Less violence

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Alladinsane

Re: Less violence

Postby Alladinsane » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:18 pm

I have had a few who were particularly seedy... but most of their 'crimes' we committed in such a way that they were long gone before they were discovered.
I don't think that playing a violent character makes you any more of a murderer than my con-artists made me into a thief.
Its role-play after all.
Since one or more are still alive, I can't share it.

I'm sorry that your experience has made you seem bitter.
You had some very intriguing chars and I knew more of them than I realized... very well done.

I hope that whatever time off you take, helps you renew your spirit and (hopefully) desire to play.
A famous wise man once said absolutely nothing!
Kyriel

Postby Kyriel » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:34 pm

Unless there's a significant paradigm shift, I will most likely never be back. The game sucked too much out of me, emotionally and creatively. I'lll be doing NaNoWriMo this year again, and hopefully manage to get writing again.

I will say, though, that I wish more of my characters had been murdered, abducted, or even attacked. The one character who was killed was absolutely wonderfully and hilariously done, and the one character who was attacked and survived was so under suitably spooky circumstances. They were the high point of their lives. Most of my characters lived lives of constant drudgery. Changes are interesting, regardless of whether they're good or bad. Spending years making hay is not interesting. A good story can't be made without conflict.
HFrance

Postby HFrance » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:40 pm

We made great roleplays while we were being decimated. That's not the problem. we are here for that. What I regret is the lack of a design department for comprehensive and consistent planning of the game. Preventing a people being attacked while the Department of Resources has not provided any metal in the region.
Cantr II is a social simulator. What is not working is due a problem in the society.
Cantr is like Vegas - what happens in the game should be in the game.
"It's a virtual world, not a theme park!" (Richard Bartle)
Rmak

Postby Rmak » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:03 am

Who killed the Portuguese ?

But still staff complaining about violence but asking for players to talk about is backwards, why not go ask GAB if there are any of them left ?
Quote Wolfsong:
They aren't playing children; they are playing mentally ill people.

:twisted: :roll: :lol: 8) :twisted:

Return to “General Discussion”