Goodbye, everyone

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

*Wiro

Re: Goodbye, everyone

Postby *Wiro » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:53 am

Thank you all for your kind posts and messages. I'm a bit busy in real life at the moment, but will try to answer everyone's private messages and posts as soon as possible. Hopefully within the week.

If you'd like to stay in touch, do send me a PM. Also, I'd love to hear the stories about our characters that interacted over the past two years. I'll answer any question!

As for the top 100: don't worry, that is still happening. I just need a bit more time and space to take care of things. I'm glad to have been a part of this experience and am sad to see it come to a permanent end. Some things are not under our control. :')
Read about my characters by following this link.
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:24 pm

:roll:

Also, I'll go and post those top 100 results now.
MonkeyPants4736

Postby MonkeyPants4736 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:44 am

*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:26 pm

Booooook! Hahaha.

Small apology: I know I've been terrible about responding to my PMs everyone, but know that I'm not ignoring you. I'd love to talk so please be patient.
MonkeyPants4736

Postby MonkeyPants4736 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:18 pm

There once was a man
With powdery hand
Clutching one envelope
In it were 7 envelopes
Each containing 7 envelopes
Except that one that contained 80 envelopes.
And one that contained 52 envelopes.
And one that contained 70 envelopes.

Probably the only Cantrian in history to acually have about 10 categories for trash envelopes alone.
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Postby Greek » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:00 pm

I've (probably) never met any of your character, but many thanks for your hard work in Resources Department. Many important projects wouldn't be completed without your participation.
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:47 pm

Thanks, Greek! It was an honour to work alongside you. :)

I came back to the forum for a bit to say I'm a bit surprised that so many details of my PD case have been leaked repeatedly despite my keeping them private. It's rather frustrating to be contacted by people who have more information than even I was given, especially after all the fuss PD has made over Axiom's case going public. I'm considering publicly sharing the communication with PD for transparency, as it has already been shared with non-PD members by people within the department.

In other news I've actually still not responded to the majority of my messages. If you'd really like to talk don't be afraid to send another message as a reminder. I'd love to chat about old memories.
Jaxon

Postby Jaxon » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:36 pm

I may be leaving soon as well. Not a fan of saying who I play, but it's becoming really difficult to log in and see the only notifications I have are a animal attack or food I consumed. Is anything being done to liven up the game for new players?
sherman
Public Relations Chair/Translator-Finnish (PR)

Postby sherman » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:59 pm

New players won't necessary help that if they see same as you. We need to wake up existing players too
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
-Erwin Rommel-
Money

Postby Money » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:47 pm

Jaxon wrote:I may be leaving soon as well. Not a fan of saying who I play, but it's becoming really difficult to log in and see the only notifications I have are a animal attack or food I consumed. Is anything being done to liven up the game for new players?

Have you tried simply spawning a few more characters and seeing if any other locations are a little more active? I always roll the dice and give it one more shot before pushing the big green x, unless real life is whats causing me to quit.

sherman wrote:New players won't necessary help that if they see same as you. We need to wake up existing players too

Agreed, but I think most things which would bring more new players would also wake up existing ones.
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:55 pm

Edited by PD.
nateflory

Postby nateflory » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:56 pm

Jaxon wrote:I may be leaving soon as well. Not a fan of saying who I play, but it's becoming really difficult to log in and see the only notifications I have are a animal attack or food I consumed. Is anything being done to liven up the game for new players?

There's a fair number of active towns I'm in. One was sdleepy until I stole something and it woke right up. If your people are active, it may inspire others to be acvtive too. Silence from Everyone jsut leads to silence from everyone. Talk to the sleepers, or travel a bit, the Actions's out there, if you make it happen or encourage it.
---------------------------------
"Nature may reach the same result in many ways." - Nikola Tesla
"Dare to be naïve". - "Unity is plural and, at minimum, is two." - Bucky Fuller
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:30 pm

Seriously contemplating leaving for the last time (mostly because my absences tend to last 2 or so RL years, and Cantr won't be around by then at the speed it is losing subscriptions.) The game is directionless, the staff seem increasingly unwilling (or worse - unable) to even pretend to try to prop up the game or resolve the many problems it has, and more and more I feel that the attitude among administration is one of "sit on the problem and it will magically disappear." And it will. If the English zone bleeds subs like it has been (I've noticed 1-2 unsubs every couple of days after watching for a week) it'll be dead within a year or so.

And it's not because it's a dying genre or lacks pictures. Don't give me that, either. Many other games in the genre of text-based RPG are experiencing a renaissance and growing players. It's dying because nobody seems to care enough to save it.
Money

Postby Money » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:45 pm

*Wiro wrote:Edited by PD.

So this is what an email from PD looks like, while the circumstances surrounding its leak are unfortunate I'm pleased to see that it clearly communicates the problem, outlines a process by which this issue can be resolved and laced with underhanded attacks/threats. While I hadn't put much stock in the really over the top stuff was alleged I can't say it didn't make me wonder exactly what was going on behind closed door.

Wolfsong wrote:Seriously contemplating leaving for the last time (mostly because my absences tend to last 2 or so RL years, and Cantr won't be around by then at the speed it is losing subscriptions.) The game is directionless, the staff seem increasingly unwilling (or worse - unable) to even pretend to try to prop up the game or resolve the many problems it has, and more and more I feel that the attitude among administration is one of "sit on the problem and it will magically disappear." And it will. If the English zone bleeds subs like it has been (I've noticed 1-2 unsubs every couple of days after watching for a week) it'll be dead within a year or so.

And it's not because it's a dying genre or lacks pictures. Don't give me that, either. Many other games in the genre of text-based RPG are experiencing a renaissance and growing players. It's dying because nobody seems to care enough to save it.

Honestly I think this out of game negativity on the forums is a huge part of that continued decline. When you have such a hard divide between what goes on in the game and the players communicating OOC this is what outsiders will think the community/game is like. We have massive progress with Jos has returning to the game, the creation of the Staff Concerns subforum, the CR being reformulated and new suggestions getting implemented. I agree some rough patches have been experienced but unrelenting fatalism, the entire time I've been playing people have worried about the imminent demise of the game, doesn't help nor add to conversation.
Rmak

Postby Rmak » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:00 pm

Its not massive progress - This is the same situation the game was in when I started.

But its the new players fault apparently
Quote Wolfsong:
They aren't playing children; they are playing mentally ill people.

:twisted: :roll: :lol: 8) :twisted:

Return to “General Discussion”