CantrSpy 2

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Otherside

Re: CantrSpy 2.8

Postby Otherside » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:55 am

Same, double clicking on it does do something though. Because if I try to refresh a previous screen I have to login again manually?

Thanks Joo!
You speak in every curling wave and sing in every violent breeze.
joo

Postby joo » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:52 pm

Thank you for the reports. I have fixed this in the latest version:

CantrSpy 2.8.5

• Fixed an error causing the "open player page" function to not function.
ColormeGreen

Postby ColormeGreen » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:38 pm

joo wrote:Thank you for the reports. I have fixed this in the latest version:

CantrSpy 2.8.5

• Fixed an error causing the "open player page" function to not function.

Does this not work with certain machines/systems/browsers? I can't seem to get it to work. It will open a player page, but it won't update for me. If it helps, I'm using a laptop which has Windows 8, and I always use a Chrome browser. I can't really get much more technical than that... :S
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:31 pm

I haven't been getting CantrSpy to install at all on my computer, which is Linux Mint. The Adobe Air installer doesn't work, and when I went to Adobe Air's website it says that Adobe Air no longer works on Linux. I haven't figured out how to do the manual install either, although it seems like I'm out of luck anyway.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
joo

Postby joo » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:22 pm

ColormeGreen wrote:Does this not work with certain machines/systems/browsers? I can't seem to get it to work. It will open a player page, but it won't update for me. If it helps, I'm using a laptop which has Windows 8, and I always use a Chrome browser. I can't really get much more technical than that... :S

It should work on all versions of Windows that Adobe AIR supports, including Windows 8; so your problem may be something that can be fixed. What does it do instead of delivering updates? Does it show a question mark on the tray icon? If so, what text appears (if any) when leaving the cursor over the icon?

Joshuamonkey wrote:I haven't been getting CantrSpy to install at all on my computer, which is Linux Mint. The Adobe Air installer doesn't work, and when I went to Adobe Air's website it says that Adobe Air no longer works on Linux. I haven't figured out how to do the manual install either, although it seems like I'm out of luck anyway.

Since Adobe has abandoned Linux support, there's no reason to expect CantrSpy to work in any given distribution; nevertheless, I am still able to run it under Arch Linux, using an old version of the AIR runtime, with which CantrSpy is still compatible. The only problem is that there is no notion of a system tray icon in my window manager (and if there was, I don't know if AIR would support it), so I modified CantrSpy to print status updates to stdout, then use a bash script to display my active character number in my status bar. This is just a dirty hack, however, so I can't recommend doing the same.
ColormeGreen

Postby ColormeGreen » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:38 pm

joo wrote:
ColormeGreen wrote:Does this not work with certain machines/systems/browsers? I can't seem to get it to work. It will open a player page, but it won't update for me. If it helps, I'm using a laptop which has Windows 8, and I always use a Chrome browser. I can't really get much more technical than that... :S

It should work on all versions of Windows that Adobe AIR supports, including Windows 8; so your problem may be something that can be fixed. What does it do instead of delivering updates? Does it show a question mark on the tray icon? If so, what text appears (if any) when leaving the cursor over the icon?

Yes, it always shows a question mark no matter what. It says "Error: invalid server response" if I hover my mouse over it.
SumBum

Postby SumBum » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:53 pm

When I was using CentOS on my laptop, I was able to get CantrSpy 1 to run just fine using wine.

Yes, I still use version 1.04 because I like its features better. I occasionally get the "invalid server response" message but it doesn't seem to be happening as often lately.

Regarding that invalid server response message:
EchoMan wrote:This is something that started when we moved to the new server. We are looking to fix it soon.
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZY!! - James Brown
NancyLee

Postby NancyLee » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:21 pm

I was having the same issue than Chroma Key and Aurora with the laptop (for some reason it worked just fine in the PC) and it works again perfectly smooth after downloading that last update. Thanks joo.
“Nothing is absolute. Everything changes, everything moves, everything revolves, everything flies and goes away.”
― Frida Kahlo
AniCator

Postby AniCator » Mon May 19, 2014 9:13 am

I've been trying to get 2.8.5 working for a while now.
I'm still using 2.8.4 because it fails to update to 2.8.5. I also tried a clean install and manual one.
2.8.4 installs fine while 2.8.5 usually states that its installation package may be corrupted.
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Fri May 23, 2014 12:01 pm

I knew there was something about the new CantrSpy that was missing, then I tried the old one as well. Apparently the new one doesn't have that sound when a character has activity.

EDIT: Oh and I'd forgotten all about the list formatter, that tool helped me so much in the past. So glad to have re-discovered it.
Read about my characters by following this link.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Fri May 23, 2014 2:28 pm

For those that don't know what the item list formatter is, it can be found here.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:50 pm

Am I the only one whose CantrSpy no longer works since yesterday? "Host could not be resolved."
Read about my characters by following this link.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:37 pm

Mine works.
Not-so-sad panda
Pies
Programming Dept. Member

Postby Pies » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:25 am

Short info:
CantrSpy can currently have problems for people with access to test env. If you're one, and would prefer access to CantrSpy over TE access, then pm me, although I would greatly appreciate if instead you would check what else doesn't works. This is related to works with https.

Sorry for all problems, I hope, that they will be past soon.
dwudziestoletni mężczyzna wrote:"OOC: Jak ci się nie podoba, to nie graj. Ta gra nie szuka więcej graczy."

kaloryfer wrote:This game already has a lot of problems, new players would only bring new ones.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:33 am

[2014-06-04 12:51:01] <joo> Pies: yes. It would be good if the API could be accessed by HTTPS. I'll make that so when I get an opportunity.

It will "soon" work with https too.

Return to “General Discussion”