Things that annoy or puzzle you about Cantr

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

gudgeon

Re: Things that annoy or puzzle you about Cantr

Postby gudgeon » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:24 pm

sherman wrote:Amount people who just sit there sleeping (yet logging as account would timeout otherwise) is amazing to me. Wonder why people do that?

Hit them with a stick. 8)
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:39 pm

gudgeon wrote:
sherman wrote:Amount people who just sit there sleeping (yet logging as account would timeout otherwise) is amazing to me. Wonder why people do that?

Hit them with a stick. 8)

Tried that! Didn't work. I understand there are issues to prevent some from playing. It sure would be nice to get at least a whisper that says feed me... otherwise, is it someone who is having an issue or they just want that one to die?

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
gudgeon

Postby gudgeon » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:54 pm

The player probably doesn't like the town and habitually ignores that lit-up name. I personally don't get frustrated when someone starves, as I know the player is still playing in other parts of the world. I feel sad when a character dies of heart attack, as it means that we lose a player.
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:09 pm

Ah, I feed for awhile, I understand life gets in the way sometimes. Not really frustrated... but it is sad.

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:50 pm

What are the odds... one dies of a heart attack, then a newspawn in a totally different town, same name, same disability?

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
Black Canyon

Postby Black Canyon » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:39 pm

Sunni Daez wrote:What are the odds... one dies of a heart attack, then a newspawn in a totally different town, same name, same disability?

Reincarnation on steroids!
“Now and then we had the hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.”

― Mark Twain
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:02 pm

hehe....

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
Rocket Frog

Postby Rocket Frog » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:22 am

That's called Death-Step (???). A spell that only really high leveled necromancers can perform. The thing is, you die here, and through death you teleport to somewhere new where your body regenerates completely (at least till the state of decay you were when performing the spell, more or less).
:P
Black Canyon

Postby Black Canyon » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:19 am

Rocket Frog wrote:That's called Death-Step (???). A spell that only really high leveled necromancers can perform. The thing is, you die here, and through death you teleport to somewhere new where your body regenerates completely (at least till the state of decay you were when performing the spell, more or less).
:P

But.....why?
“Now and then we had the hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.”

― Mark Twain
alecto

Postby alecto » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:30 am

I have a feeling some players spawn characters with this pre-written idea of how their story will go.

I've seen a couple before and it's always hilarious seeing some newspawn who insists on RPing like some grim-dark tortured soul in the most cheery, laidback town. :lol:

Or they spawn and immediately start a crusade for or against something? You're like... you've read one note and know 2 people's names, maybe chill out a bit and work with the RP instead of interrupting the flow. :roll:
PaintedbyRoses

Postby PaintedbyRoses » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:09 am

alecto wrote:I have a feeling some players spawn characters with this pre-written idea of how their story will go.

I've seen a couple before and it's always hilarious seeing some newspawn who insists on RPing like some grim-dark tortured soul in the most cheery, laidback town. :lol:

Or they spawn and immediately start a crusade for or against something? You're like... you've read one note and know 2 people's names, maybe chill out a bit and work with the RP instead of interrupting the flow. :roll:

Because there's never anybody interrupting the flow in RL.
Black Canyon

Postby Black Canyon » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:56 pm

So... here's my annoying thing:

Shermy, by changing the Discord server, I can no longer access it because my account is unclaimed and I don't know my password. Although, that may be by design :)

So... you suck.

(Edit: No you don't really)

― Mark Twain
Addicted

Postby Addicted » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:06 am

Of course, I am a rational, sentient person and as a scientist I am definitely not superstitious, at all, ever. No need to look past the logical explanation.

To all those (mostly newspawns) who played off the day 6666 - Argh! Blah! Rarh! *ran around throwing salt and touching wood and making evil signs on her forehead*
Reveal to me the mysteries
Can you tell me what it means?
Explain these motions and metaphors
Unlock these secrets in me
Describe the vision, the meaning is missing
Won't anybody listen?
gudgeon

Postby gudgeon » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:32 am

I felt a bit disappointed when I didn't see anything special on day 6666.
Rocket Frog

Postby Rocket Frog » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:16 am

gudgeon wrote:I felt a bit disappointed when I didn't see anything special on day 6666.

Maybe we have to wait now for the day 9999.

---------

Telescopes are REALLY powerful. If you can see some docks from FAR away, you can start docking to them, literally ignoring land many times.

Return to “General Discussion”