Players, just a thought

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Susie

Players, just a thought

Postby Susie » Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:00 pm

Is it just me or is a lot of player quitting? I see people dieing left and right in the cities that my chars are in... Whats up? Who quit? O.o

Susie.
Yo_Yo

Postby Yo_Yo » Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:35 am

A few days ago in Krif, the emperor Just up and died. At the same time half of its defenders died. I have seen people quit in many towns... But more people keep comming. It dissrupts the game flow. But what can we really do about it :?:
Vicki Vale: You're insane!
Joker: I thought I was a Pisces!
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:29 am

I am not sure, but I think these are people that did not return after the downtime - could that be the answer? So by now they are removed because of their idle accounts?
Missy

Postby Missy » Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:33 am

I don't know if that is it..but Hubby will be back tomorrow...and he hasn't had a chance to check his account yet since it's been back up...(he plans to revive the old account seeing as how those some odd days the game was down it was like it never happened) He hasn't been able to put his account on hold either because he was gone before the game was back up. I HOPE that the reason you suggested...isn't why players have been losing accounts. I'm almost sure it isn't the reason either though because I just saw someone trying to talk to one of hubbys chars the other day. Guess we'll see. :)
Cathy Willey

Postby Cathy Willey » Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:48 pm

Quite a few of the deaths lately (including the Emperor of Krif) were the result of someone overreacting to getting a message from the Players Committee asking for information about multiple accounts and the coordination of information and planning among RL friends. The message did not threaten to remove them - it asked for information, which one of them gave (making the claim that there was nothing inappropriate going on), and then the whole lot quit, totalling over 100 characters.

There was another active player who quit and then immediately resubscribed, in order to reduce his activity level. STOP THAT. :) We can remove individual characters.
Susie

Postby Susie » Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:18 pm

Is it also true that nick the mini me quit too? I know one of his chars just suddenly. Too bad that this is all happening. I never like seeing a fellow player quit. :(
Cathy Willey

Postby Cathy Willey » Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:45 pm

Okay, two active players who quit and immediately resubsribed. :)
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:07 pm

I didn't, I'm good :P
Missy

Postby Missy » Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:22 pm

What is up with all the chars in town asking to be killed like with-in just this last week?
Theres been one in almost every town I'm in....and in each town people have told them not to ask that, but rather go and ask players dept to remove them...or find a better way for their char to die.

At this rate I'll need to make a char that is someone like dr. kovorkian. :roll: lol
Pirog

Postby Pirog » Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:17 pm

Missy>

Yeah, they are a big problem...because when the others don't want to kill them they steal notes and stuff and runs, so that they are forced to kill them.

It seems like most people do this because they want to spawn in a specific area...they keep killing their characters off until they spawn where the players want.
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Mon Aug 04, 2003 6:04 pm

I just let them run. Most my characters have no reason to run after them. I keep copies of all my important notes so I just copy and drop them. And OOCly I prefer not to kill them because that would be playing into their hands, and I don't like doing that
Missy

Postby Missy » Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:30 pm

No...Lately its been differant ....
I know people like to destroy chars just so they can get someone on a certain island or town.

But this is like nothing I've seen since I've been playing. Like a whole LOOTING mess of them had done it. I can't recall all the places...I can say it was like dejavu with just about every char I checked though....kept saying to myself.."Didn't someone just do that in the LAST TOWN?" lol..anyways...:P aint happened in a few days at least in none of the towns im in.
Alcatraz

Interesting...

Postby Alcatraz » Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:21 am

Although it really makes me angry and sets back a town alot, it is interesting to see how many characters "drop" in one town. Lots of times, you'll think that someone's amazing, until ten people die who were all allied with him. Or, maybe you think they are collaborating, but then only one of the drops.

I do wish less of them, and less of the high impact and active players would stop quitting. At least I know I won't be quitting soon :-P
Alcatraz

Stuff lately...

Postby Alcatraz » Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:23 am

I have noticed a drop in stupid thieves lately, aswell as those people who hit everyone. Maybe are players' minds are being enriched by the quality of this game ;-)
g1asswa1ker

Postby g1asswa1ker » Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:16 am

I don't know about you but you do have a lot of childish players but those don't annoy me so much as the oppressive empires, with there "you can not do that or this or go that way or even just simply farm" them they kill you cause you trying to be yourself rather then their slave. I for one have a goal now I plan on taking down all your stupid empires. It would have been fun walking around and exploring or other things like building the first helo or what ever but you people with your super controling empire bullsh*t have got me as a person pissed off so I'll get my friends and will slowly but surely wipe eahc city out one by one. one day a character who has been doing fine will just poof Mr asshole with a sabar kill kill kill and his four buddys dwill be right there next to him and don't think locking them up will do you much of any good.

On a side note that is why people get that way the bullsh*t started with you guys being Mine mine mine no no no kill him he didn't do what I said or started to build something that I didn't give him permission to build. It's all so annoying that now I want to do it back and do it better. Most people quit because of this but not me I'm an asres to asresholes.

On a lighter note for those few towns that I have characters in that are nice thank you! You made the game for me. I will not end or move my character about just to get what I need but will work with you guys as an rpg character.

For those of you who have read this far I thank you for listening to my rant cause it really was pissing me off.
Somehow you strayed and lost your way,
and now there'll be no time to play,
no time for joy,
no time for friends
- not even time to make amends.
You are too naïve if you do believe life is innocent laughter and fun.

Return to “General Discussion”