Webzine

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Webzine

Postby Joshuamonkey » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:54 pm

I think this deserves a topic, for questions, suggestions, and acclamations about the Webzine.

The long-awaited Cantr II Webzine has been released! The new Webzine was setup by Kendo.
Webzine articles will be categorized by language and then by topic or type of post. The current English categories are Stories, Game Updates, Art, and Gameplay. More categories (and languages) can be added in the future as needed. To submit content to the Webzine, you can send text to the Webzine using Cantr's contact form (see the bottom of the player page). You can also send text or attachments to webzine@cantr.net.
What's more (and preferred), you can request an account on the Webzine (which uses WordPress), to post yourself. In your request for an account, submit at least one article you'd like to post.
Also, we need Webzine editors! Please apply to the Public Relations Department (Editorial Board) to be a Webzine editor (and we do need help in other areas as well). We'd prefer to have at least one editor for each language.
If you're interested in providing translations of your own articles or other's articles, please contact the Webzine or Joshuamonkey.
As a note, we may be adding the content of the previous Webzine from years ago. We still have it.

Previous suggestions for the Webzine:
- Arcticle on a featured character
- Article on a featured location/area (history?)
- Article/Interview on a featured player
- Article/Interview with a member of staff
- Summary of important/popular/interesting/funny forum discussions during
that month
- Funny IC/OOC quotes
- Cantr Statistics - (largest towns/demographics etc... I'd really like to
see some stats on current projects - not in details - but an overview...)
- Description/summaries of any new additions to Cantr
- Staff changes - articles on leaving staff as a thankyou
- Tips/trick on playing Cantr - minute saving etc...
- Player artwork/poems/short stories
- Letters from readers
- Editorial column/Monthly intro...
- Game admin board section
- Reviews of outside sites (in return for mentions in their newsletters? -
maybe get in contact with the marketing dept. on that...?)
- Diaries of current characters
- Best RPd/Most influential character of the month
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
Chemosh

Re: Webzine

Postby Chemosh » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:19 pm

I'm apparently not authorized to reference the old webzine.
Joshuamonkey

Postby Joshuamonkey » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:25 pm

My mistake. I just put the list of suggestions from it instead (see my first post).
Joshuamonkey's Blog
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
Undine

Postby Undine » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:53 pm

There should be a link for the Webzine on the character page, right next to the forum link :D
Undine

Postby Undine » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:28 pm

Woo let's make this happen! I just put up a new article, and I hope that it's the first of many from a whole bunch of people! If you have any ideas for articles, just go for it, because this Webzine desperately needs content! :lol:
MonkeyPants4736

Postby MonkeyPants4736 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:58 pm

Thank you for adding content, Undine. :) It would be neat to see similar submissions from lots of place around Cantr, so that players could get a little feel for parts of the world where they might not have a char to get to experience it first hand.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:25 pm

Just don't make too detailed posts about areas/resources/people etc. Such things are meant to be found out in-game.
HFrance

Postby HFrance » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:14 pm

What i have to put in there?

"The gods were very grumpy when they created the people speakers of Portuguese and Lithuanian. Placed next to each other and with very low possibility of understand each other, plus, the gods placed they within a complicated wrapping, with only a hole in the farthest part of this dungeon. And still put Poles to watch this output. Or input? - For it seems that this end-of-the-world, isolated of the global history, will be the last frontier to be conquered by other people. Gift from the gods - for whom?"
Cantr II is a social simulator. What is not working is due a problem in the society.
Cantr is like Vegas - what happens in the game should be in the game.
"It's a virtual world, not a theme park!" (Richard Bartle)
Joshuamonkey

Postby Joshuamonkey » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:18 pm

HFrance wrote:"The gods were very grumpy when they created the people speakers of Portuguese and Lithuanian. Placed next to each other and with very low possibility of understand each other, plus, the gods placed they within a complicated wrapping, with only a hole in the farthest part of this dungeon. And still put Poles to watch this output. Or input? - For it seems that this end-of-the-world, isolated of the global history, will be the last frontier to be conquered by other people. Gift from the gods - for whom?"

I think messages like this are good; it just might need more to it, like a story to go along with it. Also, we should have a Portuguese section of the Webzine too.
Joshuamonkey's Blog

Return to “General Discussion”