes often broken or tropes turned on their heads. It usually makes for deeper characters, which I appreciate.
Mitch79

Postby Mitch79 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:58 am

I like finding the ones out of the ordinary. I like having spontaneous things happen and things that aren't "normal". I like the unexpectedness sometimes. It makes the rp more interesting which I've needed more of lately.
Alladinsane

Postby Alladinsane » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:29 am

Generally mine end up doing what I had designed them to do.

I had one who was kind of goofy that was taken as a religious apprentice and transformed when "The keeper" got ahold of him. The 'wisdom' acquired helped him rise to leadership of Brunoisy as he liked to call it... it was a pretty large town at the time with citizenship running in the twenties. He had a nose bleed one day that turned into an aneurysm and dropped right in the potato fields. R.I.P. Ted "Talon" Dibere.

Generally if I design them unique, I can hold the char through force of will alone (e.g. Cecily "the weather girl with the pearl" Sardonic).

But often I see chars changing when the environment changes. Or a bad habit.
A famous wise man once said absolutely nothing!

Return to “General Discussion”