CantrSpy for Android

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Navi

CantrSpy for Android

Postby Navi » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:12 am

After a nearly a week of working on it, and having a version that has the major functionality, I think it is time to announce this more publicly.

For now, I have it hosted in a Google Code project, but will hopefully have it on the Android Market soon.

It can be found here.

It is tiny, it uses next to no processing, so little battery use, and uses little bandwidth, roughly equivalent to loading the player page three times for every hour.
It is made for Android 1.5, so should work with just about every phone that has the OS.

Keep in mind that this is a very early version, so there may be bugs.

Feel free to let me know of any problems, or of any changes you would like to see. I'll do what I can to address them.
EchoMan

Re: CantrSpy for Android

Postby EchoMan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:25 am

Nice! :)

I'm about to get a new phone and leaning towards an Android. I'll make sure to check this out.
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:50 am

Awesome! :D I looove my Android phone that I got in December!
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
Rebma

Postby Rebma » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:25 am

I already told you this, but awesomesauce!

Been loving on this app all day.
kronos wrote:like a nice trim is totally fine. short, neat. I don't want to be fighting through the forests of fangorn and expecting treebeard to come and show me the way in
Auryn

Postby Auryn » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:01 pm

Yet another reason to have an Android instead of an iPhone (please note the annoying autocorrection).

Great job on the app! I'm sure a lot of lucky people will get to use it.
masterekat

Postby masterekat » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:38 pm

Oh my God. Words cannot express how much I love you right now. :lol: Timing on this is impeccable, as I just got an Android last week after about a year of not having one. Thanks, Navi!
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:44 am

Yay, something else to add to my already over-loaded phone.
Navi

Postby Navi » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:09 pm

:) I'm glad people are making use of it. I've been using it for almost a week now and have found it very useful when I'm using the phone.

I've noticed a few bugs I'll get around to fixing, but nothing serious.
Andu

Postby Andu » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:57 pm

Nice, have to try it out.:D
"An those with little fuel, could tie a pack of bears in front of their limousine, with whip and crossbow in hands to keep them in line."
masterekat

Postby masterekat » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:38 am

Just a thought...is there a way to exit out of the application without completely restarting your phone? I've noticed that it slows down a few other things I do on my phone, but I don't make use of those other things all of the time...just sometimes.
Navi

Postby Navi » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:31 am

I thought pressing back would close it, but now that I test it, that's not the case. You can do it through Settings->Applications->Manage Applications-> All (second tab on top)->CantrSpy->Force Close. That's true for all apps.

I noticed the lag too. It is especially noticeable when the connection is bad. It is waiting for the connection to finish as far as I can tell.

I'll see what I can do to fix both.
masterekat

Postby masterekat » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:44 am

Thanks! Just knowing how to turn it on and off will help immensely. If I'm using my phone to them point that I notice the lag, then odds are I'm compulsively checking Cantr anyway. Maybe if you get around to it, in a future version you could put in a link from the Cantr spy app to the players' page through default browser. That's just a case of me being lazy and not wanting to open up browser on my own, though, so its not extremely important. :P
Navi

Postby Navi » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:03 am

Clicking on the notification already opens the browser to cantr.net (or the player page if already logged in on the browser) in the version I'm working with.

I've fixed the closing problem already (and I think also the problem with the notifications still being there after the OS decides to close it, such as when the phone is not used for hours), and I am working on the lag issue.
masterekat

Postby masterekat » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:18 am

Is there a newer version than 0.1.1? It's still not opening the browser for me and I just redownloaded. It's possible its just my phone though...
Navi

Postby Navi » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:37 am

There is now (0.1.2). I think the lag issue is fixed too, but it's difficult to test. Let me know if you still notice it.

Return to “General Discussion”