Improved efficiency?

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Surly

Improved efficiency?

Postby Surly » Fri Dec 26, 2003 3:55 pm

Okay, I have been trying to work this out IC, but I have had results that begs the question 'Why Bother?'
I refer to the fact that steel hammers seem to be no more efficient than stone hammers. needles are no more effiecient than bone needles. Really why bother wasting steel, which makes everything good in game (RPing aside of course), on products like hammers, when you can use stone?

Actually I can see some reason for that, but most of all what is the difference between a hall and a building once it is built. It takes twice the materials, but what is the difference. Am I missing something?
Ash

Postby Ash » Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:07 pm

Yeah i agree, and "knitting needles" and "wooden knitting needles" If they do the same thing, in the same time 'what is the point'.

There might as well be no steel at all, soon everything will have their counter-parts, "Pickaxe" and "Rubber pickaxe" (BTW thats a joke.)

We should of just kept the tools as they were, because not everything in life is easy to make.

And also whilst im here, how the hack do you make a needle from some small bones? :?
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:14 pm

One Word: Deterioration

That will put the different versions of tools in clear perspective
Ash

Postby Ash » Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:17 pm

I dont get it.. :S

And yes, i AM stupid :(
Surly

Postby Surly » Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:17 pm

Okay... That's quite a good point.

Seriously though about the Hall/Building thing. Unless there is a limit to rooms in buildings, is there actually any point in using twice as much stone?
The Hunter

Postby The Hunter » Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:22 pm

The idea is to implement deterioration in the game. Tools and weapons will loose quality up to a point where they are useless and need to be reapaired or thrown away. Ofcourse steel tools will hold much longer then stone and bone tools.

how the hack do you make a needle from some small bones

What do you mean? In cantr or as compared to RL?

Ilithar Trueblade wrote:Okay... That's quite a good point.

Seriously though about the Hall/Building thing. Unless there is a limit to rooms in buildings, is there actually any point in using twice as much stone?

There's a limit to how much can be stored in a room or building. I assume the quantity is doubled using a hall instead of a room.
Life is fun. Play naked with Psycho-Pixie.

"Our enemies are resourceful and innovative".
"and so are we..."
They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and people"
"and neither do we"
~G.W Bush
Ash

Postby Ash » Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:26 pm

Hmm, is there a limit on the amount you can store in a building, if so does that vary to the amouts you can store in a hall, if not, what is the point in having "hall" there, it take twice the amount of labour for no particular gain.

And if you like it because it's for your little "Town Hall" just use a building, no one will know, because it doesnt say:

Town Hall -- (Hall)

The part in bold being the automatic bit which shows what type of building it is.. but that isn't there.. blah...blah...blah...blah...blah.....

Hey wake up.... !! *looks Furious* :evil:
Ash

Postby Ash » Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:30 pm

Ok, most of my questions were answered while i was dc. :evil:

And about the needle i mean in Cantr..i understand about the iron needle as that needs a file to make, but how do you do it with the bone one.. ? Use your teeth? (Is that how you spell "teeth"?)
And do characters in cantr even have teeth? Moving on, why do characters go to the toilet, i think that that should be implemented.. :twisted:
The Hunter

Postby The Hunter » Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:38 pm

Jimothy wrote:Ok, most of my questions were answered while i was dc. :evil:

And about the needle i mean in Cantr..i understand about the iron needle as that needs a file to make, but how do you do it with the bone one.. ? Use your teeth? (Is that how you spell "teeth"?)
And do characters in cantr even have teeth? Moving on, why do characters go to the toilet, i think that that should be implemented.. :twisted:

Well, i think u just use telekinesis to shape the bones, hehe... so no tool required. :lol:

Character do have teeth, but they're just not worth mentioning i believe. and when characters will need to go to the toilet sometimes, why not also implement "waking up with a headache"? or itching backs, or maybe depressions even? Would you like to have that implemented? :twisted:
Life is fun. Play naked with Psycho-Pixie.

"Our enemies are resourceful and innovative".

"and so are we..."

They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and people"

"and neither do we"

~G.W Bush
Surly

Postby Surly » Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:43 pm

"waking up with a headache" or itching backs and depression should be roleplayed. people should roleplay more, instead of relying on the game to do everything. Use your imagination!

But I get your point. That would just be annoying.

P.S. More roleplaying!!!
Ash

Postby Ash » Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:48 pm

[Orion, Hunter and Guide wrote:]why not also implement "waking up with a headache"? or itching backs, or maybe depressions even? Would you like to have that implemented? [/quote]

Well maybe that would be good to implement. Like i was think to implement implement random events, like:

700-1 - A pidgeon crapped on your head you had to stop digging for iron whilst you cleaned it off.

or

700-1 - Whilst your were travelling you fell over and cracked your head off a rock losing 80% strength.

Although a bit off topic, quite true.. well, it would be good, add more "realism" but then again, would it be worth while?
[/quote]
Camino

Postby Camino » Fri Dec 26, 2003 11:17 pm

You puzzle me deeply me Jimothy, sometimes you just have to assume something happens in Cantr for a reason and that it hasn't been shown to you in-game because nobody wants to.

Return to “General Discussion”