Cantr Dreams

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

SekoETC

Re: Cantr Dreams

Postby SekoETC » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:12 pm

Not a character, a real life person. The one known as wichita here.
Not-so-sad panda
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:13 pm

Ah, I was thinking of Wichita actually, though all I remembered was that they started with a w and had a chair as an avatar (though now I realize that that's west), and that their name was Josh. I don't think I've seen Wichita on the forum in a while.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:55 pm

He's a total workaholic these days or as he calls it, "a responsible working adult".
Not-so-sad panda
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:41 pm

I dreamed again that Cantr was back up, and all my characters save for a few were swarmed with activity, particularly Snick. Something about the Rau having arrived in Klojt by boat, and everybody was freaking out because they thought the Blackrocks were attacking. And then I saw one of my dad's characters in the group and thought, "Why is he here? He can't fight…"

So then I checked another character of mine and saw another one of my dad's characters. He was sleeping, so I went back to Snick, who had just been afflicted with the faints. I freaked out, Snick passed out, and then the dream changed into something else, not at all Cantr-related.
Snickie

Postby Snickie » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:16 pm

Yet another dream that starts off entirely non-Cantr-related ends in completely Cantr-related. So I guess I'm putting it here now since last time when I posted in Non-Cantr-related I was told it better belonged here. Here we go.

For the first part of the dream, the setting was Christmastime, and I was in this room with three panels, like three different background images when you scroll through apps like on an iPhone or Droid. The only difference was that the panels were interconnected to be a perspective of different portions of one wall of the room. Actually, the room looked very similar to the living room in the house in Orlando I used to live in. Anyways, I had to decorate it for Christmas, and I had a time limit to do so, as well as very limited material. So I opened an app on my phone, some sort of drawing app that I don't have IRL, and began drawing Christmas-like festivities, beginning with a Christmas tree and a small cradle with a baby in it. Later, after several things had made, I had to arrange it all. Being the type of person that I am, I spread them evenly throughout the three panels. Then the drum major from our band (whom I will call Alyssa) comes in, dressed in her uniform and everything, to judge the room. I realise: the room looks crappy. So as she's inspecting it, I frantically moved and organised the festivities I'd made into one panel which had a sort of blank wall anyway. It ended up looking amazing, but I never got to hear her critique on it because the dream quickly and abruptly transitions.

We're on the bus coming back from our band competition from yesterday, except it was still light outside, unlike the actual setting IRL where it was very dark. I'd just "woken up" from the dream in the last paragraph, and I was contemplating it as we got off the bus. Then I realise: Alyssa was in it! (And for some reason IRL lately I've been telling people when they've been in my dream.) So I go to find her, heading back onto the bus, fighting huge crowds of band geeks to get there. I never find her, but then I realise I can't get off the bus. There's nothing else for me to do, so I sit there and go where the bus takes me.

It takes me to one location outside of (west of, actually) the spawnplace of my Fu Island character. I get off the bus, where are my char's fiancée (A), our closest friend whom we'd met in the mountains (V), and two other people whom I'd met when we were in that location before (P & J), IG, and I'm my Fu Island character. A and I are debating whether to go on or go elsewhere, and meanwhile P is trying to ask us whether the location we'd apparently just come from was going to initiate trade with them, and I was telling him it was deserted. V and J were just kind of standing there waiting for us to sort it out. Eventually A and I agreed to go home, but then he turned around and started travelling west up the coastline. Being obligated by my loyalty to him to follow, I did so, although I was clearly not happy about it. V appeared behind us a few minutes later, and then I woke up IRL.

Still trying to figure out this one.
Genie
LO - Turkish/RD - Tailor

Postby Genie » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:02 pm

Many times i dreamed my lone sailor has reached to a coast and i ran to cantr with hopes but that never happened*sulks and cries*
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Edgar Allan Poe
Lyd

Postby Lyd » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:17 pm

I dreamed I was successfully procuring healing liquids from green tea and ginseng completely surrounded by beautiful calming green, green, GREEN! (I wonder if my purchase of a ceremonial tea set at Teavana yesterday had anything to it?) :P
Shadows on the ceiling, coffee cup congealing
Tarot cards revealing, a solitary feeling
Terminal eyes, but I think it's alright
-Al Stewart
Joshuamonkey

Postby Joshuamonkey » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:49 pm

I dreamed about Cantr! (two months after the game is down..)
In the dream, the older characters of a town, including my current one in this town, are dead before the beginning of the dream. This town, instead, was filled with many new characters. Somehow, my new character in this dream, Joshua, was the leader there. Then some man in his twenties attacked me and others. I examined the man and found that he was at 48% damage. I should mention that we didn't have shields. For some reason I hesitated to attack him, like it wasn't necessary, but I soon realized that it was. Multiple people were attacking now, and I realized that my damage was at 100%. I thought maybe I should go inside a building, or try to attack the man who attacked me, but I knew it was over. (I saw the building screen in my dream, but not the actual buildings, and I didn't know which one to enter) I got an error message in red letters against the green.
The end.
Well, then I had a dream about trying to find my phone for a few seconds before I woke up (it was vibrating).
Joshuamonkey's Blog
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
Snickie

Postby Snickie » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:27 pm

I had a dream last night that the game was partially back up, but I could only access my three oldest characters even though all of my characters were on the list. Nothing was happening with my eldest, so I went to my second, who was out in the middle of the mountains freezing and scratching the ground trying to find food to eat. And then I went to my third (Snick), where she was in the armoury smelting something, and then she accidentally touched the hot bronze and it fused to her hand. So I said to myself, "Yeah, let's go back to [my second character]." I went back to the screen on my second character and found out that a bear had eaten all of my food and was now mauling her fiancée brutally.

