Newspawn Thievery

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Have you been a newspawn thief before?

Yes, more than 10 times
3%
Yes, more than 5 times
5%
Yes, but less than 5 times
20%
No, but was accused as one
15%
No
48%
No, I hate them and want to kill them all
10%

Total votes: 40
sherman
Public Relations Chair/Translator-Finnish (PR)

Re: Newspawn Thievery

Postby sherman » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:34 pm

Naranjita wrote:Lack of consideration towards the rest of players may be seen as a form of malice, too. Worst thing about newspawn thieves is that they're disruptive, and that's annoying. Specially when you bother to make your char go after them, not yet to chase them, but to offer them the chance to roleplay a situation, and all you get is your time wasted.

Yes, indeed this. If I chase newspawn thief I try to talk sense to them and offer them a new start. But I have seen so many just spawn, steal and then see their heart failing that it just gets so annoying. Be it new or not but doing this all without a word or rp is what bothers
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
-Erwin Rommel-
Marian

Postby Marian » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:46 pm

Naranjita wrote:Lack of consideration towards the rest of players may be seen as a form of malice, too.

I don't think you're understanding just how unfamiliar the average person is with the concept of the kind of RP that goes on in Cantr to begin with, or with many of the other things we who are used to the game take for granted. I can't think of any other game out there where exploring your surroundings or picking things up is seen as a negative thing.

Those generic 'men in their twenties' standing around they don't even necessarily always recognize as other players. I've seen a couple get confused and leave because no one spoke to them (I'm sure not realizing it would take several RL days to walk somewhere else), and one that was annoyed because they could see the other characters so clearly that meant other players were online, so why weren't they responding? :lol:
Undine

Postby Undine » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:34 pm

Marian wrote:
Naranjita wrote:Lack of consideration towards the rest of players may be seen as a form of malice, too.

I don't think you're understanding just how unfamiliar the average person is with the concept of the kind of RP that goes on in Cantr to begin with, or with many of the other things we who are used to the game take for granted. I can't think of any other game out there where exploring your surroundings or picking things up is seen as a negative thing.

Those generic 'men in their twenties' standing around they don't even necessarily always recognize as other players. I've seen a couple get confused and leave because no one spoke to them (I'm sure not realizing it would take several RL days to walk somewhere else), and one that was annoyed because they could see the other characters so clearly that meant other players were online, so why weren't they responding? :lol:

I've never actually thought about it in this way, Marian. This is a very interesting perspective! There must be some way to demonstrate the "correct" way to think before they actually get into the game, though. The tutorial island doesn't seem to help as much as it possibly could (although it certainly does help with mechanics and the like).
LegendOFCantr

Postby LegendOFCantr » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:29 pm

This thread is more popular than I thought it would be.
hyrle

Postby hyrle » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:50 pm

I've only spawned one newspawn thief. He spawned in a town where I couldn't be in due to OOC reasons (real life contact with one of the players), so he took some stuff and left. He was caught, returned most of the stuff (but did manage to keep some), and then left again.

Return to “General Discussion”