Cantr skins

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

EchoMan

Cantr skins

Postby EchoMan » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:54 am

Here is a topic for discussing Cantr skins. Report bugs in the provided skins, discuss how to write your own and/or change existing etc.

Right now I noticed that the build menu doesn't look very good in Cantr Grey anymore. I will fix that soon.
Armulus Satchula

Re: Cantr skins

Postby Armulus Satchula » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:14 am

Would it be possible to get unique names on all forms and possible some more ids and classes on fields or at least on the wrappers around things?
Misato

Postby Misato » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:15 am

I love you guys. :D My days just got a lot greener, and it's pretties! :mrgreen:
ImageImage
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Bmot
Game Mechanics Chair / HR/PD Member

Postby Bmot » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:11 am

Just found out that in the grey skin, in the activities page, you can't read the project you're working on yourself, because the letters are the same color as the background.
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
Spaztikko

Postby Spaztikko » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:40 am

I'm using the green one, and I'm at the point where I'm considering it to be TOO GREEN.

What is wrong with me?
NostalgicMelody7

Postby NostalgicMelody7 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:37 pm

I absolutely LOVE the green one! ^_^ When I get home today, I think I'll make my own skin, though :P
Henkie

Postby Henkie » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:01 pm

Am I like.. The only one that just uses the normal page and thinks it's perfect?
Vega

Postby Vega » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:49 pm

I'm using classic too, Henkie...

I love the green blackground, but not all the letters in green.
Quebec Lima Delta November
Something like a story
Misato

Postby Misato » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:02 pm

I was actually just thinking a few days ago about how I didn't really like the orange letters against the green background of the classic view. Someone must have read my mind, because I think the green view is perfect. :D I catch myself staring at the screen even more than usual now.
ImageImage
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
NostalgicMelody7

Postby NostalgicMelody7 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:13 pm

The only problem I have with the green skin is that the background picture doesn't extend to the bottom of the screen :/ which is a shame, because it's an awesome picture!
Surly

Postby Surly » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:22 am

Henkie wrote:Am I like.. The only one that just uses the normal page and thinks it's perfect?
I find it hard to consider change after 9 years... :P
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
Reaction

Postby Reaction » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:24 am

I can't do the new skins. I appreciate the efforts and hope that they pay off in full, what with more people sneaking cantr time into their work hours, etc. But for me, they're just wrong.
oddedd

Postby oddedd » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:10 am

Loving the green one. Miss the orange bits a litle, but loving the picture too much to change back, and don't have the knowledge to make my own!
When you're falling off a cliff you might as well try to fly.
Voltenion

Postby Voltenion » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:45 pm

I liked the idea of making the grey one to help cantr addicts keep their job, well thought! I am using the +green right now and, maybe it's just a coincidence but I feel like the game is faster. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Anyway, I'm probably going to change back to normal too, I just noticed how much I like the orange details of the game.
"Delete Fu Island" activist.
Armulus Satchula

Postby Armulus Satchula » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:18 am

I'm working on a skin the blackens the background and gives different event types, different colors. IE: Attacks are red, radio messages are purple, chat is white, etc. I'm finding that it works really well for night time use and for looking at information that is only pertinent to my characters.

As much as I like the idea, the html could really use to be cleaned up to make better styles more feasible. Still, great feature, I'm loving it.

Return to “General Discussion”