I apologise sincerely, person-who-plays-her-fiancée, for dreaming up weird scenarios about your character!
Snickie

Postby Snickie » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:15 pm

I think another apology is in order.

Because I dreamed last night that we (my char and her mate) were pretty far north in the forest (I can point to it on a map) and were travelling northeast to find food. We come upon this tiny, white, one-story house in a small patch of grassland (and again I can point to the place on a map). We're like, "Food!" And we approach the house, go inside, and salvage what we can. We also find a small girl of no older than six or seven. She's terrified because her mommy and daddy died, so we felt sorry for her and decided to adopt her as our own. We loaded the food into a white van and drove away with the girl. Her name was something to do with astronomy, and I don't remember what it was exactly, but I think we ended up calling her Astrid.

Several years pass in a few minutes. We're settled in a brick house on the beach with the van (that has unlimited fuel!) and we are fairly prosperous. We go to a Target (in Cantr?) and my char takes the kid while my char's mate goes off to get beer. At this point in the dream, I take the view of the fiancée. He runs into several people in the back left of the store (which looks like that of a Publix except for the red target symbol on the ground) and they ask about Astrid. Stuff like, "Aaww, we saw her, she's so cute! Is she yours?" And he says, "Yeah, we adoppted her a few years ago." They ask her name, he says, "Well, my wife keeps calling her different things like Star, but her name is Astrid." They coo at the memory of her again, and then the couple meets up at the cash register. Astrid looks unhappy. I (as my char again) ask her what's wrong, he explains what happened to him in the frozen food aisle, and we look to Astrid who says, "I wanna go home." So we pay and start driving home in the van, but Astrid starts crying that she wanted to go back to the house she came from. I get into the back of the van (fiancée was driving) and try to calm her down, but she throws a tantrum. I quietly gather her and hold her against me, the same way I did when we'd originally found her. She cries into me, and I comfort her all the way home, and then I woke up.
Snickie

Postby Snickie » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:29 pm

<bump and triple-post-with-months-in-between>

I dreamed last night that I starved off my char with the speech impediment, and then spawned another mute named after myself (as in, my real name, not Snick) who basically became Stone Blackrock in terms of how I roleplayed her.

And it was weird because the part where I starved off the char was text-based, I was about to get food for her, and then suddenly her name disappeared from my char list and the dream became of images. The mute's new home was what I recognised as the same place my other char had just died, and they were just kind of standing there while another player came up to me and was asking me questions about my new char, which of course I answered.

Something else happened that I don't remember, and then I woke up.

The character I had starved off, though, is probably my most messed up char IG both mentally and in the way I roleplay her, and at some point I will most likely end up killing her off (but I might not, depending on what happens IG).
Snickie

Postby Snickie » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:07 pm

<more bumping and quadruple posting, but my last post was five or six months ago, so shutty :P>

Last night, I dreamed that the Cantr homepage got a complete makeover, showing a giant map of the world and placing dots in the general areas my characters were in. Weather for each sector of the world was posted around the map, as well as newspaper-type writings for each of my characters (though I only got to read one). The newspaper-things were summaries of what had happened since the last time I'd viewed that character. And then there were a bunch of telephones and phone numbers listed under the map that you could call to report bad weather. So I was calling about a hurricane south of Burgeo Island, but I couldn't hear anything from the earpiece attached to the mouthpiece I was speaking into. Then I figured out that the sound was coming from a different handset than the one I was speaking into, and when I finally figured that out, I was on the seventh out of ten numbers. I found the correct earpiece, and it turned out that Doug R. was on the other line, and we argued about the hurricane for a few minutes, and then I woke up.

I hope you guys understand that I want all of this implemented now. :P

Edit:
Arenti wrote:Though my most occuring dream is about being afraid of my char Drake losing his wife because of the sleeping sickness. I guess I dream that often because I as a player am surprised her player is playing for so long.

This reminded me just now of another part of the dream, sometime between the spiffy homepage thing and phone calls. This part was text-based. My character thinks she was disowned recently. So in the dream, Arenti's character Drake had come outside and then gone back into his house. People whisper for some ten minutes, and then my character is dragged inside where Drake and Madeline are, and her attitude towards my character is radically different, more appreciative and affectionate than when my character had been "disowned", and of course Drake was trying to encourage Madeline about it. My character breaks down into grateful sobbing, and then I click out, back to the spiffed up homepage, to check my other characters and the hurricane phonecalls thing.
Joshuamonkey

Postby Joshuamonkey » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:47 pm

Snickie wrote:I hope you guys understand that I want all of this implemented now.

I'm probably the only GAB member (and maybe staff member) willing to have Cantrians call me randomly.

Snickie wrote:the Cantr homepage got a complete makeover

This one is supposed to be happening, as for the other stuff..I don't think so.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
Snickie

Postby Snickie » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:58 pm

Joshuamonkey wrote:I'm probably the only GAB member (and maybe staff member) willing to have Cantrians call me randomly.

Maybe that's why it was an argument instead of a discussion. :lol:
Genie
LO - Turkish/RD - Tailor

Postby Genie » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:35 am

I dreamed about a city that i haven't seen from a while,my character went there and people were having a party.They were all looking very modern and dancing with a Micheal Jackson song.(don't stop until you get enough)Also there was bus stops :lol:
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “General Discussion”